Windows 10: Cannot get Windows 10 to load on Intel NUC5CPHH

Discus and support Cannot get Windows 10 to load on Intel NUC5CPHH in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have seen several posts regarding loading Windows 10 on these and other UEFI systems but cannot for the life of me get it to work... I am running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LarkinPrime, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Cannot get Windows 10 to load on Intel NUC5CPHH

I have seen several posts regarding loading Windows 10 on these and other UEFI systems but cannot for the life of me get it to work... I am running with 8GB RAM and a 120GB SSD. I was actually able to load it the very first time out of the box, but after that, I cannot. I have had Linux on it successfully.

Here is my workflow so far.
    • Updated to the latest BIOS
    • Enable UEFI and checked the boot order
    • Disabled legacy boot options
    • Created a bootable USB using Rufus and the Windows 10 x64 ISO
      • Set the Partition Scheme to GPT for UEFI
      • Kept File System = Fat32
      • Chose the ISO
      • Kept all other defaults
    • Booted to the USB
    • Used Shift+f10 to get to a command prompt
    • Ran Diskpart to CLEAN the Hard Drive
    • Chose Custom Install
    • Chose the unpartitioned hard drive (only one available)
    • Let the install complete.

The install runs, but when the computer reboots I get the standardWindows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer. restart the installation
    Strangely, I still have the NUC splash screen ann I cannot hit the OK button (see attached).

I am open to suggestion or links. Thanks.

:)

LarkinPrime, Mar 19, 2017

2. HP ElitePad g1 900

My issue is Windows 10 cannot be installed due to an Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator incompatibility issue

So as it stands I don't get Windows 10 until Intel does their job and creates the proper drivers for windows 10 and seems there a loads of people out there with other Makes from other companies with the Intel Chip that are also not going to be getting the
    update until they fix this issue or someone finds a work around for seems Intel is in no rush for older gear. We shall see I guess in time.

DonProsser, Mar 19, 2017
  3. Error: "Your wireless card is not compatible with intel widi", "This platform is not compatible with intel widi" while trying to access wireless display on Windows 10

Thanks Deepika for your response. But unfortunately this did not help. Issue remains. Again tried the Intel Widi install and get the same error

This platform is not compatible with intel widi

Your wireless card is not compatible with intel widi

your wireless driver cannot find or load necessary components for intel widi

your video hardware is not compatible with intel widi

your graphics driver cannot find or load necessary components for intel widi

KekiraChangappa, Mar 19, 2017
  4. Cannot get Windows 10 to load on Intel NUC5CPHH

Hi LarkinPrime. Welcome to the TenForums @LarkinPrime

In your BIOS do you have a setting for secure boot or Fast boot. They both must be disabled during the install. See this tutorial.

Clean Install Windows 10

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 19, 2017
  5. Yes I do have both disabled...

LarkinPrime, Mar 20, 2017
  6. Turns out it had something to do with the ISO I was using. I changed to the Windows Insider 1607 image and it worked!!

LarkinPrime, Mar 20, 2017
  7. bobkn Win User
    That's unexpected.

I have only done a few clean installs, but I have never turned off secure boot and fast boot in the BIOS before them.

bobkn, Mar 20, 2017
  8. Cannot get Windows 10 to load on Intel NUC5CPHH

Glad to hear its up and running. Neat little boxes with plenty of fire power.

Ken

Re secure boot. It is supposed to prevent someone from being able to boot your machine with another OS. Of course if you can just shut it off it really means you need to turn password protection on to enter BIOS. Not sure why fast boot. That said its in Shawn's tutorial and they are rock solid, no point fighting city hall. LOL

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Cannot get Windows 10 to load on Intel NUC5CPHH

1. Cannot get Windows 10 to load on Intel NUC5CPHH - Similar Threads - Cannot load Intel

2. Cannot load Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot load Windows 10: I have a surface runniing 8.1 pro. Bought windows 10 home from Microsoft. When I use the download tool it runs through the process and finally give message Windows 10 did not load? Machine has all requirements. At no time am I asked for the product key!No external devices...
  3. Cannot load Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot load Windows 10: I have a surface runniing 8.1 pro. Bought windows 10 home from Microsoft. When I use the download tool it runs through the process and finally give message Windows 10 did not load? Machine has all requirements. At no time am I asked for the product key!No external devices...
  4. Cannot load Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows seems to load to load. Win 10 / Intel DH Graphics 4000

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows seems to load to load. Win 10 / Intel DH Graphics 4000: Regarding:One a PC running Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Version Build 21H1 10.0.19043 on a Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H System Board with Intel® HD Graphics 4000.A second PC running Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit N / Version Build 21H1 10.0.19042 on a ASUSTeK P8Z77-V LX. with...
  6. Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows seems to load to load. Win 10 / Intel DH Graphics 4000

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows seems to load to load. Win 10 / Intel DH Graphics 4000: Regarding:One a PC running Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Version Build 21H1 10.0.19043 on a Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H System Board with Intel® HD Graphics 4000.A second PC running Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit N / Version Build 21H1 10.0.19042 on a ASUSTeK P8Z77-V LX. with...
  7. Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows seems to load to load. Win 10 / Intel DH Graphics 4000

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 Not Loading & Cannot Recover

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Not Loading & Cannot Recover: Hi My partners laptop, Toshiba Satellite L50 was running fine up to yesterday, she went to put it on and it went into a repair loop, without starting. I tried to get the recover option to load and it would not do it, so I made a Windows 10 recovery media from my laptop and...
  9. Cannot Get Past Windows 10 Loading Screen

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cannot Get Past Windows 10 Loading Screen: Hi, I've had a really frustrating day trying to get my computer back up and running but I have very little technical knowledge to help me. I built the computer myself 4 years ago and it has been running fine in general; however, there have been times where it failed to...
  10. Cannot load Windows 10 under Intel HD Graphics Family Driver with Intel 2nd Generation CPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot load Windows 10 under Intel HD Graphics Family Driver with Intel 2nd Generation CPU: Hi, I found I have a PC with Intel HD Graphics Family Driver with Intel 2nd Generation CPU. It works fine on Windows 7 - 64 bit. But it cannot load into windows either in normal mode or safe mode after get latest windows updates. Please help. BR User...