Windows 10: Cannot import pictures from OneDrive into Folders on photo app

Discus and support Cannot import pictures from OneDrive into Folders on photo app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I am fairly new to the Windows 10 photo application and I'm having some issues with organizing my pictures. 1st question: While in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NeggNoggin, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Cannot import pictures from OneDrive into Folders on photo app

Hi everyone!

I am fairly new to the Windows 10 photo application and I'm having some issues with organizing my pictures.

1st question:

While in the "folders" tab, if I try to create a new folder and import my OneDrive pictures it will show the folders saved to my computer, however the pictures saved within them do not show up at all and I can't import them.

I checked my computer OneDrive folder separately and the pictures are there but for whatever reason they don't show up if trying to import/view them through the Photo app.

Note - at the top of the app my OneDrive shows it's connected with the little cloud, however in folders there is an x through each of the clouds.

2nd question:

Is there a way to move around or delete the folders within folders?

Currently the setup looks like this:

OneDrive -> Pictures -> Camera Imports -> Camera Roll -> 2018/2019/2020

I'd love to be able to remove three of the subfolders so I can just click on pictures and arrive at the folders for different years, rather than clicking through useless subfolders.

Thank you in advance for any information or help! =

:)

NeggNoggin, Jan 3, 2021
  2. Carlo Win User

Updating folder path in Windows 10 Photo App

After several weeks work putting together a holiday video using the Windows 10 Photo App when I now open the app it can no longer find any of my photos. Every file in the Storyboard shows the sad emoticon and a message stating "We can't find this file".

I have tried all of the obvious steps of updating Settings -> Sources to include the folder containing all the source material (E:\Photos)

Being understandably reluctant to give up completely on my work I discovered that the file format is SQLite and so managed to open the database using DB Browser for SQLite. The table Folder reveals the list below. I have tried various SQL scripts to try to correct the references to point to E:\Photos, all of which have failed.

When first opening the database to view the folders I also receive a message stating I have missing collating sequences. I've been told this is because the database is using collating sequences that are missing in DB Browser.

Can anyone please suggest how to correct the references in the database so that Windows 10 Photo App is able to find my photos?

Carlo, Jan 3, 2021
  3. Ruz San Win User
    importing photos

Thank you for clearing that out. It looks like you are importing the files using the Photos app. When you import photos using this app, the files get imported into your Pictures library. To view these files, refer to these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • On the list of folders on the left side of the window, click on Pictures. You shall see the photos imported from the SD card using the Photos app.

Another option you have is to import the files solely using File Explorer. Here's how you can do it:

• Connect the SD card into the computer.
    • Launch File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Locate your SD card under Devices and drives.
    • Double-click on the SD card.
    • Manually choose which photos to move into your local folders. Right-click on each photo and choose
      Copy (Ctrl + C) then go to the destination folder then right-click on an empty space in the window and select
      Paste (Ctrl + V).
    • If you are importing all the photos, you can press Ctrl + A on the keyboard to select all of the files. Copy then Paste them into the destination folder.
    • If you are importing selective photos, hold the Ctrl key while clicking on the photos you want to copy. This will let you choose a number of photos instead of selecting all of them like what Step 7 suggests.

Once you're able to get the hang of the tricks, importing photos will not be a challenge anymore.

Tell us which method works best for you.

We're here if you need more help.

Ruz San, Jan 3, 2021
  4. Cannot import pictures from OneDrive into Folders on photo app

Windows 10 photos found in Photos app, but not in Pictures or OneDrive folder. Where are they located?

Hey, so I just imported a bunch of pictures onto my computer through the Windows 10 Photos app and when I go into the Pictures folder, all of those new photos are located there. So there's no problem with the newly imported photos.

Where the issue is, is with a bunch of photos that are on the Photos app, but they appear nowhere on my actual harddrive or on OneDrive. I'm able to "save image as" with these, which saves them to my harddrive and places them in a subfolder in Pictures.
    Otherwise, where are all of these photos stored (if not in Pictures or OneDrive)?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

DominicBandoni, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

Cannot import pictures from OneDrive into Folders on photo app

1. Cannot import pictures from OneDrive into Folders on photo app - Similar Threads - Cannot import pictures

2. I cannot delete a few pictures from OneDrive in the Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot delete a few pictures from OneDrive in the Photos app: In the Photos app, there are 4 pictures and a video that I cannot delete or view. When I try to view them it says "Sorry, Photos can't open this file because the format is currently unsupported, or the file is corrupted," and when I try to delete them it says "We couldn't...
  3. Photo app - import pictures to laptop

Photo app - import pictures to laptop: Photo app - The folders from importing the JPEG files have changed from grouping photos in date order on my older Windows 10 laptop with folder name in numeric date i.e 2020-01-18 to no grouping at all on my new Windows 10 laptop. I have checked settings on Photo app in both...
  4. Photos App Import Settings Cannot import into individual folders by date anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos App Import Settings Cannot import into individual folders by date anymore: Hello! I usually use the Photos app to import photos from my camera's SD card and I like how it used to be able to allow me to import into individual folders by date automatically, but now there is no option to do so. There used to be the option to select how you would...
  5. Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder

Photos not importing pictures from Pictures Folder: Just Reset Photos because it is not importing pictures from my Pictures Folder but is happily importing them from other folders. Option is to share but how to I get it to import them. It was working a few days ago...
  6. Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder

Moving pictures from pictures folder to photo app folder: How do move a picture that is in a Folder in Pictures in my File Explorer to a folder in my Photos App. I can't drag it or copy and paste it, so is there some way to do this?...
  7. Uploading imported photos from photos app Windows 10 to OneDrive

Uploading imported photos from photos app Windows 10 to OneDrive: I uploaded photos directly into my photos app in Windows 10 from my camera. Although these are available in my photos app they do not appear in my OneDrive even though automatic syncing is on. Without having to go through and find the uploaded pictures amongst others about...
  8. Unable to import pictures using Photo App from iPhone

Unable to import pictures using Photo App from iPhone: I cannot import pictures because when I click on Import, it informs that "something went wrong" . Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-import-pictures-using-photo-app-from/827bfa21-ce3f-40a7-8066-b424b7ade852"
  9. cannot import photos with the windows photos app

cannot import photos with the windows photos app: hello, so the photos app earlier used to work fine. now it fails to import photos 1) the pc does not recognise my apple iphone instantly,(new one has this problem too, so i can confirm it is not just because of the iphone) but rather takes time to recognise it's folders....
  10. Importing pictures via Micro. Photo app

Importing pictures via Micro. Photo app: I was wondering if any one else has had trouble trying to import pictures from their iPhone to PC. I have been trying to transfer pictures from my iPhone 7 to my PC (Win.10) via the Photos app but it has not been working. It will find my phone and photos the first I plug it...