Windows 10: Cannot install an update on HP Windows 10 laptop, tried many options but no success so far

Discus and support Cannot install an update on HP Windows 10 laptop, tried many options but no success so far in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Recently I have been having some trouble with my laptop. It started playing up. By playing I mean, freezes randomly [so an extent I have to shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChristinaVM, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Cannot install an update on HP Windows 10 laptop, tried many options but no success so far

Hi,

Recently I have been having some trouble with my laptop. It started playing up. By playing I mean, freezes randomly [so an extent I have to shut down by press and holding the power button], extremely slow to run sometimes, even to log in etc.

So I thought I would have a look through to see if I could find something.

I found couple of issues - one is there is an update pending which just wont install.

Tried running couple of solutions as seen online, but no avail.

When trying to install the update [2018-12 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4471331)], it starts installation and goes to 100% - then to display ' Updates failed. There were problems installing the updates -Error 0x800705b4

Then looking online to find a solution online, I came across someone suggesting running

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

which displays this :

Cannot install an update on HP Windows 10 laptop, tried many options but no success so far cdb1c3ac-b913-4b39-8567-30899f533988?upload=true.png

I also checked 'sfc /scannow' which gave the below result

Cannot install an update on HP Windows 10 laptop, tried many options but no success so far 088f116e-4529-44b2-b45e-c177ed2e162d?upload=true.png

Tried changing names of software distribution and catroot files etc; don't know what I did wrong but now have 2 files!

I dont know what to do. I would be grateful if someone can help me sort this out.

The spec of the laptop are as below:

Product name: HP Pavilion Notebook

BIOS: F.17-03/10/2016

Keyboard revision: 82.29

Total memory: 8.00 GB

Processor name: AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics

I have anti-virus software [well had multiple!]. Previously always had MalwareBytes, Avast and McAfee - now all uninstalled. Currently only got Emsisoft Anti-Malware. Scanned through multiple times, no malware found etc.

Many thanks in advance of helping out Cannot install an update on HP Windows 10 laptop, tried many options but no success so far :)

:)

ChristinaVM, Dec 10, 2018

2. HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi Yaqub,

Thanks for the advise.

I have reinstalled the batteries ACPI in device manager about 5 times, but with no success.

Have also ran all updates, including bios updates from HP.

Finally did battery health check from Bios and using HP tool and both say the batter health is okay.

Is there anything else that can be done? I know another friend of mine who has had the same issue on his Sony vaio laptop after windows 10 upgrade.

Hope this can be resolved.

Thanks

AbhijeetRoy, Dec 10, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Installing W10 on this Laptop

HP Stream 11 under Windows 10 - Touchpad not recognized.

Are you making sure you are trying the correct driver for the WiFi... They list Broadcom, Intel, and/or Realtek.

Also, try to run the installer as an administrator install.

If that fails... try extracting the files and manually install the driver.

95Viper, Dec 10, 2018
  4. rk3066 Win User

Cannot install an update on HP Windows 10 laptop, tried many options but no success so far

Installing W10 on this Laptop

Wifi works but where's the link he mentions in the link above? not seeing it

rk3066, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

Cannot install an update on HP Windows 10 laptop, tried many options but no success so far

1. Cannot install an update on HP Windows 10 laptop, tried many options but no success so far - Similar Threads - Cannot install update

2. Cannot Successfully Complete 22H2 Update Install,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Successfully Complete 22H2 Update Install,: Hello,So I am having trouble installing the 22H2 update.Whenever making an attempt to install, the following happens:-Installs-Prompts for restart which I allow to proceed-Exits windows and goes to "Updates are underway. x% complete. Please keep your computer on."-Once that...
  3. Cannot Successfully Complete 22H2 Update Install,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Successfully Complete 22H2 Update Install,: Hello,So I am having trouble installing the 22H2 update.Whenever making an attempt to install, the following happens:-Installs-Prompts for restart which I allow to proceed-Exits windows and goes to "Updates are underway. x% complete. Please keep your computer on."-Once that...
  4. Issues with start menu, windows update, etc with no successful fixes so far

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with start menu, windows update, etc with no successful fixes so far: Hello,I have been having issues with my Windows 10 installation for a few months now. The issues started with not being able to open the start menu or notification pane. I have tried the sfc /scannow command from cmd and powershell as normal user and as administrator as well...
  5. So many updates

So many updates: Do we really need all of them? Can we get rid of some of the old ones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-many-updates/d6df72e3-3514-4669-867c-a25fd99526c3
  6. Cannot successfully update Windows 10

Cannot successfully update Windows 10: Windows update status seems to be stuck on "An update is being prepared for your device, but it's not quite ready yet. We'll keep trying or you can try again now." The quality update history shows that installation of 2019-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for...
  7. So Far, So Good

in Windows 10 Support
    So Far, So Good: After installing Windows 10 onto my Dell 1545 it appears to run faster than Win-7 and while it will take some time to get used to MS Edge it appears to run faster as well. Learning curve is fair and not too steep. Happy so far. Hopefully I can install the ISO and new GF...
  8. Upgrading so far - Success

Upgrading so far - Success: Greetings O Great Ones, from the Emerald Isle. Background: I've being using Windows since 3.00a. I had a dual boot set-up with 8.1 and 10240. 8.1 downloaded the RTM/GA. I have not upgraded this yet. 10240 downloaded only some of the files for the upgrade so I...
  9. Successful laptop install of Windows 10

Successful laptop install of Windows 10: I successfully completed an upgrade install of Windows 10 on a Toshiba Satellite L775 this evening. It took 6 hours total, including hours of watching and waiting, but everything that I've tried so far has worked. I just wanted to post this because we all curse Microsoft from...
  10. Windows 10, trying to install on my HP laptop

Windows 10, trying to install on my HP laptop: I purchased this laptop from the windows store almost 2 years ago I tried installing windows 10, i had windows 8.0 on it, read a blog it said keep updating till the icon comes in the corner. What would happen is i used their tool, and then it would download and verify then...