Windows 10: Cannot import registry key into regedit

Discus and support Cannot import registry key into regedit in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When i try to import .reg file into regedit it says that file is not .reg file,any solutions?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JovanVanovac, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Cannot import registry key into regedit

When i try to import .reg file into regedit it says that file is not .reg file,any solutions?

:)

JovanVanovac, Apr 10, 2021

2. Bypass UAC prompt when importing Registry keys

Hi All,

I am trying to import a number of registry keys silently to HKCU hive using the following command line:

Regedit .exe /s "<path to the registry_key\regkey.reg"

I am getting the following UAC prompt which I am trying to by-pass:

any suggestions to import the registry keys silently?

khanShehzad, Apr 10, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Any way to edit the registry without loading Windows?

You will need to find a way to grant yourself permissions for full control of that hive/key.
    Just as the "Trusted Installer" has.
    You may have to log on as admin to do this.

Grant Read Write (Full Control) Permissions on Registry Keys (Fix Cannot Import and Access Denied Error in RegEdit)
    How to change Registry Permissions with RegIni.exe (VBScript)

And, a search to start you on your quest.

I did it a long time ago, to get rid of & edit some hives, keys, etc.
    Goodluck.*Smile Cannot import registry key into regedit :)

95Viper, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Giclopa Win User

Cannot import registry key into regedit

Import or merge registry key not working

Hi, here is my problem.

I exported a key (ieshims) to document folder. I made corrections using Notepad++ to some paths and saved it. I imported the key back and everything went fine.

The problem is that when I go back to look at my corrections in the registry, nothing is updated. The old key is shown.

The reason I exported/imported the key is that regedit doesn't allow me to make correction of a path on the left side of the key i.e. paths.

Would anyone tell me what could be my problem?

Giclopa, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Cannot import registry key into regedit

1. Cannot import registry key into regedit - Similar Threads - Cannot import registry

2. Is the registry (regedit) "live?"

in Windows 10 Support
    Is the registry (regedit) "live?": Say I have regedit open and I make some changes on my system that affect the registry. Does regedit know about those changes, or do I have to stop and restart regedit? 167611
  3. problem exporting/importing registry keys

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problem exporting/importing registry keys: I am using Repetier-Host for 3D printing. Configs are stored in the registry. Some configs are lines of code that contain CR, LF characters. These entries are made by the program. [ATTACH] If I look at the entry using Modify, copy the entry, save it to a txt file and look...
  4. Accidently deleted a registry key in Regedit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidently deleted a registry key in Regedit: I accidently deleted a registry key value located in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection. I was attempting to delete one that I had previously created earlier this evening for another attempted fix (AllowTelemetry). The deleted item...
  5. "regedit" not showing all keys, Hidden Registry entries

"regedit" not showing all keys, Hidden Registry entries: I just try software and Windows get broken and startup fail. By the software FAQ guide, they say to copy SYSTEM registry hive to another PC and load it, then do 8 steps to remove their driver and service. On problematic machine this key wasn't visible, but on other same...
  6. Registry settings in Regedit

Registry settings in Regedit: I am unable to get copyprofile to work on the Creator's version of Windows 10. I have been using registry settings to get it the way I want it. This is probably a silly request but I want to find it. Typically in my custom default profile, I open regedit to a full window...
  7. Export and Import Registry Keys in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export and Import Registry Keys in Windows: How to: Export and Import Registry Keys in Windows How to Export and Import Registry Keys in Windows System configuration information is stored centrally in a hierarchical database called the registry. You can use Registry Editor to add and edit registry keys and...
  8. Cannot import error accessing the registry

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot import error accessing the registry: Yes i'll do backup asap and Big thanks for your help *Smile You're welcome! *Smile
  9. Import or merge registry key not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Import or merge registry key not working: Hi, here is my problem. I exported a key (ieshims) to document folder. I made corrections using Notepad++ to some paths and saved it. I imported the key back and everything went fine. The problem is that when I go back to look at my corrections in the registry,...
  10. cannot delete key in regedit

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot delete key in regedit: tried to delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\360TotalSecurity Thought I had removed 360 Total Security from pc running Win 10. But it still appears in Task Manager as a Background process. Keep receiving message error while deleting key. My account set up as Administrator....