Windows 10: cannot get windows 10 updates because my system thinks I am not connected to internet even...

Discus and support cannot get windows 10 updates because my system thinks I am not connected to internet even... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have windows 10 I can connect to internet even though my computer says I have no connection however Microsoft.com thinks I am not connected and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by michaelhennessy2, Aug 13, 2018.

1. cannot get windows 10 updates because my system thinks I am not connected to internet even...

I have windows 10

I can connect to internet even though my computer says I have no connection

however Microsoft.com thinks I am not connected and therefore I cannot download updates to my computer

how do I fix this

:)

michaelhennessy2, Aug 13, 2018

2. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Sep 25, 2018
  3. No Internet Connectivity after Windows 10 update

Hi,

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist you with this.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the exact model of the laptop?
    • Which update caused this issue? Share the KB number.
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?
    • Have you installed any third party security software?
    I would like to suggest try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Connect your PC directly to the Ethernet cable and check if you are able to receive Internet connectivity. If you are still unable to connect to the internet proceed to the next step.

Method 2: Refer to the article Fix network connection issues provided in the link below for more troubleshooting steps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this information helps.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 25, 2018
  4. cannot get windows 10 updates because my system thinks I am not connected to internet even...

Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

A couple of days ago I upgraded my desktop to windows 10 after getting one of those MS prompts. However now I cannot access the internet and suspect the drivers from the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-ud4 motherboard does not support the internet drivers required. Searching the manufacturers website has not given me any joy either. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

iwanttobeabookie, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

cannot get windows 10 updates because my system thinks I am not connected to internet even...

1. cannot get windows 10 updates because my system thinks I am not connected to internet even... - Similar Threads - cannot updates system

2. Windows thinks I'm not connected on the internet, while I am.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows thinks I'm not connected on the internet, while I am.: A few weeks ago I reset my pc and everything was going smoothly until some time after windows showed I had no connection while I had one.I have literally tried everything I could find on this matter, including.-Troubleshooting.-Resetting the network more than 1...
  3. Windows thinks I'm not connected on the internet, while I am.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows thinks I'm not connected on the internet, while I am.: A few weeks ago I reset my pc and everything was going smoothly until some time after windows showed I had no connection while I had one.I have literally tried everything I could find on this matter, including.-Troubleshooting.-Resetting the network more than 1...
  4. Windows thinks I'm not connected on the internet, while I am.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows thinks I’m not connected to the internet but I am 2022?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows thinks I’m not connected to the internet but I am 2022?: Date/TimeActionAuthor12/25/2017 7:06:03 AMLockedA. User2/3/2014 9:01:26 PMCreatedStrictStew9953 Windows 7 says I'm not connected to the internet, but I amBrandon T Davis Windows thinks I’m not connected to the internet but I am July 25th 2020As you can see SAME issue going...
  6. Windows thinks I’m not connected to the internet but I am 2022?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows thinks I’m not connected to the internet but I am 2022?: Date/TimeActionAuthor12/25/2017 7:06:03 AMLockedA. User2/3/2014 9:01:26 PMCreatedStrictStew9953 Windows 7 says I'm not connected to the internet, but I amBrandon T Davis Windows thinks I’m not connected to the internet but I am July 25th 2020As you can see SAME issue going...
  7. windows thinks I am not connected to the internet but I am

windows thinks I am not connected to the internet but I am: Settings tells me I am connected to the internet but for some reason windows 10 up to date does not think I am. So far I cannot find a fix even used Geeks but nothing fixes. Below is the error message I get when attempting to use the feedback process....
  8. Windows thinks I'm not connected to the internet, but I am.

Windows thinks I'm not connected to the internet, but I am.: My problem is twofold: the first issue is that lately adjusting the volume on my PC works when playing through the monitor speakers, but not when using headphones. I saw the recommendation to use the windows troubleshooter, which is when I hit my second snag: The network...
  9. Windows thinks I’m not connected to the internet but I am

Windows thinks I’m not connected to the internet but I am: Windows thinks im not connected to the internet but i am. I can browse the internet, download games, watch videos but anything to do with windows it tells me im not connected. Ive tried everything to fix it but with no luck, nothing has fixed it. Its finally start to get...
  10. My computer thinks i am not connected to the internet but i am

My computer thinks i am not connected to the internet but i am: I can browse the web normally, just my computer doesn't think I am connected, therefore cortana etc. is not working. I already tried the troubleshooter and got no help?...