Windows 10: Cannot get to Microsoft.com constantly reidir to MS Office sales pitch page for Canada but...

Discus and support Cannot get to Microsoft.com constantly reidir to MS Office sales pitch page for Canada but... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am going absolutely bonkers for what seems like forever at this time not over exaggerating either - FYI. I rely upon Google Chrome or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Princess Wonder Woman, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Cannot get to Microsoft.com constantly reidir to MS Office sales pitch page for Canada but...

Hello,

I am going absolutely bonkers for what seems like forever at this time not over exaggerating either - FYI. I rely upon Google Chrome or FireFox never liked MSIE nor Edge - so please no suggestions to use either. Regardless of whether I type in Microsoft.com and hit enter both for Chrome and FF I 100% of the time not exaggerating I get sent to the Canadian sales pitch page for Microsoft Office. Once in a while I get a box offering me the ability to switch to the US but not all the time; this even happens if I Use Google.com and type in Microsoft.com and use the top search result; still same old Canada office sales pitch page.

I have 100% emptied my cache multiple times and 100% emptied my Google history recorder on the Google servers for my Google Account and it even happens when I am not signed into my Google account regardless of using Chrome or FF.

I am currently waiting for a call back 45 minutes for an automated call back from my ISP which for the record is a non-standard setup due to severe financial problems. I have zero choice but to use my "Unlimited" Hotspot through T-Mobile because I cannot afford a normal ISP. The setup works fine, no real spooling or stalling except once in a while on my iPad. My equipment is my iPhone 8+ for hotspot.

I am not a whiz at firewall and networking so I don't know how to recognize anything wacky in those even though I am advanced at tech having been a Level 1 Corp Support Help Desk person for 25+ years. Will be going to school in Jan 2020 to update my skills to include A+ and Network + and Security+ for CompTIA which I am looking forward to.

Can anyone suggest what could be causing this? Doing a clean install for Win10 on my 8-9 year old HP laptop is NOT an option. Too many programs would have to be reinstalled and I do not think all of them would successfully reinstall either plus tons of MS Windows 10 updates to install including being a Microsoft Win 10 Insider Preview Channel Beta User. PLEASE NOTE THIS HAS 100% NOTHING TO DO WITH THE WINDOWS INSIDER NOR THE WINDOWS INSIDER PREVIEWS CHANNEL I MENTIONED THAT ONLY FOR FULL DISCLOSURE SO PLEASE DO NOT SUGGEST OR REDIRECT THIS QUESTION TO THOSE FORUMS.

Any and all assistance is appreciated.

Happy Holidays!

Princess Wonder Woman

:)

Princess Wonder Woman, Dec 21, 2019
  2. //mAr Win User

Microsoft Office 2007 Beta 2 arrived

Today Microsoft released the puplic Beta 2 of Office 2007. It's available in English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish. After signing up on windows live, answer some questions, everyone can download the following products:
    • Microsoft® Office Professional Plus 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Visio® Professional 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2007 with Business Contact Manager
    • Microsoft® Office Project Server 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Project Professional 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Groove® 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Groove® Server 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Multi Language Pack 2007 – French/German/Japanese/Spanish
    • Microsoft® Office OneNote® 2007
    • Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Designer 2007
    • Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Server 2007 - Enterprise
    • Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Server 2007 - Enterprise(x64)
    • Microsoft® Office Forms Server 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Forms Server 2007 (x64)
    You can get it here

//mAr, Dec 21, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
  4. Cannot get to Microsoft.com constantly reidir to MS Office sales pitch page for Canada but...

Quicken & MS Office 2010

Hi William,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Try the commands and check if the MS Office is available on your computer. Try the below steps:

• Press Windows + R and type winword.exe
      and hit enter.

• If MS word open up MS Office is available on the system.
    If not, you have to install it again from the store.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

Cannot get to Microsoft.com constantly reidir to MS Office sales pitch page for Canada but...

1. Cannot get to Microsoft.com constantly reidir to MS Office sales pitch page for Canada but... - Similar Threads - Cannot Microsoft com

2. Quick Assist phishing: Elaborate sales pitch or worse???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Quick Assist phishing: Elaborate sales pitch or worse???: Bad me. I was looking at a shameful :- website on my iPad; as I tried to close the site, it seemed to malfunction a little. I was hitting an on-screen control somewhat casually: a message with a convincing Apple logo said my computer had been automatically locked for my...
  3. Quick Assist phishing: Elaborate sales pitch or worse???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Assist phishing: Elaborate sales pitch or worse???: Bad me. I was looking at a shameful :- website on my iPad; as I tried to close the site, it seemed to malfunction a little. I was hitting an on-screen control somewhat casually: a message with a convincing Apple logo said my computer had been automatically locked for my...
  4. Quick Assist phishing: Elaborate sales pitch or worse???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft accounts and MS Office

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft accounts and MS Office: I am constantly getting a message to update my security on my Hotmail and Gmail account. I have removed both and added again but this still continues. Also a recently added MS Office 365 stops working and I have to reload! What is going on????...
  6. Cannot use cortana in Canada.

in Cortana
    Cannot use cortana in Canada.: So I just got my new computer and set it up. The Cortana shows "Sorry, but Cortana is not available in English Canada at this time". My computer currently runs OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro for Workstations Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041 "Windows display language"...
  7. Free software 'on sale' in MS store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Free software 'on sale' in MS store?: Search 'Dev CPP' in MS Store you'll find one published by 'Dev Packager' and priced 78RMB in CN, but this software is available for FREE atSourceforge . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-software-on-sale-in-ms-store/c0ee9232-09c6-40ad-8f12-42c7a76e78f8"
  8. Cannot get to start page

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot get to start page: Today, when I tried to get on my laptop, the window in which you enter your password did not and will not come up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-to-start-page/8c553ca1-4c20-4ff9-8695-8e620ace1297
  9. Constantly getting page not found

in Browsers and Email
    Constantly getting page not found: Hi, I have been on 10 for awhile now, did the free upgrade from 7 to 10 awhile back. But all of a sudden in the last few weeks i have been getting alot of page not founds. And to fix it temporarily i have to close everything down, reset my IE, run Ccleaner, clear my dns...
  10. Constantly getting the page can not be displayed

in Browsers and Email
    Constantly getting the page can not be displayed: Hi, doesn't matter if it's IE or Opera. I never had this problem until after updating to the preview yesterday. Anyone else? Is there some kind of fix? I even get it on this site when refreshing or changing pages, sometime a refresh works and sometimes not. I have xfinity...