Windows 10: Cannot install a game from Microsoft Store

Discus and support Cannot install a game from Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Community, I'm very sorry to bother all of you, however, I believe there is nothing I can do now apart from asking real people for... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SaturdaysHeroes, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Cannot install a game from Microsoft Store

Hello Microsoft Community,

I'm very sorry to bother all of you, however, I believe there is nothing I can do now apart from asking real people for help. I've recently picked up the Xbox Game Pass via the promotion: $1 for 3 months and was very excited to play Sea of Thieves with my friends and then I've run into some issues.

I open the Microsoft Store, go onto Sea of Thieves and press install, then after a few seconds I get an error with the code: 0x80070057 and no further info. I've tried multiple solutions from google but none of them were able to help me, here's what I've tried:

• Run wsreset.exe as administrator;

• Set the clock to automatic to ensure the time is correct;

• Restarted my PC multiple times;

• Changed my preferred drive to F

And nothing has helped, I'm clueless now and I really want to play. If anyone is able to help me, I'd really appreciate it. I also apologise in advance if I'm violating the rules here or if I've selected the incorrect category.

:)

SaturdaysHeroes, Jun 2, 2019

2. Trying to install games from Microsoft Store on Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried each of these, with no results. I would also like to note that on the Microsoft Store app, in my library, the game is listed, however, no option to install it is given.

TheSauce05, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Storage.
    4. Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Cannot install a game from Microsoft Store

Using games from the microsoft store

Based on the results you've obtained, this can be an issue with the Windows Store which affects the digital games you’ve downloaded from it. We suggest manually resetting the Windows Store cache. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
    • Type WSReset.exe and click OK.
    • The Store and a command prompt will now open with any message. The command prompt will automatically close after the Store's cache has been reset.
    Once done with the reset, kindly click this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Search if there are any updates available for the affected game.

Keep us updated with the progress.

Catherine Cus., Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

Cannot install a game from Microsoft Store

1. Cannot install a game from Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Cannot install game

2. Download games from microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download games from microsoft store: hey guys, I have a question (duh) my band back at home is a crime, slow as hell. My GF for the other hand have a good connection. New on xbox game pass PC here and I want to know if is possible to download the games to my external HD, using my GF band but using my account,...
  3. Cannot install DLC in microsoft store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot install DLC in microsoft store.: Hello, First of all I bought and can play State of Decay 2 without any problems. I enjoy it that much I want to buy the DLC's and when I bought the dlc 'State of Decay 2: Independence Pack' it gives me this message [ATTACH] When I look into my library it gives me this...
  4. Games From The Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games From The Microsoft Store: So ANY game i download and install from the store does the same thing, gets to the main menu and wont let me get past press start...I press start and it flashes but just stays there. ive updated windows fully, updated the store, every other game including games from steam,...
  5. Microsoft Store not installing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store not installing games: So, I bought Sea of Thieves on the Microsoft Store and besides my best efforts to install the game and doing all of the helpful methods on this site. It just wont install. T spoke to some of Technical team one emailed me another method to try which i did to a T and still no...
  6. Cannot download game from Microsoft Store

Cannot download game from Microsoft Store: I'm trying to buy a game from the Microsoft Store but every time I try and download it gives me this error, "Give this code to an adult. You're not quite old enough for this. PUR-MaturityRatingsDenialUserNotInFamily aG8bHsNJeESBMfzF.76.1.11.8". I entered my DOB wrong the...
  7. I cant install any games from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant install any games from the Microsoft Store: I bought the xbox game pass, but I can't download any games. When I see the catalog from my internet browser, it says that the game is available to download because it is in the pack, but then it takes me to the Microsoft Store app and there the only thing I can do is write a...
  8. Issues Installing Microsoft Casual Games from Windows Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Issues Installing Microsoft Casual Games from Windows Store: I recently purchased a new HP laptop and have been encountering problems trying to install some Microsoft Casual Games, such as Microsoft Mahjong. When I click to install, an error message appears while the installation is trying to acquire the license. The message appears...
  9. Issues with microsoft Store and game installs

Issues with microsoft Store and game installs: Hello, Ive been having an issue, specifically with Sea of Thieves, i install it, play it and once ive left my computer and restarted it another day, the app has encountered an error and needs re-installed, unlike steam which normally has a verify option i need to fully...
  10. Microsoft games from the game store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft games from the game store: After the update of whatever happened, I can't open any of my games on my computer. I play and paid for Microsoft solitaire collection, and every time I click to open it, it goes to a black screen. Yes, I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it 18 times, still nothing? help?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant install games from windows store

2. cant install microsoft game