Windows 10: Cannot get XBOX Gamepass App to open/uninstall

Discus and support Cannot get XBOX Gamepass App to open/uninstall in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; About two weeks ago my XBOX app stopped working. It used to be called the XBOX Gamepass Beta but it seems to have recently been updated and is now... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by StephenYYC, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Cannot get XBOX Gamepass App to open/uninstall

About two weeks ago my XBOX app stopped working. It used to be called the XBOX Gamepass Beta but it seems to have recently been updated and is now Called "XBox" and is part of Windows now.
    Clicking to start presents me with the Green XBox loading screen but then it dissapears/nothing happens.
    I've tried to go to Apps & Features to uninstall but get:

"We couldn't uninstall Xbox. The operation did not complete unsuccessfully. Try again in a bit. The error code is 0x80073cfa, in case you need it."

I've searched and tried numerous suggestions online but nothing solves the issue.
    This is for Xbox, Version 2010.1001.9.0. Terminate/Reset/Repair has no effect. I've tried Windows Store Apps Cleaner but to remove but get "Failed to remove 'Microsoft.GamingApp'. This package is part of Windows core applications and cannot be uninstalled."

:)

StephenYYC, Nov 9, 2020

2. Want to UNINSTALL XBox

Hi Kristi,

Xbox App is one of the built-in applications on Windows 10. To uninstall it from your computer, you have to perform the following steps using the Windows PowerShell:

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.  
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  
    •  Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Hit Enter.  

If you are unable to uninstall the app, reset Windows Store to clear the store cache and try to uninstall the Xbox app again.

Here's how to reset Windows Store:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Nov 9, 2020
  3. Xbox Gamepass Ultimate Perks

I am a part of a Microsoft family which gives me access to Xbox gamepass ultimate. One of the Xbox gamepass ultimate perks is an ancestral ship set for sea of thieves but someone else in my family already claimed it. Is there any way I can have access
    to it as well or do I need to buy gamepass for myself?

EmeryBrown, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Cannot get XBOX Gamepass App to open/uninstall

Want to UNINSTALL XBox

I done the uninstall procedure per your instruction, but it did not work. The uninstall button for both X-Box apps,are greyed out.They show advanced,but when you click it,it shows a reset button this does not uninstall.Please Help?

Robert Bilderback, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

Cannot get XBOX Gamepass App to open/uninstall

1. Cannot get XBOX Gamepass App to open/uninstall - Similar Threads - Cannot XBOX Gamepass

2. Xbox Gamepass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Gamepass: This application keeps starting every time I reboot Windows. Can it please stop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-gamepass/d415c962-b405-4885-a578-ddca2a005ccc
  3. Xbox Gamepass

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Gamepass: This application keeps starting every time I reboot Windows. Can it please stop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-gamepass/d415c962-b405-4885-a578-ddca2a005ccc
  4. Xbox Gamepass App completly breaking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Gamepass App completly breaking: I am so anoyed, the Gamepass App doesn´t load any pannels and i can only play games i have installed and you can´t close the app with x How does it happen? If you klick on any Game to look at screenshots etc. The App corupts and stops working. Than i can´t do anything in the...
  5. Xbox Gamepass App completly breaking

Xbox Gamepass App completly breaking: I am so anoyed, the Gamepass App doesn´t load any pannels and i can only play games i have installed and you can´t close the app with x How does it happen? If you klick on any Game to look at screenshots etc. The App corupts and stops working. Than i can´t do anything in the...
  6. Xbox Gamepass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Gamepass: So the country I live in, to get an Xbox gamepass I have to spend around 25$ on game pass gift cards From local stores for the basic 10$ subscription. So is there any form of Microsoft store gift card that I can redeem to purchase gamepass from the store itself? like how in...
  7. Xbox Gamepass

Xbox Gamepass: So the country I live in, to get an Xbox gamepass I have to spend around 25$ on game pass gift cards From local stores for the basic 10$ subscription. So is there any form of Microsoft store gift card that I can redeem to purchase gamepass from the store itself? like how in...
  8. Cannot download or install apps Windows 10 xbox gamepass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download or install apps Windows 10 xbox gamepass: i recently installed a new SSD and moved my games over to it so it wasnt eating up my OS drive. i deleted all games and moved the folders over. Originally i had the main drive partitioned. once everything was moved over i deleted the partition and expanded my main drive....
  9. Cannot download or install apps Windows 10 xbox gamepass

Cannot download or install apps Windows 10 xbox gamepass: i recently installed a new SSD and moved my games over to it so it wasnt eating up my OS drive. i deleted all games and moved the folders over. Originally i had the main drive partitioned. once everything was moved over i deleted the partition and expanded my main drive....
  10. Xbox Gamepass games not uninstalling from PC ?

Xbox Gamepass games not uninstalling from PC ?: Hello, I recently encountered a problem where while downloading/installing a game via PC Gamepass app, my PC froze and had to restart, game was at 25 GB from 96, since then when I acces microsoft store or gamepass app the game appears not installed and I have only the...