Windows 10: cannot install any microsoft redist, another installation in progress when there isn't.

Discus and support cannot install any microsoft redist, another installation in progress when there isn't. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; so in order to play a few games, i need the microsoft vb c++ stuff. unfortunately, the problem is, every time that i try to download them, it gives me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NathanDale1, Jun 22, 2024.

1. cannot install any microsoft redist, another installation in progress when there isn't.

so in order to play a few games, i need the microsoft vb c++ stuff. unfortunately, the problem is, every time that i try to download them, it gives me an error that another installation is already running. i have tried everything, from ending tasks, trying to find things in the registry that are currently installing and failing, shutting down my computer, etc, but nothing works. is there any non-installer version of the redist or am i just borked eternally, like sisyphus attempting to roll his boulder up the hill, forever doomed to attempt to install microsoft visual c++ 2010 x64 only to be gr

:)

NathanDale1, Jun 22, 2024

2. can't install .net framework

i have microsoft installer 4.5...and i can't find microsoft installer redist for vista.

Braveheart, Jun 22, 2024
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jun 22, 2024
  4. Cybot Win User

cannot install any microsoft redist, another installation in progress when there isn't.

need specific VC redist packages for repair of installed vc redist packages

Just a little addendum to my last post.

I decided to just go ahead and axe the whole lot of vc redist's that were installed on my machine. everything but the vc redist 2017 x86. when i uninstalled the 2013 x64 redist the entry for the older version disappeared and did not reappear when i reinstalled
    the vc redist, so i guess that issue is solved. Now for the reason for this second post.

All the reinstalls of the vc redists went well until i got to the vc 2015 x86 redist. setup for the redist kept erroring out saying another version was installed. no amount of tinkering i could do would get it to say otherwise. then i stumbled across the
    reason. having vc 2017 redist installed will keep the 2015 redist from being serviced (installed, updated, etc). this is because they are both registered as version 14. the x64 version of 2015 went well, but because i had the 2017 x86 version already installed
    the install of the x86 2015 redist setup program aborted the install.

the quickest way for the end user around this is to uninstall the 2017 redist before servicing the 2015 redist. this is far from an optimal solution, but there you have it. At least until Microsoft fixes the issue.

the best way for M$ to fix the issue is to release a patch or whatever that changes the 2017 redist version to version 15.

Update..... finished installing the 2017 VC redist's looks like the 2017 files actually are meant to replace the 2015 versions. this is something that was not occurring before. my system was saying that both the 2015 and 2017 versions were installed before.

so i guess i don't need to install the 2015 redists anymore, and just skip ahead to the 2017 redist from now on?

Cybot, Jun 22, 2024
Thema:

cannot install any microsoft redist, another installation in progress when there isn't.

1. cannot install any microsoft redist, another installation in progress when there isn't. - Similar Threads - cannot install microsoft

2. Can't install any programs. "Another installation is in progress. you must complete that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install any programs. "Another installation is in progress. you must complete that...: I have a brand new PC. I have only been able to install a few basic programs like Chrome and Steam, but I can't install any other programs because it thinks something is installing in the background. Even though I reboot and stay installing ASAP after reboot, the problem...
  3. Can't install any programs. "Another installation is in progress. you must complete that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install any programs. "Another installation is in progress. you must complete that...: I have a brand new PC. I have only been able to install a few basic programs like Chrome and Steam, but I can't install any other programs because it thinks something is installing in the background. Even though I reboot and stay installing ASAP after reboot, the problem...
  4. cannot install any microsoft redist, another installation in progress when there isn't.

cannot install any microsoft redist, another installation in progress when there isn't.: so in order to play a few games, i need the microsoft vb c++ stuff. unfortunately, the problem is, every time that i try to download them, it gives me an error that another installation is already running. i have tried everything, from ending tasks, trying to find things in...
  5. microsoft visual redist not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft visual redist not installing: when i try to run some steam games they dont start and it says starting microsoft vc redistrubtable so i went to update to the latest version due to other problems like this and downloaded microsoft visual c++ 2015-2022 however the setup keeps failing for this and it says...
  6. microsoft visual redist not installing

microsoft visual redist not installing: when i try to run some steam games they dont start and it says starting microsoft vc redistrubtable so i went to update to the latest version due to other problems like this and downloaded microsoft visual c++ 2015-2022 however the setup keeps failing for this and it says...
  7. Error 1500 another installation is in progress

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 1500 another installation is in progress: getting this error here is a Screenshot trying to install the legacy Razer Synapse 2.0 so I can use the Orbweaver peripheral, none of the solutions I've seen on Google worked for me as I don't have any other installs going or setups in Task Manager nor any of the listed...
  8. Error 1500 another installation is in progress

Error 1500 another installation is in progress: getting this error here is a Screenshot trying to install the legacy Razer Synapse 2.0 so I can use the Orbweaver peripheral, none of the solutions I've seen on Google worked for me as I don't have any other installs going or setups in Task Manager nor any of the listed...
  9. Error 1500 another installation is in progress

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Error: 'Another installation is already in progress' during installation/uninstallation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error: 'Another installation is already in progress' during installation/uninstallation: Hello, I just reset my laptop and now, when I try to install new programs, I keep receiving this message "Another installation is already in progress". I understand that I have to log in administrator account in order to install new program, however its really inconvenient...