Windows 10: Cannot get XP Pro to access Wifi on virtual machine

Discus and support Cannot get XP Pro to access Wifi on virtual machine in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I have turned Hyper-V feature on and off (twice) and reinstalled Hyper-V and XP, but cannot get the virtual switch to access a Wifi connection. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Tipiford, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Tipiford Win User

Cannot get XP Pro to access Wifi on virtual machine

I have turned Hyper-V feature on and off (twice) and reinstalled Hyper-V and XP, but cannot get the virtual switch to access a Wifi connection. I have followed Kari's tutorial applying to the legacy switch, but no connection. Does Hyper-V not work on a laptop?

Version 1909 Build 18363.959

:)

Tipiford, Jul 18, 2020

2. Is it possible to get a Windows XP SP3 Hyper-V virtual machine properly working on Windows 10 Pro?

Objective summary: to have a Windows XP SP3 Hyper-V virtual machine working correctly on a Windows 10 Pro host.

Scope and constraints:

• The host OS should be Windows 10 Pro. Other hosting operating systems or versions are out of this scope.
    • The virtualization hypervisor should be Microsoft Hyper-V. Other hypervisors like VMWare or Virtual Box are out of this scope.
    • The Windows XP virtual machine is expected to be working correctly. A Windows XP with missing drivers is not acceptable.

This question is not a duplicate in the Super User community.

I started with the recommendations enumerated on the "Get official Windows XP virtual machine for Hyper-V" question. I was able to get a new Windows XP SP3 virtual machine installation. However, there was a problem with this installation, as it could not finish successfully. Several critical drivers were missing, and this makes the virtual machine unusable.

Then, I found the missing software drivers problem in the form of the "No VGA and sound driver installed in XP guest machine in Hyper-v virtualization" question. Unfortunately, this question remains unsolved. The responses provided so far by the community are either incomplete, inconclusive or out of scope.

The more research I conduct on this topic, the closer I get to the conclusion that this is not going to be achievable. I would like feedback from the community to confirm or deny this thesis.

Thank you.

Lesair Valmont, Jul 18, 2020
  3. David2605 Win User
    Windows 10 Pro Virtual machine

Can a legacy operating system such as Windows XP SP3 installed in a Windows 10 Pro Virtual Machine , see all the drives on the host PC, not just c: ? I plan to install Windows XP and run Photoshop 7, an Epson printer and scanner which are not compatible
    with Windows 10, and need to be able to access the other drives where the images are located and also the DVD

David2605, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Cannot get XP Pro to access Wifi on virtual machine

virtual machine

I want to play a old game and can do it with xp my motherboard wont let me install that windows version, I setup virtual machine to have xp but cannot get audio in xp. from what I understand is I need enhanced session applied but it is greyed out and cannot
    find a way to get it working, I have installed xp with service pack 3 anybody help me

brianduggan, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Cannot get XP Pro to access Wifi on virtual machine

1. Cannot get XP Pro to access Wifi on virtual machine - Similar Threads - Cannot Pro access

2. Cannot create virtual machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot create virtual machine: In multiple attempts I have not been able to create a virtual machine in Windows 10 that can enable mouse capture. Both Hyper-V and VirtualBox will create an Ubuntu server, but mouse capture cannot be enabled. I've tried two Windows 10 systems, each running 22H2, 19045.3803....
  3. Cannot create virtual machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot create virtual machine: In multiple attempts I have not been able to create a virtual machine in Windows 10 that can enable mouse capture. Both Hyper-V and VirtualBox will create an Ubuntu server, but mouse capture cannot be enabled. I've tried two Windows 10 systems, each running 22H2, 19045.3803....
  4. Cannot create virtual machine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Drivers for a XP virtual machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers for a XP virtual machine: I created a Windows XP virtual machine using the Hyper-V Manager on my Windows 11 Pro, activated it and installed the basic software codecs and some other utilities.However, I don't have any sound, can't connect to the internet I already set up a legacy adapter and can't...
  6. Drivers for a XP virtual machine

Drivers for a XP virtual machine: I created a Windows XP virtual machine using the Hyper-V Manager on my Windows 11 Pro, activated it and installed the basic software codecs and some other utilities.However, I don't have any sound, can't connect to the internet I already set up a legacy adapter and can't...
  7. Cannot access my virtual machine in my multipass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access my virtual machine in my multipass: I'm writing multipass with Oracle VM virtualbox and according to it it does not have an IP address I do not know how to connect itWhatever I try to create a new virtual machine I keep on getting the same...
  8. Cannot access my virtual machine in my multipass

Cannot access my virtual machine in my multipass: I'm writing multipass with Oracle VM virtualbox and according to it it does not have an IP address I do not know how to connect itWhatever I try to create a new virtual machine I keep on getting the same...
  9. Win 7 virtual machine with XP Mode on Win 10 or an XP virtual machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Win 7 virtual machine with XP Mode on Win 10 or an XP virtual machine: I'm up to 3 attempts at installing an XP machine on Hyper V (Windows 10 Pro), and though I can get the machine to run, I cannot find the browser I installed. Using the Hyper V tutorial, I followed carefully the points of unblocking both WindowsXPMode_en-us.exe and Opera's...
  10. Windows XP Virtual machine on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows XP Virtual machine on Windows 10: Hi all- I'm looking for some suggestions on how to install Windows XP virtual PC on to my new Windows 10 Enterprise Edition. Really need XP to run some very old Windows 32-bit apps. Can I do it on windows 10? what are the other possibilities? Thanks for you time....