Windows 10: Cannot install Arial Narrow font on Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot install Arial Narrow font on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We upgraded 4 computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and also installed Office 365. Along the way, we discovered that many Excel files were showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lancorp, Feb 19, 2019.

1. lancorp Win User

Cannot install Arial Narrow font on Windows 10

We upgraded 4 computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and also installed Office 365. Along the way, we discovered that many Excel files were showing as blank. Tracked it down to missing Arial Narrow font on all the computers. It was there in Windows 7 and Office 2010, but missing after upgrades.

Research shows that upgrading to Windows 10 leaves behind the Arial Narrow (and actually a few other Office 2010 fonts), but on 3 of the computers, I was able to find all the missing fonts and copy the font files to C:\Windows\Fonts and reboot, then have the Arial Narrow (and others) show up correctly.

BUT, on one computer, I cannot get Arial Narrow to install. I've followed the same steps as the other computers, but no Arial Narrow in the control panel fonts app. The fonts exist in c:\windows\fonts. The entries for the 4 fonts exist in the registry and match the files in c:\windows\fonts. I've tried right-clicking each of the 4 font files and choosing to install for all users. I've cleared the font cache files using instruction found elsewhere.

No matter what I do, I cannot get Arial Narrow to display on this one computer.

Any other ideas how I can get this font (4 fonts in the family) to be seen by Windows?

:)

lancorp, Feb 19, 2019

2. Corrupted Arial Narrow font stops Notification and Edge display

2 problems I had:

1. Edge displays Times font for all web content. (Not talking about Reading View here)

2. Notification fails to open.

I saw in another forum a comment about corrupted Arial Narrow fonts stopping Notifications. It is associated with

Faulting application name: ShellExperienceHost.exe in Event Logs.

Going to Windows\Fonts and opening Arial font display and clicking on Arial Narrow shows no text. Deleting all Arial Narrow font variations fixes the problems.

I think Arial Narrow is installed with Office 2016. That is when the problems started.

Hope that helps anyone with same problem.

sluggoslade, Feb 19, 2019
  3. Arial Narrow Bold font renders in Bold Italic

When my Arial Narrow font is set to Bold, it renders in Bold Italic. I tried: rebooting the OS and reinstalling the Arial Narrow family from a backup, but the issue still persists.

I noticed a workaround in deleting the Arial Narrow Bold Italic variant, but I don't want to do that for the font to render properly. Otherwise, if I choose
    Arial Narrow Bold, rather than set Arial Narrow to Bold, it displays fine.

I observed (via Office font selection) that each Arial variant is OpenType, except for a TTF version of Arial Narrow I somehow got long ago. However, in my Windows fonts folder, I supposedly have the
    full Arial Narrow font family (which reports as TTF).

(Screenshot from Word 2013 font selection drop boxCannot install Arial Narrow font on Windows 10 :)

Cannot install Arial Narrow font on Windows 10 b8ec2614-8017-4499-adbb-80cb030f6b73.jpg

Can anyone educate me as to why this issue persists and provide clarity on how this rendering works? Thanks in advance!

Cannot install Arial Narrow font on Windows 10 smile.gif

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Grundberg74, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Cannot install Arial Narrow font on Windows 10

Arial Narrow on Windows 10

Press Windows key + R

Type: control

Hit Enter

Open Fonts

Look for Arial Narrow

Right click the font

Click Preview

Click Install

If that does not work, follow steps to download and install it:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/install-fonts-...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Andre for Directly, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Cannot install Arial Narrow font on Windows 10

1. Cannot install Arial Narrow font on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot install Arial

2. Arial MT Font licencing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Arial MT Font licencing: is it possible for a UK University to get a licence to use Arial MT Light and Arial MT Medium as part of our brand and therefore for web and publications [not sold] - we do not sell any publications but they are promoting our courses which are paid for as well as our Alumni...
  3. Arial MT Font licencing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Arial MT Font licencing: is it possible for a UK University to get a licence to use Arial MT Light and Arial MT Medium as part of our brand and therefore for web and publications [not sold] - we do not sell any publications but they are promoting our courses which are paid for as well as our Alumni...
  4. Arial MT Font licencing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Arial font regular disappeared

Arial font regular disappeared: I have been having some issues with text displaying as italic, and I narrowed down the problem to the Arial font which is also a default font for programs like R and Outlook. In trying to fix this, I went to Settings > Fonts > Arial, and discovered that the Regular face...
  6. Arial Narrow Regular font missing after updates

Arial Narrow Regular font missing after updates: After system updates, Arial Narrow Regular font is now missing from my computer. Arial Narrow Italic, Arial Narrow Bold and Arial Narrow Bold Italic are all still installed and working properly. The Arial Narrow Regular version is no longer showing up in my system fonts...
  7. Arial Narrow on Windows 10

Arial Narrow on Windows 10: Hi, I am continually getting a message that Arial Narrow is not loaded on to my computer when I am printing a document that I use all the time. Is there a download for Windows 10 to prevent this from popping up anymore? I do not have any Microsoft Office programs on this...
  8. Helvetica font not Swapping to Arial font on Windows 10 & Windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Helvetica font not Swapping to Arial font on Windows 10 & Windows 7: Hi, We are experiencing issue related to the way Windows handle Helvetica font when it is being used in the external files received. When we receive a Indesign file having Helvetica font it gets Swapped to the Arial font automatically on some workstations when we export the...
  9. Helvetica Narrow took over Arial in all browsers.

in Browsers and Email
    Helvetica Narrow took over Arial in all browsers.: Hi all, Just out of nowhere, a number of websites started displaying Helvetica Narrow font instead of Arial font. I think only Arial is affected, and I have seen others having the same issue and all they could do was to delete Helvetica Font... The actual font displayed...
  10. Arial font issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Arial font issue: Arial font rendering issue after some W10 update. Occurrence: PDF files and all browsers. Arial font working OK in other applications. Settings > display > scale and layout 100%. "Adjust ClearType text" OK. Attached images: Left, friend's screen. Right, my screen....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. arial narrow font windows 10

2. install arial narrow font windows 10

3. arial narrow windows 10

4. arial narrow,
  5. arial narrow font download windows 10,
  6. download arial narrow windows 10,
  7. arial narrow windows10,
  8. nu vot,
  9. arial narrow windows,
  10. download arial narrow for windows 10,
  11. windows 10 arial font download,