Windows 10: Cannot install a 3rd party application on Windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Cannot install a 3rd party application on Windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We just purchased a qnap nas server and we have been having issues with credentials on our laptops when interfacing windows explorer's mapped network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SCPC_NC, Jun 4, 2021.

1. SCPC_NC Win User

Cannot install a 3rd party application on Windows 10 laptop

We just purchased a qnap nas server and we have been having issues with credentials on our laptops when interfacing windows explorer's mapped network drives with our nas. On one specific laptop we are unable to even install qfinder pro and we continually get the error "cannot find file\c\users\username\downloads\..."

:)

SCPC_NC, Jun 4, 2021
  2. ngoyal Win User

Unable to install any 3rd party applications

I have a nokia e61. I have been trying to install 3rd party apps like newsgator, truphone, google maps etc on my phone. It dowloads the applications and immediately thereafter gives me a message 'Unable to install'. Any suggestions anyone.

ngoyal, Jun 4, 2021
  3. csfoster2 Win User
    Installing 3rd Party applications

My device seems to be application locked. How can I change the security policy to allow me to install 3rd party/ unsigned applications? I purchased a device that shipped with skype mobile, although skype mobile will not complete the installation. I've
    looked at the registry, and I can clearly see 4 registry keys that would prevent unsigned applications from installing, but I am unable to apply any changes that I attempt to make to the registry.

I've tried to install programs that would allow me to edit these settings directly from the unit but of course, they are 3rd party applications. Does Microsoft have a signed utiltity that would allow me to change the registry? I've seen that people have
    put together *.cab files that will change these settings automatically but just as before, the system will not complete running the file since it is unsigned.

Please help?

Thanks,

Chris Foster

csfoster2, Jun 4, 2021
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Windows Mail and 3rd party messages

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• May I know what exactly do you mean when you say "download messages from 3rd party into Windows Mail"?
    • Are you referring to Mail app on Windows 10? If so, are you able to receive any send email via Mail app?

If you are facing issues with Mail app, I suggest
    run the in-built Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

Yaqub K, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Cannot install a 3rd party application on Windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Cannot install 3rd

2. Issue with location on 3rd party application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with location on 3rd party application: I am having issues with location on 2 3rd party application that deal with online poker and also online sports betting. Both cant locate me and I am not able to get on the to do things. One is a download on my desktop and the other is using google chrome. I can access from...
  3. Issue with location on 3rd party application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with location on 3rd party application: I am having issues with location on 2 3rd party application that deal with online poker and also online sports betting. Both cant locate me and I am not able to get on the to do things. One is a download on my desktop and the other is using google chrome. I can access from...
  4. Can not install 3rd party program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not install 3rd party program: Running Windows 11 Single home user. Can not install any 3rd party program. Can simply not verify the installation start. There is no option available to put in the information. Can not see the ability to allow 3rd party programs at all. I simply can not change anything that...
  5. 3rd party applications not detecting microphone.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3rd party applications not detecting microphone.: Hello, I recently did a full reset of my PC and my microphone stopped detecting any sound on 3rd party applications like browsers or Discord. When I try to record anything, silence is recorded. However it works perfectly fine on all native Windows apps and surprisingly...
  6. Windows 10 Icons Modifications for 3rd Parties Applications to Look Better

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Icons Modifications for 3rd Parties Applications to Look Better: Dear Community members, Is there any procedures or possible way to modify the 3rd Parties Application Icons to look better as Native Applications.I know we can change the Icons, But it doesn't look as native applications For example, I have enclosed the photograph. The...
  7. Installing 3rd party Gaming Apps on Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing 3rd party Gaming Apps on Windows: I am a Windows user and also a gaming explorer. I have come across gaming supportive apps which allows to play android games on windows platform. As we only use our android mobile to play games. I also like to experience the gaming in a much wider screen such as my Desktop PC...
  8. Install 3rd Party Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install 3rd Party Software: I attempted to install 3rd party software (IObit Uninstaller) by double-clicking on the downloaded .exe file in my Download folder. I received the following Windows 10 message window: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the...
  9. scanning wirelessly to laptop not 3rd party

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scanning wirelessly to laptop not 3rd party: I am trying to scan from my laptop to my scanner wirelessly. but don't know how. both are HP and laptop has windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/scanning-wirelessly-to-laptop-not-3rd-party/6182c441-c778-4bd4-94b7-7f5dc9ba444c
  10. 3rd Party Software - Self Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3rd Party Software - Self Installation: Hi, yesterday the 8th I noticed a very peculiar issue that has only just started. It seems that at startup Windows is reinstalling 3rd party software that is already currently installed and has been for some time. I only noticed this because for some reason while...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 will not instal 3rd party sotware