Windows 10: Cannot hide file extensions - Bitdefender

Discus and support Cannot hide file extensions - Bitdefender in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed Bitdefender Total Security 2019 yesterday and just realized today that the file extensions are showing. When I try to hide the extensions,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hotsuma, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Hotsuma Win User

Cannot hide file extensions - Bitdefender

I installed Bitdefender Total Security 2019 yesterday and just realized today that the file extensions are showing. When I try to hide the extensions, it doesn't work. I realize that Bitdefender is the culprit but is there any way to get around this without uninstalling it?

:)

Hotsuma, Apr 23, 2019
  2. Hotsuma Win User

I installed Bitdefender Total Security 2019 yesterday and just realized today that the file extensions are showing. When I try to hide the extensions, it doesn't work. I realize that Bitdefender is the culprit but is there any way to get around this without uninstalling it?

Hotsuma, Jun 28, 2019
  3. spunk Win User
    spunk, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Hotsuma Win User

Hmm... I see. Thanks for letting me know.

- - - Updated - - -

We figured it out! I contacted Bitdefender customer support and we communicated by email. He sent me a tool that cleans the system of any remnants of Avast. After running the tool in Safe Mode and rebooting, I found that the issue was resolved. When I chose to hide the extensions and hit Apply, they hide themselves like they're supposed to. I'm relieved to have finally found a solution to this problem because I was considering switching to another antivirus though I did not want to.

Hotsuma, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot hide file extensions - Bitdefender - Similar Threads - Cannot hide file

2. Can't hide file extensions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't hide file extensions: All of a sudden, the extensions on my files such as .docx and .pdf have started showing, and I'm unable to hide them. Unchecking "Show File Extensions" in File Explorer doesn't work, because it doesn't remain unchecked. Anyone know what's wrong and how I can fix this?...
  3. Can't hide file extensions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't hide file extensions: All of a sudden, the extensions on my files such as .docx and .pdf have started showing, and I'm unable to hide them. Unchecking "Show File Extensions" in File Explorer doesn't work, because it doesn't remain unchecked. Anyone know what's wrong and how I can fix this?...
  4. Hide files that have the same file name but lower extension names?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide files that have the same file name but lower extension names?: Hello, I'm trying to figure out a way to easily upload CAD parts, but I'm running into an issue.The files are Creo Parametric files, and the way that Creo saves files is that it adds an extension starting at .1 and iterating by 1 each time it is saved, which is great because...
  5. Hide files that have the same file name but lower extension names?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hide files that have the same file name but lower extension names?: Hello, I'm trying to figure out a way to easily upload CAD parts, but I'm running into an issue.The files are Creo Parametric files, and the way that Creo saves files is that it adds an extension starting at .1 and iterating by 1 each time it is saved, which is great because...
  6. File extensions, unable to hide

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File extensions, unable to hide: Hello. I’m trying to hide file extensions in Word, Excel, etc. When I do the following nothing changes. I’ve tried this several times and also restarted my PC, and also tried Reset Folders, but nothing changes. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks. View>Options>Change folder...
  7. Hiding Edge Extension

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hiding Edge Extension: Is there a way to hide an chrome extension (in Microsoft Edge) and view it? I am able to remove it from the bar, but not seem to find where it went. Any idea how to hide it but still find it? submitted by /u/epickaito27 [link] [comments]...
  8. Chrome 76 hides extensions

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome 76 hides extensions: When I had Chorme 75 (64-bit) I could see all the extensions icons I set to see after the address field. ▼ [img] I updated to 76.0.3809.87 (64-bit) a few days ago and since then I can't see them. Now the only thing I see there is the Extensions button. ▼ [img] When I...
  9. Hide extensions for known file types unchecked

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide extensions for known file types unchecked: Hide extensions for known file types unchecked. I still can't see .exe extension all the others are ok. This just now happened; the .exe extensions where showing before... I must have changed something by mistake. Can anybody help me I get them back? Don Cole...
  10. Hide or Show File Name Extensions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show File Name Extensions in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show File Name Extensions in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show File Name Extensions in Windows 10 A file name extension is a set of characters added to the end of a file name that determine which app should open it. By default, File Explorer hides file name...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 won show hidden files bitdefender

2. bitdefender hide file extenstions