Windows 10: Cannot get to windows update page

Discus and support Cannot get to windows update page in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; If I type "windows update" in the search bar and then click on "Windows Update Settings" I get taken to the "Windows Settings" Page. On the "Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaulBlatchford1, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Cannot get to windows update page

If I type "windows update" in the search bar and then click on "Windows Update Settings" I get taken to the "Windows Settings" Page. On the "Windows Settings" page if I click on "Update & Security" I get taken to the "Update and security" page but there are no links to Windows Update anywhere.

Basically the windows update page does not exist on my computer and I can't figure out why.

WINDOWS10 Pro 64bit

Version - 10.0.17134 Build 17134

:)

PaulBlatchford1, Oct 21, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Cannot get to windows update page :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 21, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Cannot get to windows update page

Win10 updates

The initial one was KB3035583 to get the Get Windows 10 app (GWX). Though that particular update is probably pages upon dozens of pages down the list by now.

tabascosauz, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Cannot get to windows update page

1. Cannot get to windows update page - Similar Threads - Cannot update page

2. cannot get updates for windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot get updates for windows: My windows update is not working. I need assistance because my windows is slow and will not open certain apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-updates-for-windows/4a75bd86-cc94-450d-9388-bf0e21421b20
  3. cannot get updates for windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot get updates for windows: My windows update is not working. I need assistance because my windows is slow and will not open certain apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-updates-for-windows/4a75bd86-cc94-450d-9388-bf0e21421b20
  4. cannot get updates for windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cannot get my windows 10 activation the page you requested cannot be found.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I cannot get my windows 10 activation the page you requested cannot be found.: Dear Gurus I ordered my windows10 upgrade , it send me an email.. when I click on the link.. --> it says --> the page you requested cannot be found. It takes to this address --> mucp.api.account.microsoft.com ......... page not found errror I already paid the amound...
  6. Cannot get past first page

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot get past first page: When I turn my computer on, it will not allow the camera to see me and automatically sign me in. How do I make the camera see me? I probably have a password, but I cannot recall it. Can I access the password so I can write it down. I have tried to guess the password,...
  7. keep getting message cannot securely connect to this page go back to last page.

in Windows 10 Customization
    keep getting message cannot securely connect to this page go back to last page.: I keep getting this message saying cannot connect securely to this page. It is stopping me complete any on line transactions and I have to use my tablet instead. This has only happened since windows 10 update...
  8. Cannot get to start page

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot get to start page: Today, when I tried to get on my laptop, the window in which you enter your password did not and will not come up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-get-to-start-page/8c553ca1-4c20-4ff9-8695-8e620ace1297
  9. Getting to know the Windows update history pages

in Windows 10 News
    Getting to know the Windows update history pages: At Microsoft, our vision for transparency is what drives us to create extensive documentation for every audience. We believe our documentation should reflect the needs of our customers and range from “get started” guides for our various products and solutions to guidance...
  10. Cannot Reach this page

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Reach this page: Hello This post is in regards to a website that I'm attempting to access. Within the email there is a highlighted link "Store" where I access a link to purchase my photos.. Clicking on this link Message reads Cannot reach this page, Refresh or Search. Clicking on Refresh...