Windows 10: cannot install Chrome as the default application on win 10

Discus and support cannot install Chrome as the default application on win 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] When I choose the default web app I don't see Chrome to make it the default :(... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dragon24887, Jun 29, 2019.

1. cannot install Chrome as the default application on win 10

cannot install Chrome as the default application on win 10 a52b36f7-1f53-49b4-b2fa-a951c85ccece?upload=true.png

When I choose the default web app I don't see Chrome to make it the default cannot install Chrome as the default application on win 10 :(

:)

Dragon24887, Jun 29, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 29, 2019
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Installing Google Chrome

The default browser for Windows 10 is Microsoft Edge. Internet Explorer is only provided for businesses that run older software.

Here's how I successfully installed Chrome:

• Download Chrome from the
      official Chrome website
    • Disable my anti-malware application.
    • Run the Chrome installer.
    • Re-enable my anti-malware application.
    No problems.

BulldogXX, Jun 29, 2019
  4. cannot install Chrome as the default application on win 10

Issues with making chrome as default browser on Windows 10.

Hi Richard,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or default browser program is change correctly.

I suggest you to follow the steps to change the default browser as Chrome browser and check if it helps.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on
    Set Default Programs

4. Click on chrome browser from the list.

5. Click on Set this program as default.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with making default browser as chrome, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

cannot install Chrome as the default application on win 10

1. cannot install Chrome as the default application on win 10 - Similar Threads - cannot install Chrome

2. Cannot pin to taskbar and cannot set chrome as default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot pin to taskbar and cannot set chrome as default: Having 2 weird issues with my new windows 11 install. 1- I download chrome and drag the icon over the task bar and it shows a red circle showing I cannot add it to the task bar. 2- I click into Chrome from apps and I do not get a “set as default browser” button so I can’t set...
  3. Cannot pin to taskbar and cannot set chrome as default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot pin to taskbar and cannot set chrome as default: Having 2 weird issues with my new windows 11 install. 1- I download chrome and drag the icon over the task bar and it shows a red circle showing I cannot add it to the task bar. 2- I click into Chrome from apps and I do not get a “set as default browser” button so I can’t set...
  4. Cannot change Default Applications [TWINUI]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change Default Applications [TWINUI]: Hello, I work in IT and I have a user who cannot change the default applications in windows settings. The Computer has already been re-imaged and is still having the same problem. I spoke with the computer manufacturer and they said that I would need to speak with...
  5. Cannot install Chrome on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install Chrome on Windows 10: Chrome will not install on Windows 10. Chrome will download but when I try to install Chrome it flashes on the screen for a second then disappears. It seems like something is blocking it from installing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
  6. Set the default application of win 10

Set the default application of win 10: My pdf files are currently unable to install the open application by default, when I install Foxit Reader to open it, Windows automatically changes to Edge when I restart the computer. Please help me....
  7. Cannot set default applications

Cannot set default applications: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 1803 and am fully up to date on Windows Updates (barring the October update, of course, which is not available at the moment). I cannot set default applications for "Choose default applications by file type", or "Choose default applications by...
  8. Cannot make Chrome as default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot make Chrome as default browser: I have tried all the suggested methods of setting Chrome as a default browser. When open Chrome, I go through of downloading Chrome and agreeing to terms etc etc and it does not work. The next time I log in with Chrome it asks me to make it a default again. When I go through...
  9. Re-Install Windows 10 'Default' Application's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-Install Windows 10 'Default' Application's: Hi, Right now some of the 'default' application's that come loaded with windows 10 are working..but for some reason some of them are not. The one I'm most concerned about is Mail & Calendar, right now when I go into the windows store..it shows I have update's available, it...
  10. Cannot install Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install Win 10: Have not been successful in updating from win 7 to win 10. I just get a message saying installation failed error 8007000D Your help would be appreciated. 24852

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot install chrome browser as default