Windows 10: Cannot install a program because another version of this program is installed.

Discus and support Cannot install a program because another version of this program is installed. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I couldn’t install Cisco AnyConnect on my device because I received a message that “another version of this product is already installed. Installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MoisesTarelos, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Cannot install a program because another version of this program is installed.

I couldn’t install Cisco AnyConnect on my device because I received a message that “another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel”. I tried to do everything I can but with no effect. How to fix my problem?

:)

MoisesTarelos, Sep 21, 2018

2. Unable to install programs

Hi,

I can understand that must make you feel upset and we will work toward fixing this situation for you.

Just to clarify, is the issue specific to a particular program?

In order to identify if this a compatibility related issue, I suggest you to try installing the program in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right-click on the setup file of the program and select "Properties".

2. Select "Compatibility" Tab.

3. Place a check mark next to "Run this program in Compatibility mode" and select Windows 8
    from the drop down list.

4. Let the program install and then check the functionality.

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Sep 21, 2018
  3. MRCL Win User
    Program Installation not possible - wtf?

Hey all

I just hooked my new HDDs up my pc, and installed Windows Vista (64bit). As I'm about to install all the vital programs and stuff, I come across some strange and annoying occurance:

Cannot install a program because another version of this program is installed. WTF.jpg

As you see, I cannot open the file "Windows Installer". Now, this is not the only program, also CoreTemp acts like this. Other programs, as you see like Opera, are acting normal.

Those unopeable files end with either .1, .3 or .5, and I can't seem to find information on google.

I first thought it was because I did not install winrar yet... but as winrar itself came like this, I sortet this one out. I tried download the desired program from multiple sources, sometimes with success, sometimes not. What the HECK is going on, when I installed Vista the first time (on another drive), there were no problems like this*Confused Cannot install a program because another version of this program is installed. :confused:

4. Cannot install a program because another version of this program is installed.

How to search for installed program

Hi Randy,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I suggest you to find the installed programs in the Programs and Features.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on Start button and click on Control Panel.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • In the Programs and Features you can find the installed programs.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Cannot install a program because another version of this program is installed.

1. Cannot install a program because another version of this program is installed. - Similar Threads - Cannot install program

2. Moving installed programs to another computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving installed programs to another computer: Hi. I am using Oracle database XE 18c, Oracle APEX 21.1 and ORDS 22.2 on Windows 7 Professional.I've developed an app using the above mentioned tools. I always face a problem when deploying the app to another computer because it takes about an hour and half to get up and...
  3. 'Another Program is Being Installed' Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Another Program is Being Installed' Error: For whatever reason I couldn't uninstall Corsair iCue software, simply receiving an error that said another program was being installed. After force uninstalling it with RevoUninstaller, I am now having issues trying to reinstall the software with the same error. I've tried...
  4. cannot install a program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot install a program: HiYesterday I installed Tomb raider 2013 on my pcI wanted uninstall the gameI launched the unins000.exe then a error comes it says Runtime error could not call proc xxx.xxThis comes with another game also!Later I deleted the game folder manually and removed the game from...
  5. cannot install a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot install a program: HiYesterday I installed Tomb raider 2013 on my pcI wanted uninstall the gameI launched the unins000.exe then a error comes it says Runtime error could not call proc xxx.xxThis comes with another game also!Later I deleted the game folder manually and removed the game from...
  6. cannot install a program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. cannot install a program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot install a program: We recently purchased a new laptop and installed all theprograms that we had on the old one, except one program will not install on thenew lap top. Both laptops run windows 10. The program allows some very basic editing of photos cropping, red eyeremoval, rotate and flip,...
  8. Cannot install a program because of some unknown administrator!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot install a program because of some unknown administrator!: I have just purchased a new computer and have been attempting to install a little add-on program for Word that I use when grading papers. I have used it on all of my computers since 2009 and never had a problem. Now when I try to install, it says an administrator is...
  9. Cannot install programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install programs: Hi, three weeks ago I upgraded Windows 7 to 10 full, fresh install, and now I started having problems with running applications. Today Firefox stopped being able to play sound. I tried to reinstall but I had an error '' 7-zip can not create temp folder archive''. Then...
  10. Cannot install programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot install programs: I cannot install programs using my admin log in. I tech was helping me and created a new local admin account on my pc and that account was able to install the program. What do I need to change on my original admin account to allow me to install? The the teach just ended the...