Windows 10: Cannot get to BIOS or Advanced Startup option on Dell Inspiron Win 10 dual boot.

Discus and support Cannot get to BIOS or Advanced Startup option on Dell Inspiron Win 10 dual boot. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I use Dell Inspiron 15-7000(7559) laptop with M2 SSD and HybridHDD, Windows 10 dual booted with Manjaro 18.01. Problem: After tinkering with my Linux... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VadimSN, Sep 9, 2019.

1. VadimSN Win User

Cannot get to BIOS or Advanced Startup option on Dell Inspiron Win 10 dual boot.

I use Dell Inspiron 15-7000(7559) laptop with M2 SSD and HybridHDD, Windows 10 dual booted with Manjaro 18.01.

Problem: After tinkering with my Linux installation I receive an error: file '/grub/x86_64-efi/ normal.mod ' not found and then grub rescue prompt. I cannot get to BIOS (using F12 after powering up) or Advanced Startup option at all. I have tried interrupting the boot process before grub rescue> appears by powering down a few times but this still hasn't bring windows recovery up. Whatever I do I always end up in grub rescue> prompt.

Question: How to get to BIOS to boot live media from USB or to Advanced Startup option? Would removing SSD help in any way, original laptop came with HDD only with windows 10 preinstalled there and I know it has a recovery partition.

Thank you!

:)

VadimSN, Sep 9, 2019

2. "Use a device" option not available in advance startup menu

I've a Dell Inspiron N5050 with Windows 10 installed (manually). When I click "Restart Now" under advance startup, after restart, I find only 3 options - Continue to Windows, Troubleshoot and Shutdown. I didn't see Use a device. Please suggest a solution.
    Let me tell you that I am able to boot my USB from boot menu. Also, there is no option in bios related to booting which says UEFI, Legacy or Mixed.

Abhijatya Gupta, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Dual boot options- Ubuntu and Windows 10

Original Title[Dual Boot]

I have updated from windows 8.1 to Windows 10 quite recently, now I want to dual boot my laptop Dell Inspiron 3542, with Ubuntu. But the thing I heard all over the Internet is about the UEFI and Legacy Boot modes and mine is in UEFi mode. In the boot options
    there is an option to change boot mode from UEFi to Legacy BIOS. Is it safe to do so. Doing so, does it help to dual boot with Ubuntu?

My boot mode is set to: UEFI with Legacy OPROM.

Sundar kumar Akella, Sep 9, 2019
  4. fireberd Win User

Cannot get to BIOS or Advanced Startup option on Dell Inspiron Win 10 dual boot.

Upgrade Dell Inspiron 1545 to Win 10 fails

Service tag number isn't required to find the Dell listing and BIOS. Using the service tag number returns a list of available drivers based on the configuration as sold. As this was Vista, using the service tag number will bring up Vista compatible drivers.

The latest BIOS, A14, is dated 2012. Check your BIOS version before installing this as it may already be installed. A caution, older Dell's such as this model, do not have a BIOS recovery if it goes wrong and corrupts the BIOS the only option is to replace the motherboard. FWIW, Dell only supports (has drivers) for XP, Vista and Win 7 for this model. If you can get it to install Win 10, no guarantee that all the hardware is compatible and/or drivers available.

Intel BIOS für Dell Inspiron 1545 Systeme, A14 | Treiberdetails | Dell Deutschland

fireberd, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot get to BIOS or Advanced Startup option on Dell Inspiron Win 10 dual boot. - Similar Threads - Cannot BIOS Advanced

2. Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...: So recently I've made a question post asking for help on the same problem, where I need to access advanced options in BIOS on the startup screen menu, but I cannot because the PC just turns black. I have an ASUS motherboard and PC, with the NVIDIA graphics card, I've tried...
  3. Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced startup, UEFI, BIOS startup screen not working to access advanced options and...: So recently I've made a question post asking for help on the same problem, where I need to access advanced options in BIOS on the startup screen menu, but I cannot because the PC just turns black. I have an ASUS motherboard and PC, with the NVIDIA graphics card, I've tried...
  4. cannot access advanced boot to enter bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot access advanced boot to enter bios: I have tried multiple methods of entering advanced boot so I can change settings in bios but every time I try I'm left with a black screen. I've tried doing it direct through windows settings, holding left shift and restarting, and using command prompt but every time I'm left...
  5. Dual boot not working [Menu and advanced options]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual boot not working [Menu and advanced options]: Good morning / evening everyone i have windows and kali linux installed on my machine , when i first installed kali , there was a problem and it's that kali didn't appear in the dual boot menu , only windows 10 did , i solved this issue by booting into windows then going to...
  6. Windows not booting into advanced startup options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows not booting into advanced startup options: when I try to boot my system, windows is stuck in an infinite boot loop. After 3 startup errors windows should boot into advanced startup options, but it does not. -Spamming f11 doesn’t work -Resetting motherboard battery doesn’t work -After windows does its “Preparing...
  7. How to change Boot defaults when dual-booting using Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Boot defaults when dual-booting using Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10: [ATTACH]This post will show you how to change Boot defaults when dual-booting using Advanced […] This article How to change Boot defaults when dual-booting using Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Windows 10 Clean Install - Dell Inspiron BIOS - Legacy Option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Clean Install - Dell Inspiron BIOS - Legacy Option: Hi, A few days ago I replaced my hard drive with a solid state drive and did a Media Creation Tool clean install to a Dell Inspiron. I changed the BIOS Boot Menu options to Legacy, Secure Boot disabled, Legacy Option for USB boot to use the Tool. Since then, after doing...
  9. Advanced Startup Option

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Startup Option: Hey guys, i want to boot on advance startup option, but everytime i restarted, it just like a normal restart, (settings, recovery then restart) What must be the prblem? i just installed wndows 10 pro. 22998
  10. Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10: How to: Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10 How to Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10 Advanced startup enables you to perform these actions: Start recovery (aka: Windows RE or WinRE), troubleshooting, and diagnostic tools. Boot from a disk (ex:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell bios shutdown and startup option