Windows 10: Cannot give permission for Chrome in Microsoft Family

Discus and support Cannot give permission for Chrome in Microsoft Family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Suddenly my son is unable to use Chrome its been fine for years and he is now prompted to ask for permission from me via email New app request from... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by PaulC6_317, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Cannot give permission for Chrome in Microsoft Family

Suddenly my son is unable to use Chrome its been fine for years and he is now prompted to ask for permission from me via email New app request from ***.

I grant permission by clicking on the link and it shows briefly in the family screen as given, but it still does not give him permission. Chrome is vital to access Google Classroom and do his school work at this time.

I have reinstalled chrome it works fine if I log in as me on his laptop, removed all items from the block list, age-restricted list so there should be nothing else left to stop him accessing Chrome.

I've tried emptying the family directory, removing him from the family and rejoining and also adding my wife and letting her give permission, none of this makes any difference. Where do I go next?

:)

PaulC6_317, Jan 20, 2021

2. Microsoft Family Blocking Chrome but I have given Permission

Hi Willsyjp,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the complete message that you are getting for the permission?
    2. Are you able to successfully remove Content Restriction from the blocked list?
    3. What is the message that your son is getting when trying to access Google Chrome?

Meanwhile, try the below troubleshooting methods and check if this helps.

Before trying the below methods, try allowing Google App by logging into your
    Microsoft Account > Under your child's account > Allow Google App and check if your child is able to access Google Chrome.

Method 1:
    Family Safety Troubleshooter.

Download and run the Family
    Safety Troubleshooter
    and check if this troubleshooter finds any error.

Method 2:
    Turning Off Block Inappropriate Apps, Games & Media Option.

Follow the section Online from
    Block inappropriate apps, games, and media on Windows 10 and Xbox One
    and turn Off the option Block inappropriate apps, games & media.

Once you turn off this option, ask your child to access Google Chrome. If he is able to access Google Chrome, turn On the above option and tell him to access Google Chrome, then you can approve his request and check if he is
    able to access Google Chrome after the approval.

Method 3:
    Removing And Adding Your Child.

If the above methods didn't work, then I suggest you to
    Remove Your Child From The Family Group and then
    Add Your Child To The Family Group again and this will refresh
    the permissions for your child.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 20, 2021
  3. willsyjp Win User
    Microsoft Family Blocking Chrome but I have given Permission

Thanks for getting back to me

The exact error is

Ask for permission

You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use:

Google Chrome (Ask by email)

Still not having any luck with suggestions given

Thanks

willsyjp, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Cannot give permission for Chrome in Microsoft Family

Ask for Permission - Google Chrome

Hi Julian,

The issue regarding the permission when you're trying to use the different browser is because of the settings on
    Family and Safety. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is already removed to the
    Family list. To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Cannot give permission for Chrome in Microsoft Family

1. Cannot give permission for Chrome in Microsoft Family - Similar Threads - Cannot permission Chrome

2. Microsoft Family Website Permissions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Website Permissions: After "Allowing" access to website, child is still unable to access and is repeatedly notified that they must request permission to visit the site. Despite repeated attempts, access is not provided despite being "Allowed". How can I provide my child access to the following...
  3. Microsoft Family Permissions

Microsoft Family Permissions: My Microsoft Family permissions seem to have become corrupted on one device. I am set up as the Adult and Administrator, but whenever I try to access certain apps such as Photos or Store I get asked to email an Adult and when I do that I get the error below. How can I reset...
  4. Microsoft Family Permissions

Microsoft Family Permissions: My 'Microsoft Family' has 2 adults including myself and several child accounts. For reasons I have never undertood, requests for "additional screen time" only come to me, and not to my wife. Even if she uses the "my parent is here" option, she cannot grant him more time....
  5. Microsoft Family Features: asking for permission to use Firefox and Chrome.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Family Features: asking for permission to use Firefox and Chrome.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/drearyplane8 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f4q42i/microsoft_family_features_asking_for_permission/
  6. Microsoft Family Blocking Chrome but I have given Permission

Microsoft Family Blocking Chrome but I have given Permission: Both of my young sons have a Window's 10 machine. I have just fixed the MS-WPC error message, however it needed me to give them both permission to use Chrome. For one of their account no problems, they requested through email and I granted permission. The other one did the...
  7. Family cant give permission for app

Family cant give permission for app: I'm using Microsoft family and have two computers and two child account on each. I'm trying to install an app that is already working on the first computer (ROBLOX) on both accounts on the second computer. The first account worked fine now issues but the second account...
  8. Microsoft Family & permission

Microsoft Family & permission: Hello, I have an Office 365 Family subscription which I share with my kids & partner and I struggle to set up permissions to limit who can see what. In details: 1/ Partner is not children's mother, so should not see the activity reports. Yet, the emails are send to both...
  9. family features are asking permission to use Chrome

family features are asking permission to use Chrome: hi I recently bought a surface pro 6 i like it but crome is not working it gives this message that goes like this: You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: (Blank) Ask by Email so I click the ask by email to see what it does and I get Something...
  10. Microsoft Family Child Permissions

Microsoft Family Child Permissions: I want to block Google Hangouts which has an address of hangouts.google.com But my child needs access to Google Docs which has an address of google.com/drive My question is can I block certain sites in google.com but allow others? Thanks! Larry...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsft gamily asking for permisson to use chroke