Windows 10: Cannot get verification box to pop up to open personal vault on desktop in windows 10

Discus and support Cannot get verification box to pop up to open personal vault on desktop in windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi A couple of week ago I created the personal vault in onedrive and transferred some important files into it for extra security. While I can log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EmmaConnor, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Cannot get verification box to pop up to open personal vault on desktop in windows 10

Hi

A couple of week ago I created the personal vault in onedrive and transferred some important files into it for extra security.

While I can log in on the internet and can see my files, when I click on the personal vault to open it in the onedrive folder on my desktop, it does not pop up with a verification box and just does nothing, meaning I cannot access the files from my desktop which is a bit worrying!

Can someone please tell me what to do? apart from laborioulsy downloading each file onto my computer from the website?

Its like windows 10 just isnt responding on my desktop.

Many thanks

Emma

:)

EmmaConnor, Jun 30, 2020
  2. comnuts Win User

Personal Vault - How to change verification from code to PIN ?

Hi Mike, thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. Please allow me to assist with your issue.

Two-step verification is required to gain access to Personal Vault.

On OneDrive Mobile App, you will be able to setup Personal Vault PIN to gain access to Personal Vault.

On Desktop or Browser, the verification is by Text, Email or Microsoft Authenticator App depending on the two-step verification method you have configured for your Microsoft Account.

I would sugggest setting up Microsoft Authenticator App so you can unlock your Personal Vault with lesser steps while on Desktop or Browser - Unlock Personal Vault > Send Notification > Approve on Microsoft Authenticator App. If you would like to update your
    Two-step verification method, please refer to this article:
    https://support.microsoft.com/help/12408

If you like to know more about Personal Vault, please refer to this article:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/protec...

Please let me know if I can help you further!

comnuts, Jun 30, 2020
  3. OneDrive Personal Vault cannot be unlocked on Windows10.

I was able to get rid of the Red X on my OneDrive icon and the error message saying that the Personal Vault could not be synchronized by doing the following:

1. Access the personal vault OnLine via the the View OnLine option from the desktop icon in the task bar.
    2. Open the vault via the Web Browser and select all the files and folders in the vault.
    3. Count all the files and folders presently in the Personal Vault.
    4. Move all the files and folders out of the Personal Vault to another folder in your OneDrive.
    5. Refresh and verify the Personal Vault is empty.
    6. Verify all your important files have been successfully moved by verifying the folder and file count.
    7. Disable the Personal Vault online via the Web browser.
    8. Select the Personal Vault and attempt to delete it. A message "Cant delete Personal Vault' appears.
    9. Click on 'Go to settings'.
    10. Select the options to Disable the Personal Vault <Select Disable>. and "Disable" when asked are you sure. [NOTE: when you do this, any contents in the vault are irretrievably lost. So make sure it is empty first.]
    11. Wait 30-60 seconds for your OneDrive desktop to synch.
    12. Go back to the browser and select Enable on the Persona Vault window if it is still opened.
    13. If you closed the window, select Settings in the upper right of online OneDrive (to the left of the question mark), select options, select Personal Vault from the left side menu, then select Enable.
    14. A pop-up stating, "Your Personal Vault is back". Select 'got it'.
    15. Click on OneDrive in the upper left corner of the browser screen.
    16. Find your Personal Vault in your file/folder list.
    17. Open it (you will have to authenticate to open).
    18. Inspect the vault. It should be empty. In some cases there will be old "uncached" files that appears. It was the failed synching that caused the Red X. Reestablishing the Personal Vault allows the synch to proceed. Be careful as these files might not
      contain the most contemporaneous data.
    19. You should now be able to use the Personal Vault as before without the Red X. You can move the files you moved out of the Personal Vault back into the Personal Vault - - begin careful to decide which version to keep of any duplicate files.

SteveGhera, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Cannot get verification box to pop up to open personal vault on desktop in windows 10

Brink, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Cannot get verification box to pop up to open personal vault on desktop in windows 10

1. Cannot get verification box to pop up to open personal vault on desktop in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot verification box

2. Onedrive cannot unlock personal vault

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Onedrive cannot unlock personal vault: I use Onedrive to access and modify important files both on my home desktop and my laptop when I am at work. Onedrive has always worked perfectly both on my home desktop and on my laptop except for one perplexing issue:When attempting to unlock Onedrive's personal vault...
  3. Verification options for OneDrive Personal Vault on Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Verification options for OneDrive Personal Vault on Windows 10: Hi.I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 5 running Windows 10. I would like to use my fingerprint via Windows Hello, password or pin to unlock the Personal Vault on OneDrive.My issue:On Windows 10, I am only presented with the option to unlock the Personal Vault by way of SMS...
  4. Personal Vault windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Personal Vault windows 10: Upon starting my pc I have a error box pop up titled "OneDrive" I use OneDrive regularly and I have important files in my vault. However when I go to open the vault to access it, it gives me the same "This application failed to start because no GT platform plugin could be...
  5. Personal Vault - verification email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Personal Vault - verification email address: Hi, How do I change the verification email address when accessing my Personal Vault please? At the moment I have the option to have a security code sent to either my mobile phone number or an old, now obsolete email address? This email address is not the normal one...
  6. Personal Vault

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Personal Vault: Can't unlock personal vault with codes? Error Code: 0x8031b003 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-vault/3cb2d537-9780-4375-aa23-70be9768e568"
  7. Cannot unlock Personal Vault

Cannot unlock Personal Vault: I recently re-installed my Surface book with a clean Windows 10. I enabled the Personal Vault in OneDrive. At about the same time, I changed the name of my computer so the vault name does not reflect the computer name. Now I cannot unlock my personal vault. I have attached...
  8. Personal Vault

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal Vault: I just got a new folder in onedrive, Personal vault, why I don't know. However who am I to say to the Gods of Microsoft what they must do.. Anyway as usual it is not working. See attached images. [img] [img] I did in fact close onedrive and reopened. Gort 141314
  9. Cannot cancel personal vault

Cannot cancel personal vault: This is how you replicate the error on a microsoft surface book (top of the line in 2017) with windows 10 Pro Microsoft sends a notification to try the personal vault, you switch it on It annoys the **** out of you the whole time because you keep getting notifications...
  10. Set up OneDrive Personal Vault in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set up OneDrive Personal Vault in Windows 10: How to: Set up OneDrive Personal Vault in Windows 10 How to Set up OneDrive Personal Vault in Windows 10 OneDrive is a cloud-based storage service where you can view, browse, upload, and share the files you saved online to OneDrive. OneDrive runs on the trusted...