Windows 10: Cannot install apps as administrator

Discus and support Cannot install apps as administrator in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; my account is currently listed as the only account on the program, and I am the sole administrator. I have attempted to install apps, but have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by YuningSun, Jan 6, 2019.

1. YuningSun Win User

Cannot install apps as administrator

my account is currently listed as the only account on the program, and I am the sole administrator. I have attempted to install apps, but have encountered DLL issues stating that I did not have the necessary permissions. also, there is no "run as administrator" button for right clicking on applications, and when I go into the "manage" for the application, the "run as administrator" is greyed out and cannot be pressed. how do I fix this?

:)

YuningSun, Jan 6, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Cannot install apps as administrator :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    "Built-in administrator" still denied access to many apps and functions

Hi Andy,

• What is the exact error message you are getting when you try to open apps?
    I understand your concern about accessing the operating system. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, I realize this may be frustrating. We are here to help you in resolving the issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system settings/ system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to check if Built-in Administrator account is enabled. If so, try to disable.

Step 1: Follow the steps toDisable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
      • net user administrator /active: no (Check for the spaces)
    Restart the computer and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to refer to the below thread replied by
    Marilyn O on November 22, 2012 as this suggestion has helped many others and check if it helps you as well.

App can't open with built in administrator account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Cannot install apps as administrator

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Cannot install apps as administrator

1. Cannot install apps as administrator - Similar Threads - Cannot install apps

2. cannot install apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot install apps: i got system error when i install any apps or program on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-apps/84a73c52-9c57-4288-b432-4997506c00c9
  3. cannot install apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot install apps: i got system error when i install any apps or program on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-apps/84a73c52-9c57-4288-b432-4997506c00c9
  4. cannot install apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cannot install this app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot install this app: Hello there! Please help me. I recently installed the Minecraft Launcher from the Microsoft Store due to the new improved launcher. After that, I had to install this app called game services because when I opened the app, it redirected me to there. But I have this error so it...
  6. Cannot install Apps

Cannot install Apps: Win 10 pro ver1607 Can not install D-link wireless N300 USB adapter drivers. Get error: User account control. This app has been blocked for your protection. An administrator has blocked you from running this app. Under control panel, user accounts, manage accounts Shows...
  7. Cannot install apps

Cannot install apps: I can no longer install any apps in Windows 10 Home. I cannot Run as administrator as Run is not recognized as an internal or external command. I get this user account window when I try to install anything. I have restored the PC back to factory and still the same issues....
  8. cannot install a program without "run as administrator"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot install a program without "run as administrator": Hello A while ago, I did format my laptop But I ran into a strange problem Namely, I cannot install a program without run as administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-a-program-without-run-as/c6508078-fe17-4ebb-a0ae-f26d5b8e02fa
  9. Cannot Install Apps

Cannot Install Apps: I recently setup a new windows laptop using my personal microsoft account. I'd like to play Minecraft, as I have been doing since 2011, but when I try to download Minecraft Windows 10 edition from the microsoft store, it doesn't work. I then try a few other apps and none of...
  10. apps crashing and cannot install apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    apps crashing and cannot install apps: my apps like adobe reader crashes everytime i open them and cannot even open MS word. When trying install apps it says "app stopped working"...