Windows 10: Cannot get Windows Updates and App Store items you download on fresh install

Discus and support Cannot get Windows Updates and App Store items you download on fresh install in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Beyond frustrated. I’m a 30 year PC veteran and I think I know my stuff but this one just bugs me. Fresh clean incident free installs of Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DrestinBlack, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Cannot get Windows Updates and App Store items you download on fresh install

Beyond frustrated. I’m a 30 year PC veteran and I think I know my stuff but this one just bugs me.

Fresh clean incident free installs of Windows 10 Pro (legit iso from MS, no hacks of any kind). This happens with 18xx versions all the way to the latest 19xx versions. Installing to a years old Dell Latitude Laptop that was previously running Windows XP then 7 just fine.

Install goes perfectly, only two small Dell specific drivers needed. Everything is working just fine. No errors no warnings no ? marks in Device Manager. I am able to install apps either from disk or downloads. Connected to very fast Internet via Ethernet (or WiFi, doesn’t matter which I use).

Both Windows Updates and App Store items will detect properly, then enter Pending Download status and ... just... sit there. Sometimes one of them will say “Downloading...” and just sit there (or maybe get to 5%). I’ve left it sit for days. No CPU use, no disk use, no network use, no network connection attempts, nothing. Everything else works fine, downloads fine, except these things.

Yes BITS is running. Yes, I’ve tried the troubleshooters. I’ve reinstalled several times. I’ve even tried repairs via multiple post suggestions for WU issues and tried Tweaking.com’s Windows Repair.

I just can’t get it to work on this Laptop. So, must be the laptop ... but what?!

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/DrestinBlack
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DrestinBlack, Dec 12, 2019

2. unable to download/install apps from store

To further assist you on the issue with installing apps from the Windows Store, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Does your computer have the most recent update for Windows 10?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you try the steps shared by Triw on this

thread
    which seemed to help a lot of users who were experiencing issues with installing apps from the Store.

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Unable to download apps from Windows Store

Hi Nishadha,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Do you face an issue with a particular\ all apps?

As you have issue with the store downloading apps, try to run these inbuilt troubleshooters.

We would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the link

• Type troubleshooting in the search box and hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Windows store apps.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and check.

and

Follow the same steps to use the Windows update troubleshooter.

Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Dec 12, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Cannot get Windows Updates and App Store items you download on fresh install

Windows 10 installing progs

Fresh installs do it too, in fact i have had the same bs happen. Might be suggested apps which you can turn off.

AsRock, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Cannot get Windows Updates and App Store items you download on fresh install

1. Cannot get Windows Updates and App Store items you download on fresh install - Similar Threads - Cannot Updates App

2. Microsoft Store Apps are getting stuck at 1% download. Windows 11 fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Apps are getting stuck at 1% download. Windows 11 fresh install: Hello. I have the same issue as described here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-apps-are-getting-stuck-at-1/878caca4-9eb6-424e-a485-68a0db7220a0 And nothing helps: can't update neither microsoft store, nor other apps e.g. game bar...
  3. Microsoft Store Apps are getting stuck at 1% download. Windows 11 fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store Apps are getting stuck at 1% download. Windows 11 fresh install: Hello. I have the same issue as described here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-apps-are-getting-stuck-at-1/878caca4-9eb6-424e-a485-68a0db7220a0 And nothing helps: can't update neither microsoft store, nor other apps e.g. game bar...
  4. cannot download apps frpm windows store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    cannot download apps frpm windows store: cannot download apps from windows store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-apps-frpm-windows-store/633f23d2-56b4-4515-9f08-72174210bfa6
  5. I cannot install apps downloaded from the store

I cannot install apps downloaded from the store: I download the apps but cannot install them. Any help is appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-install-apps-downloaded-from-the-store/7834dfac-6cbf-448d-8d0e-fcd97dfe3b21
  6. Updates and Store Items not Downloading

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updates and Store Items not Downloading: Recently my PC has started blue screening constantly, almost every 15 minutes if I’m unlucky. I had to reset windows a few months ago, and when I did anything downloaded off the store would be downloading indefinitely (pending) and never download. I recently realized that...
  7. Cannot update windows, nor can I download install apps in the Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot update windows, nor can I download install apps in the Microsoft Store.: Hello. Upon trying to download a game from the Microsoft Store, I came across this error: [IMG] I tried to reset the app, that did not work. I tried the troubleshooter for the Microsoft Store, did not work. I also tried a clean boot: nope. And while searching for a method to...
  8. Windows update pending, windows store cannot download apps.

Windows update pending, windows store cannot download apps.: Hey there, I'm having trouble with my new windows laptop, when I try to update windows store apps or just download netflix I get an error message ( 0x80D03805 ). Please can anyone help me troubleshoot this problem? I cant update my window it gives me a message and never...
  9. App Store Not Downloading Or Installing Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Store Not Downloading Or Installing Apps: First off, thank you microsoft for turning solitaire into a competition game, ... And because hearts is no longer part of what is installed in windows, I figured I'd hit up the Store app and fetch me one. Open the store. Search for "Hearts" Click on "Games" in the...
  10. Cannot Download Apps/Install Updates from the Store (0x87AF000B)

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Download Apps/Install Updates from the Store (0x87AF000B): Hello, I'm experiencing some issues with my machine running Windows 10 x64 build 15063 (Creator's Update/Version 1703). Initially, I was having (and still having) issues using calc.exe (calculator), as Windows doesn't recognize the app "existing" (I get a choose default...