Windows 10: cannot instal any printers

Discus and support cannot instal any printers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have tried three different printers. All appear as "unspecified" below the line of "printers" and wont work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PeterHolloway3, Dec 23, 2019.

1. cannot instal any printers

Have tried three different printers. All appear as "unspecified" below the line of "printers" and wont work

:)

PeterHolloway3, Dec 23, 2019

2. Unable to install printer in Win10 due to spooler stopping

Let us resolve your issue in installing your printer. We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Uninstall all your printer software and drivers.
    • Disconnect your printer cables; then, restart your computer.
    • Download and install your printer software and drivers from the manufacturer website.
    • One you're done, connect your printer; then, check if the issue still persists.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Michael Gall, Dec 23, 2019
  3. LemP Win User
    Printer installation

Although the HP support forum is a good place to ask this question, I have some doubt whether you'll actually get a useful answer. As far as I can see, the main suggestion there is to completely uninstall and reinstall the HP printer software. That may
    or may not work. I didn't notice any positive responses to such suggestions.

If you're willing to take a few more diagnostic steps, perhaps I can suggest something.

How do you want to connect the printer to your computer: USB or wi-fi?

At this point, is anything related to this printer installed? For example:

• Click Start, type Programs and Features into the Search box, and press Enter. If there are any HP-related programs listed here, what are they?
    • Open Devices and Printers. If there are any HP devices shown here, please list them.
    • Still in Devices and Printers, select (click once) any item in the "Printers and Faxes" section. Now click the link at the top for "Print Server Properties." Select the "Drivers" tab. If there are any HP-related items shown here, please list them.
    • Select the "Ports" tab and scroll down past the LPT and COM ports until you get to FILE: . Please list any ports that appear after FILE:
    • Make sure that your OfficeJet 6962 is powered on. Click Start, type Fax and Scan in the Search box, and Press Enter. Click the "Scan" button at the lower left. Click "Tools" in the menu bar and then click either "Scan routing" or "Scan settings." Was
      the scanner selected or not?

4. cannot instal any printers

Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

cannot instal any printers

1. cannot instal any printers - Similar Threads - cannot instal printers

2. Win 11 update-- cannot connect to any printers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 update-- cannot connect to any printers: I updated Windows 11 PC today to January 11, 2022 KB5009566 update. Now PC cannot connect with any printer. I removed printers, restarted Spooler, power cycled both printers. PC cannot see either of them when I try to ADD PRINTER. PC CAN see my neighbor's printer with DIRECT...
  3. Win 11 update-- cannot connect to any printers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 update-- cannot connect to any printers: I updated Windows 11 PC today to January 11, 2022 KB5009566 update. Now PC cannot connect with any printer. I removed printers, restarted Spooler, power cycled both printers. PC cannot see either of them when I try to ADD PRINTER. PC CAN see my neighbor's printer with DIRECT...
  4. The Printer Driver package cannot be installed

in Windows 10 News
    The Printer Driver package cannot be installed: [ATTACH]You may have encountered several errors while using Windows. Some of them can be fixed quickly, while some of them may need tweaking some things in your system a bit. One of the common Windows errors is ‘The Printer Driver package cannot be installed‘. There may be...
  5. Cannot install Canon printer drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot install Canon printer drivers: The scan function on my Canon Maxify 2120 stopped working on my wireless Dell laptop. I thought it was a driver problem but I was not able to install the Canon printer drivers because my printer "could not be found" even though it shows up as a printer in Windows 10 on my...
  6. Cannot Install Printer Software

Cannot Install Printer Software: Cannot Install HP CP1515n Printer Software on my Win 10 64bit ! When i try to install the software wont recognize printer via USB ! I can print documents ! HP printer appear in the Printers&Scanners as DEFAULT !...
  7. I cannot install drivers for the printer

I cannot install drivers for the printer: I cannot install the drivers for my printer Brother MFC7860DW. I’ve downloaded these drivers and started the installation programme. However, during the installation I receive a message asking me if I want to connect the computer to the printer wirelessly or directly. I set...
  8. Installed printer is not available in any applications

Installed printer is not available in any applications: Hello, I'm currently running Windows 10 and have a Brother MFC-J5330DW printer installed. If i got to my control panel -> Devices and Printers, this printer is displayed as being installed. However, when i attempt to print from any applications (Word, Excel, Chrome), it...
  9. Windows 10 - Cannot Install Printer

Windows 10 - Cannot Install Printer: I am trying to install the HP Officejet 6970 on my PC but when I go through the process this message comes up: INSTALLATION ERROR CALL TO DRIVERPACKAGEINSTALL RETURNED ERROR 1723 FOR PACKAGE 'C:/PROGRAMFILES/HP/HPOFFICEJETPRO 6970/DRIVERSTORE/YETIV4/HPYGID20_V4.INF'...
  10. Cannot locate any LAN printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot locate any LAN printer: I've installed W10, a couple of days back, and things don't go as smoothly as I had hoped. I have a couple of issues and lets start with using printers via the local network. I have a Windows 10 computer, let's call it PC1, and there's a Windows 7 computer next to mine,...