Windows 10: Cannot get Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop to work

Discus and support Cannot get Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop to work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a client that I am trying to setup Remote Desktop for their Windows 10 Pro computer. Unfortunately it wont even initiate a connection to verify... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chapman454, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Cannot get Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop to work

[COLOR=rgba5, 5, 5, 1]I have a client that I am trying to setup Remote Desktop for their Windows 10 Pro computer. Unfortunately it wont even initiate a connection to verify credentials. I have turned on the Remote desktop settings. Set the network to private. Disabled the anti-virus and firewall. I have verified the computer has an ip address and is connected to the internet. I have also tried numerous other recommendations but it has been to no avail. Does anyone have any recommendations on things I could try to resolve this?[/COLOR]

:)

Chapman454, Apr 15, 2021
  2. ShiBDiB Win User

Remote Desktop not working

First off, im unbanned wooo

I'm trying to use logmein pro to get windows remote desktop setup for my main computer back home, its 8.1 pro and the remote desktop option in the computer properties is activated. (Also the remote port has been changed in the reg as I have a home server that I remote to as well which works fine). All ports have been forwarded and there's no firewall issues.

The issue is I just completely cannot connect to it using remote desktop. Is this due to logmein being installed? I don't want to uninstall it to test my theory and then be completely cutoff from the pc for 2 months if I'm wrong.

ShiBDiB, Apr 15, 2021
  3. After upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, Remote Desktop is not working

Hi Mayukh,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run Built In troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Step 1: Please follow the steps below to run Built in Troubleshooter:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar.
    • Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.
    • Select Windows store Apps.
    • Follow the on screen instruction.
    Step 2: After running Troubleshooter follow the below steps.

• Type Remote Desktop in search bar.
    • Select Remote Desktop app and open it.
    • In the bottom you will see a button as Show Options.
    • Click on Show Options, you will see the options to enter your credentials.
    • Enter the credentials and click on Connect.
    • Check if it works.
    Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Cannot get Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop to work

Remote Desktop missing in Allow Apps Through Firewall on Windows 10

Hi Brian,

To isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

• How did you enable Remote Desktop on your Windows 10 Pro? Please share the steps that you've taken.
    • Are there any error messages that appear whenever Windows disables Remote Desktop?

Regards.

JohnRod Nav, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Cannot get Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop to work

1. Cannot get Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop to work - Similar Threads - Cannot Pro Remote

2. Window 10 Pro -Remote desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 Pro -Remote desktop: I need to remote into my desktop from my laptop. Do I need to have windows pro on both systems or just the one that I am remoting into? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-pro-remote-desktop/49ddd37e-be29-4c7a-80e0-9fa9f1f7fa3f
  3. Window 10 Pro -Remote desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 Pro -Remote desktop: I need to remote into my desktop from my laptop. Do I need to have windows pro on both systems or just the one that I am remoting into? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-pro-remote-desktop/49ddd37e-be29-4c7a-80e0-9fa9f1f7fa3f
  4. Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop: I have a Windows 10 Pro computer and I'm trying to use the Remote Desktop Client app on my Tab S6 to get access to it. I'd like to be able to access it even if I'm on a different network (like when I'm not home). How do I go about doing that? submitted by /u/Ronin1791...
  5. Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop credentials not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro Remote Desktop credentials not working: Hello, I have two PCs on my home network. Let's call them WORK and PERSONAL. I use WORK for, well, work, but I only have limited physical space and one set of keyboard, mouse, and monitors, so I'm constantly unplugging my devices from WORK and then plugging them into...
  6. New Windows 10 Pro cannot connect with Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Windows 10 Pro cannot connect with Remote Desktop: I recently re-installed windows onto a new PC. I've enabled Remote Desktop in the settings but my laptop has not been able to connect. The laptop had no troubles connecting with previous installation. I'm getting logs for remote desktop like this: TCP socket WRITE...
  7. Windows 10 Pro- Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro- Remote Desktop: Hi. I have W10 Pro on my Surface Pro and W10 Home on my laptop and desktop. Is the W10 Pro license specific to the machine or would it be available to other owned machines? If not, I assume that I would I need to purchase separate upgrade licences? My interest in W10 Pro...
  8. Windows 10 pro remote desktop

Windows 10 pro remote desktop: Can I connect to a windows 10 pro with remote desktop from 3 computes at the same time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-remote-desktop/331f4bf5-9805-4c6d-be92-aa95a43c9ddb
  9. Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Pro: Up on entering password to access my office PC with Remote Desktop in Windows 10 Pro , my laptop screen goes black with a message " An error occurred while the connection was being stablished"...
  10. Remote desktop - Windows 10 Pro?

Remote desktop - Windows 10 Pro?: To remotely control a Windows 10 PC from another Windows 10 PC using Remote Desktop, do BOTH PCs need to have Windows 10 Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-windows-10-pro/a256a1ef-e79e-44cc-a378-d3594239d745