Windows 10: Cannot install Cortana Device Setup - Need Workaround

Discus and support Cannot install Cortana Device Setup - Need Workaround in Cortana to solve the problem; I already have the latest Window 10. I installed the Cortana Device Setup app but when it runs in runs a an "Surface Headphones" app and does not find... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by SergeirMSDN, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Cannot install Cortana Device Setup - Need Workaround

I already have the latest Window 10. I installed the Cortana Device Setup app but when it runs in runs a an "Surface Headphones" app and does not find my device. Also, my PC does not support bluetooth so the invoke must be set up over wireless. Now what?

:)

SergeirMSDN, Feb 16, 2019

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Cortana will not sync with my andoid device cortana app and the windows 10 pc embedded app!

Hello Devin,

There are several workarounds that we can perform for us to troubleshoot the problem with your
    Cortana on your Android device. In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• On your Android device, open Settings.
    • Go to Application Manager.
    • Select the Cortana app.
    • Tap on Clear Cache.
    • Reset your device.

Let us know if the these steps resolve the issue.

Lawrence Lib, Feb 16, 2019
  4. br4tt3 Win User

Cannot install Cortana Device Setup - Need Workaround

Cortana Device Setup - Invoke and WiFi

Hi all,

I am trying to setup my Invoke, steering the initial setup from my Windows 10 1803 PC. Cortana is displaying the Devices icon, factory reset the Invoke (several times) and everything seems to work from within the Cortana Device Setup app until the following
    occurs:

1. At the "connect to your device" stage - i can see the Invoke from within the Cortana Device Setup app, in the list

2. Before I press / select the app from the list, check WiFi network connection - my WiFi network card on my PC is bound to SSID providing internet connectivity).

3. When I press / select the HK Invoke device listed, i can see my WiFi NIC is switching to the "HK Invoke" that does not have internet connectivity at this stage. Cortana at the same time tells my "i am not connected to the device" - so all good so far...

4. Next step presented is a next button for setting up WiFi on the Invoke. Remember - at this stage my PC's WiFi connection is bound to the Invoke, and not the Internet providing SSID any more…

5. Press next - Cortana basically tells me that it cannot find any WiFi suitable for continuing… I would like the option to specify an alternate WiFi SSID for Cortana / Invoke but I can only see the Next button in the app...

I am freaking out - tried updating Windows, disabled firewalls, checked e internet connectivity, did setup from 2 different PC's, 1 x Android phone (which generates error - Something went wrong?????) - who ever came up with that error msg? I am running out
    of options.... i did factory reset on the Invoke etc. Is there a debug option, to determine WHAT causing the issue? right now i think it has to do with Window roaming from my internet SSID to the Invoke device when using the COrtana Device Setup app - cause
    it cannot see any suitable SSID once connected to my PC even though the internet providing SSID works just fine...… HELP!!!!

br4tt3, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Cannot install Cortana Device Setup - Need Workaround

1. Cannot install Cortana Device Setup - Need Workaround - Similar Threads - Cannot install Cortana

2. Are there any workarounds for "Windows cannot install required files?"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are there any workarounds for "Windows cannot install required files?": I'm booting off of a USB key that I know works since I installed Windows 10 on a new computer this morning with it. I have five users that had Windows quit booting the past week that I get that error when I try to do a repair install from the USB key. All are running Windows...
  3. Need workaround for another Firefox improvement.

in Browsers and Email
    Need workaround for another Firefox improvement.: It seems that the folks at Mozilla have decided to incorporate another "improvement" in Firefox. Now... when I right click an image I no longer have the "View image information" option. This is happening on all websites, even image hosting sites. It started somewhere around...
  4. Need Help Reversing a Complicated Workaround I Used for Sound Devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help Reversing a Complicated Workaround I Used for Sound Devices: So, way back last year I wanted to stream without having my friends' voices streamed along with mine. I looked into it and found a tutorial that showed me how to trick windows 10 into using my mic as my input but my communication output to my computer's speakers so that their...
  5. How to setup cortana respond to ok cortana instaed of hey cortana

in Cortana
    How to setup cortana respond to ok cortana instaed of hey cortana: I dont want to say hey cortana instaead i want instaead ok cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-setup-cortana-respond-to-ok-cortana-instaed/eafedf6a-99ce-48a9-a249-f3639caf52aa
  6. Harmon Kardon Invoke no longer available in Cortana Device setup tool

in Cortana
    Harmon Kardon Invoke no longer available in Cortana Device setup tool: I had to reset my Invoke when my network changed, and now when I download the Cortana Device setup app from the store it appears only Surface Headphones can be detected. The app actually appears after installation as 'Surface Headphones' !! I tried using device setup via the...
  7. cortana device setup is currently not available

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    cortana device setup is currently not available: For some reason im unable download the Cortana device setup . Ive tried rebooting my system and my app store. Keeps giving me "device setup is currently not available" and i can't find a solution anywhere. Please help...
  8. Microsoft updates Cortana Device Setup app with Surface Headphones support

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft updates Cortana Device Setup app with Surface Headphones support: In 2017, Microsoft launched Cortana Device Setup app which allows users to configure devices like Harman Kardon Invoke speaker with Windows 10 PCs. Late last week, it appears that Microsoft quietly updated the Cortana Device Setup app with support for Surface Headphones....
  9. getting thrown error "0x803FB005" when trying to install "cortana device setup" app

in Cortana
    getting thrown error "0x803FB005" when trying to install "cortana device setup" app: I bought my wife an Invoke. I have it started. Now i'm trying to configure it (for example add a skill to command my Hue lights). Afaik, I need to download the "cortana device setup" app, but getting thrown error "0x803FB005" on installing… Could it be because I am outside...
  10. Cannot Link Microsoft Account / Setup Cortana !!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Link Microsoft Account / Setup Cortana !!: Hello, Could someone help me please. I'm trying to setup Cortana and have been doing for some time now. I've fixed the issues regarding "Not Available in your Country / Region" by setting all my settings to UK and made sure they're all the same. NOW MY ISSUE is that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cortana device setup unavailable

2. how do you change the devisesin cortana devise set upp

3. cortana device setup invoke region

4. cortana device setup not available,
  5. cortana device setup app,
  6. cortana device setup error,
  7. cannot install cortana device setup app,
  8. cortana device setup app runs a an surface headphones,
  9. Cannot install Cortana Device Setup Microsoft