Windows 10: Cannot import new photos into Windows 10 Photos app from my camera

Discus and support Cannot import new photos into Windows 10 Photos app from my camera in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My problem is that I cannot import NEW photos into Windows 10 app from my Sony camera. The app was working normally about 10 days ago. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Roger Fuller, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Cannot import new photos into Windows 10 Photos app from my camera

My problem is that I cannot import NEW photos into Windows 10 app from my Sony camera. The app was working normally about 10 days ago.

When I connect my camera, the app opens normally and starts to search for my photos. The numbers of photos found are counting and currently go up to 4546 photos (including all the previously imported photos). The app then seems to freeze (the animation stops) and nothing happens - it does not start giving the thumbnails. I cannot get beyond this stage.

I have tried to Repair using the app - repair is performed and it ticks. I then test import and the same as above with the app freezing at 4546 photos.

I then try to Reset using the app - reset is performed but nothing changes.

The basic problem is that the app is freezing after collecting all the photos available on my camera SD card.

Any ideas how to proceed?

Thanks.

Roger.

:)

Roger Fuller, Sep 26, 2019

2. Photos app not importing my photos from my camera

Hello Wendy,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What happens when you try to import pictures from camera? Do you get any error message?
    • Does your camera gets detected by Windows when you connect it?

Let's try the steps below to import photos from camera to your PC.

• Connect a camera your PC.

• Open the Photos app.
    • Swipe up from the bottom edge.

(If you're using a mouse, right-click within the app.)

• Tap or click Import.

If you have problems or want to import from a DVD, see
      Import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD

• Tap or click the device you want to import from.

• The app automatically searches for all photos and videos that it hasn’t imported before and selects them. You can also swipe down on or click each photo and video you want to import, or tap or click
      Select all.
    Also Uninstalling and reinstalling the camera driver may help us in getting this issue resolved.

Step 1: Uninstall the Drivers.

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the Camera driver in the list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
    from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Camera manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Hope it helps. Please let us know on the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Import the photos from the Camera to Windows 10

Can you try the following steps:

• Connect the camera to your PC.
    • Open the Photos app.
    • Swipe in from the bottom edge to see the app commands.

(If you're using a mouse, right-click within the app.)
    • Select Import.

Note

Import isn't available if you're looking at a single picture in full screen view.
    • Select the device you want to import from.
    • The app automatically searches for all photos and videos that it hasn’t imported before and selects them. You can also swipe down on or click each photo and video you want to import or select Select all.
    • Select Import.
    The photos and videos are saved in the Pictures folder in a sub folder named with the date (for example, 2016-12-10).

Based on your screenshot, the system did not detect you device as a camera. If the steps provided didn't work, contact your device manufacturer and ask them if they have any know compatibility issues. Some camera requires an application that will give the
    option to import/export pictures.

I'll be waiting for your response.

Carmine Sam, Sep 26, 2019
  4. robinpe Win User

Cannot import new photos into Windows 10 Photos app from my camera

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Cannot import new photos into Windows 10 Photos app from my camera

1. Cannot import new photos into Windows 10 Photos app from my camera - Similar Threads - Cannot import photos

2. Importing Photos from my camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing Photos from my camera: When I import pictures from my camera the app always used to group them by date taken, ie Jan 2021, now it no longer puts them in a folder and they are scattered all over the place making it really hard to find the ones I need. What happened and how do I change it back?...
  3. Problem importing photos from camera

Problem importing photos from camera: When I try to import photos from my camera using a USB cord, I get the error message "Something went wrong. Your files might not have been imported." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-importing-photos-from-camera/dd23b0fc-11d0-4b26-938f-4e2ef2c4f1a3
  4. Importing photos from camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Importing photos from camera: I have a Fuji JX420 digital camera, about 10 years old. All of a sudden, it won't let me import photos from camera to computer. I get a msg " 0 videos imported" but I'm not trying to import videos, just photos! I even tried shooting a video and importing it, and got the same...
  5. Importing Photos from camera to PC Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Importing Photos from camera to PC Windows 10: I have never had this problem before and I don't think I have changed any settings either on my camera or on my PC. I recently returned from a trip and tried to download photos from my Lumix ZS-50 camera to my PC (Windows 10), without success. I tried both the cord...
  6. cannot import photos with the windows photos app

cannot import photos with the windows photos app: hello, so the photos app earlier used to work fine. now it fails to import photos 1) the pc does not recognise my apple iphone instantly,(new one has this problem too, so i can confirm it is not just because of the iphone) but rather takes time to recognise it's folders....
  7. Importing photos from camera to the Windows photo program.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing photos from camera to the Windows photo program.: I have a Nikon S6800 camera. It downloads the photos okay. In the photo program when I do import a message comes up that something is wrong. I retry and it may download 1 photo and this message comes up again. So far in about 20 retry's it has downloaded 12 photos. I use...
  8. importing photos from a digital camera

importing photos from a digital camera: Microsoft and Windows 10 are ****. Importing photos used to be straightforward but updated Windows 10 has made this once simple operation so complicated that I've given up. This stupid updating that changes everything is not wanted or desired, so bloody well leave it alone....
  9. import photos from camera to the photos galery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    import photos from camera to the photos galery: I cannot upload photos from my finepix s camera to my pc. i keep getting the error to unlock my device. This is a new issue, i uploaded photos last week....
  10. import photos from camera

import photos from camera: I can't seem to figure out why the folder where the photos are is what opens up when I plug in a usb camera and not the photo app. I have autoplay enabled and photo as my default photo viewer. 16502

Users found this page by searching for:

1. All New Items to import photo Now does not work

2. cannot import from camera

3. I cannot import photos from my camera to edge