Windows 10: Cannot get windows to shut down

Discus and support Cannot get windows to shut down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I click on the Windows icon in the bottom left corner, then Power, then Shut Down, my HP PC restarts instead of shutting down. I've tried this a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DanielRafferty2, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Cannot get windows to shut down

When I click on the Windows icon in the bottom left corner, then Power, then Shut Down, my HP PC restarts instead of shutting down. I've tried this a number of times and I cannot shut down my desktop as I have been doing over the last 4 years.

All other sections of the Windows Security app are OK.

I don't want to have to do a hard shut down every time to turn my desktop off. How can I fix this Windows problem?

:)

DanielRafferty2, Dec 22, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 22, 2020
  4. Ernie San Win User

Cannot get windows to shut down

Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Cannot get windows to shut down

1. Cannot get windows to shut down - Similar Threads - Cannot shut down

2. Laptop CANNOT shut itself down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop CANNOT shut itself down: Hello, I'm on Windows10. I've been so confused about my computer these recent days. Whenever I tried to shut down or restart, the computet would show the powering off screen without any spinning dots Below attachment to show if the powering process was going on. I thought it...
  3. Laptop CANNOT shut itself down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop CANNOT shut itself down: Hello, I'm on Windows10. I've been so confused about my computer these recent days. Whenever I tried to shut down or restart, the computet would show the powering off screen without any spinning dots Below attachment to show if the powering process was going on. I thought it...
  4. Laptop CANNOT shut itself down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lagging and cannot open apps cannot shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lagging and cannot open apps cannot shut down: When I try to open a app in the desktop using my mouse it doesn't work when I go to downloads and click it went back to quick access. When I open a browser and open a website but when I click something it went back to the time I open it again. My taskbar doesn't work properly...
  6. cannot shut down or retrive email.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot shut down or retrive email.: I cannot shut down system, or retrive my email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-shut-down-or-retrive-email/e4de2880-05d2-402b-babc-a2f741d18017
  7. cannot shut down or retrive email.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot shut down or retrive email.: I cannot shut down system, or retrive my email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-shut-down-or-retrive-email/e4de2880-05d2-402b-babc-a2f741d18017
  8. cannot shut down or retrive email.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Cannot Shut Down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Shut Down: I am currently on Windows 10 Home Single Language 64bit Edition 2004 May 2020 Update. after I installed May 2020 update some other updates were also installed including the cumulative update. I tried to shut down but it doesn't work Windows automatically restarts and the...
  10. cannot shut down computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    cannot shut down computer: New computer - Asus Prime Z390 - A motherboard, intel LGA1151 processor, 16 gb ram, new ss hd w/ fresh windows 10 installed. I run troubleshooter for power, internet connections, windows 10 etc. Unchecked fast start up - reviewed numerous help forums - tried everything...