Windows 10: Cannot get to certain sites. How can I fix this?

Discus and support Cannot get to certain sites. How can I fix this? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a brand new machine, all default settings. I am getting this error: This site can’t be reached www.smarterasp.net took too long to respond.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SueFolkerts1, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Cannot get to certain sites. How can I fix this?

I have a brand new machine, all default settings. I am getting this error:

This site can’t be reached
    www.smarterasp.net took too long to respond.

www.smarterasp.net took too long to respond.

Try:

• Checking the connection
    • Checking the proxy and the firewall
    • Running Windows Network Diagnostics
    ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

on https://www.smarterasp.net/

and:

oneyearawayfromwork.net took too long to respond.

Try:

• Checking the connection
    • Checking the proxy and the firewall
    • Running Windows Network Diagnostics

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

on http://oneyearawayfromwork.net/

I've tried Edge, Chrome, and firefox with the same result on all. I can go to these sites on all three other machines in my house. I've been through this site's suggestions with no break throughs:

https://www.problogbooster.com/2015/03/fix-this-site-cannot-be-reached-err-connection-timed-out-reset-chrome-windows-error-dns-address-not-found-lookup-failure-localhost-refused-to-connect-solved.html

:)

SueFolkerts1, Aug 25, 2018
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Username or Password not registering on certain site

Hi Scott,

In order to identify if this is site compatibility related issue, I suggest you to try running the site in compatibility mode by following the steps below:

1. Open Internet explorer.

2. Open the site and click the gear icon of the browser.

3. Select "compatibility view settings"

4. Add the site and reload the page.

Also, try disabling the proxy by following the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R

2. Type inetcpl.cpl and press enter

3. Under the “Connections” tab click on “LAN Settings

4. Uncheck Use Proxy server” option and click on “OK

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Cannot get to certain sites. How can I fix this?

Username or Password not registering on certain site

Windows 10. When I log onto a certain school email account, from any browser, and put in my username and password, it says 'invalid'. Yet on a smartphone it works as usual! The email site says nothing changed with them, and all other email usernames
    and passwords work ok on all other sites. It's as if the site isn't registering my info, but only from my computer, and again, from any browser. Any suggestions?

scottmar98, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Cannot get to certain sites. How can I fix this?

1. Cannot get to certain sites. How can I fix this? - Similar Threads - Cannot certain sites

2. How can I fix a website at site unreachable DNS error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix a website at site unreachable DNS error?: I made a purchase in a crypto website and after some time when I try to access the website it says,"this site can't be reached", DNS probe finished NX Domain. I have some cryptocurrency I need to withdraw, what can I do?...
  3. How can I fix a website at site unreachable DNS error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix a website at site unreachable DNS error?: I made a purchase in a crypto website and after some time when I try to access the website it says,"this site can't be reached", DNS probe finished NX Domain. I have some cryptocurrency I need to withdraw, what can I do?...
  4. I cannot access on certain site on none of internet browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot access on certain site on none of internet browsers: I cannot access on certain site on none of internet browsers.It says this site cannot reach.ERR_CONNECTION_RESETOn other computer I can access that site....
  5. I cannot access on certain site on none of internet browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access on certain site on none of internet browsers: I cannot access on certain site on none of internet browsers.It says this site cannot reach.ERR_CONNECTION_RESETOn other computer I can access that site....
  6. Accessing certain sites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing certain sites: I am having problems with certain websites. After logging in; the site will not load my account information. This has been happening for about 2 weeks now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accessing-certain-sites/e9ba91fd-d911-41ec-b1b3-e2a50e44d145
  7. how can I get an update or a fix for it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how can I get an update or a fix for it: It appears that this is happening more often that it looked so how often this issue has been reported, have there benn a solution found for this and once it's fixed, this problem will not continue to being an issue right....
  8. I cant connect to certain sites

I cant connect to certain sites: last 2 months of using microsoft edge was fine, but last week when i try to go on to certain sites like epic games, gamejolt, etc. it doesn't want to connect to the site i used network diagnostics and it showed this The device or resource web proxy is not set up to accept...
  9. Cannot access certain sites on Windows 10

Cannot access certain sites on Windows 10: I am unable to open certain sites on Windows 10. Sites that I have been able to access previously.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-access-certain-sites-on-windows-10/e0019bbc-6509-402f-98c8-c045aa84c674
  10. Browsers cannot establish connection at certain sites

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers cannot establish connection at certain sites: Hi, I cannot reach some websites that were easily accessible to me about a couple of weeks ago and get this message from (For example..) Firefox, here's another site I discovered this morning: Unable to connect Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at BBC -...