Windows 10: Cannot install a downloaded .exe file

Discus and support Cannot install a downloaded .exe file in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a bizarre situation where I download a program from a website and the setup .exe file appears correctly in the Download folder. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DONALD BARTEL, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Cannot install a downloaded .exe file

I have a bizarre situation where I download a program from a website and the setup .exe file appears correctly in the Download folder. When I double-click the .exe file to install it, it disappears from the Download folder. Is there an issue with my Windows 10 registry? I don't know how this happened.

:)

DONALD BARTEL, Mar 12, 2019

2. Can't run exe file

Hello Mike,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in running the .exe file. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What application are you trying to install?
    • Are you getting any error message when you try to install the application?
    • From where did you download the application?
    Please post to us with ,ore information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Exe file downloading issue

Hello,

To better assist you, we would like to know more about your concern. Can you answer the questions below:

• Did you make any recent changes on your Windows 10 PC before this issue happened?
    • Is there any error message when you try to download an .exe file?
    • What happens when you try to download an .exe file?

We'll keep an eye for your response so we can assist you promptly.

Jennifer Bri, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Cannot install a downloaded .exe file

Exe file

New PC

Windows 10

Trying to download Chrome browser (exe file)

when trying to open, prompts open with and list programs to open with

will not allow exe file.

LuisValentin1, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Cannot install a downloaded .exe file

1. Cannot install a downloaded .exe file - Similar Threads - Cannot install downloaded

2. Can't install or download exe application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install or download exe application: like this error is showing after I made some changes in registry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-or-download-exe-application/fada6e4f-71e3-4b67-b010-34cd7e67b926
  3. I cannot install certain .exe files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot install certain .exe files in Windows 10: Can anyone please help? I cannot install certain Logitech files e.g. SetPoint6.70.55_64.exe and Logitech-Wireless-Solar-Keyboard-K750-Set-Point-driver-for-Windows-64-bit.exe. However, I CAN install other .exe files such as unifying250.exe and Options_8.54.161.exe.I am running...
  4. Cannot download .exe files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot download .exe files: Greetings everyone, I'm having an issue with my Windows 10 installation : Windows is blocking every .exe file download. All the solutions I've found consisted in updating the internet options... Thus, I am joining a screenshot of my internet options + Windows defender...
  5. Cannot download files with an EXE extension

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot download files with an EXE extension: This all started when I went to install Visual Studio 2019. I removed Visual Studio 2017, and cleaned out the folders left behind. When I went to install it, I could not download it with Chrome with Chrome reporting it as being blocked. I do not have "Safe Browsing"...
  6. Downloading an .exe file

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Downloading an .exe file: I've tried to download .exe files, but I get a message that this is not a Microsoft-verified file - then it wants me to go to the Microsoft Store, and I don't want to do this, I want to download the .exe file I started. How can I bypass this message? Thank you....
  7. exe. files and installation packages cannot be

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    exe. files and installation packages cannot be: greetings dear community, two days ago, I got myself a new laptop for gaming. this is not a brand new laptop, but a second hand one like new. so later I tried to install bitdefender total security on it. it would download fully, but everytime it tries to decompress the...
  8. Cannot Run An .Exe file

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Run An .Exe file: I've got maybe two problems: . I put the .exe file folder in the system path but still get a 'file not found' error when it is called from another prog. and that should have been foolproof because I used the 'browse' thing. So that's maybe a problem with the path thing. ....
  9. Can't install exe files after download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install exe files after download: Need your help with this and I am not sure exactly what happen with this. Anyway for the last two days I download the files in zip from the Internet like one is Majorgeeks (mostly). No problem to download onto downloads folder then unzip the exe file to temporary folder on...
  10. Cannot open. exe files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot open. exe files: When I am trying to open . exe file I am getting a message "The system cannot find the file specified " https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/cannot-open-exe-files/b3c0e678-448b-473e-8c29-6a0cc1961698

Users found this page by searching for:

1. downloaded exe file will not install

2. cannot install downloaded file