Windows 10: Cannot install a game from Microsoft Store

Discus and support Cannot install a game from Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Community, I'm very sorry to bother all of you, however, I believe there is nothing I can do now apart from asking real people for... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SaturdaysHeroes, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Cannot install a game from Microsoft Store

Hello Microsoft Community,

I'm very sorry to bother all of you, however, I believe there is nothing I can do now apart from asking real people for help. I've recently picked up the Xbox Game Pass via the promotion: $1 for 3 months and was very excited to play Sea of Thieves with my friends and then I've run into some issues.

I open the Microsoft Store, go onto Sea of Thieves and press install, then after a few seconds I get an error with the code: 0x80070057 and no further info. I've tried multiple solutions from google but none of them were able to help me, here's what I've tried:

• Run wsreset.exe as administrator;

• Set the clock to automatic to ensure the time is correct;

• Restarted my PC multiple times;

• Changed my preferred drive to F

And nothing has helped, I'm clueless now and I really want to play. If anyone is able to help me, I'd really appreciate it. I also apologise in advance if I'm violating the rules here or if I've selected the incorrect category.

:)

SaturdaysHeroes, Jun 2, 2019

2. Trying to install games from Microsoft Store on Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried each of these, with no results. I would also like to note that on the Microsoft Store app, in my library, the game is listed, however, no option to install it is given.

TheSauce05, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Storage.
    4. Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Cannot install a game from Microsoft Store

Using games from the microsoft store

Based on the results you've obtained, this can be an issue with the Windows Store which affects the digital games you’ve downloaded from it. We suggest manually resetting the Windows Store cache. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and click OK.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open with any message. The command prompt will automatically close after the Store's cache has been reset.
    Once done with the reset, kindly click this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Search if there are any updates available for the affected game.

Keep us updated with the progress.

Catherine Cus., Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

Cannot install a game from Microsoft Store

1. Cannot install a game from Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Cannot install game

2. Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store.: Hi, I have used Xbox gamepass pc for some time and yesterday when i was uninstalling a game i got a "0x80073cfa" error which made it unable to uninstall, after trying many things i tried to uninstall all games but all games had the Same error, I went and completely removed...
  3. Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store.: Hi, I have used Xbox gamepass pc for some time and yesterday when i was uninstalling a game i got a "0x80073cfa" error which made it unable to uninstall, after trying many things i tried to uninstall all games but all games had the Same error, I went and completely removed...
  4. Cannot uninstall games from Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot download a game from Microsoft Store.

Cannot download a game from Microsoft Store.: Hello. I'm wanting to install a game from the Microsoft Store, so I go to the game, click install, select my HDD D: and click install. Nothing happens. If I click off of the Store, it reverts back to the C: SSD option. I also tried installing the same game but from the new...
  6. Cannot Install from Microsoft Store

Cannot Install from Microsoft Store: Hey everyone, I was having trouble with microsoft store not installing 4 things: - Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 UWP Desktop Runtime Package - Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 UWP Desktop Runtime Package - Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 UWP Desktop Runtime Package - DirectX Runtime...
  7. Cannot install game from windows store

Cannot install game from windows store: I purchased the new Tetris Effect Connected game on the microsoft store, but cannot install it. When I click install, there is a popup that says "Try again later. Something happened on our end" with no other information or options. It says that I own the game, I just cant...
  8. Installing a game from Microsoft Store

Installing a game from Microsoft Store: Yesterday I bought and redeemed a key for the "Age of Empires 2" game. After using the code, I was redirected to Microsoft Store, where I searched for the game. It said "You own this game" and I clicked on the "Install" option. The install started and stopped after 1 second,...
  9. Installing game from Microsoft store

Installing game from Microsoft store: Hi, I just bought minecraft from the microsoft store website. When I click install on my device. It comes up with “it looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your microsoft account. To install, sigh in on a device with your microsoft account” But i’m...
  10. Cannot download game from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot download game from Microsoft Store: I'm trying to buy a game from the Microsoft Store but every time I try and download it gives me this error, "Give this code to an adult. You're not quite old enough for this. PUR-MaturityRatingsDenialUserNotInFamily aG8bHsNJeESBMfzF.76.1.11.8". I entered my DOB wrong the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot install games from microsoft store on windows 10

2. microsoft store cant install game

3. cannot install games from windows store

4. cant install game from microsoft store because i need administrator,
  5. microsoft store game wont install,
  6. cant install games from windows store,
  7. cannot install microsoft store games,
  8. microsoft store wont instll a game,
  9. cant install game over multiple devices microsoft,
  10. microsoft store wont re install game,
  11. cant install game windows gamesotre,