Windows 10: Cannot install Driver updates or Windows update

Discus and support Cannot install Driver updates or Windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I haven't been able to install Windows updates for quite a while. Attempting to do so usually results in a crash on restart followed by a recovery. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DentMurphy, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Cannot install Driver updates or Windows update

I haven't been able to install Windows updates for quite a while. Attempting to do so usually results in a crash on restart followed by a recovery. I went as far as trying to reset my pc but that failed as well. Finally, even writing a repair disk onto a usb didn't work, as that corrupted as well, multiple times on multiple drives.

:)

DentMurphy, Sep 27, 2019

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Sep 27, 2019
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Cannot install Driver updates or Windows update

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Cannot install Driver updates or Windows update

1. Cannot install Driver updates or Windows update - Similar Threads - Cannot install Driver

2. Cannot install Window Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install Window Update: Every day I have this update in listed under updates and a notification that asks me too install it.The install seems to fail every time though.I tried to fix it with Cleanup-Image, but as you can see, that didn't work either.This is the zip of...
  3. Cannot install Window Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install Window Update: Every day I have this update in listed under updates and a notification that asks me too install it.The install seems to fail every time though.I tried to fix it with Cleanup-Image, but as you can see, that didn't work either.This is the zip of...
  4. Cannot install Window Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. cannot install windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot install windows update: During the process of restarting services to try and manually update my windows computer, my access gets denied when running this command in the prompt as an administrator Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore DataStore.bak I imagine this is probably due to the fact...
  6. cannot install windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot install windows update: During the process of restarting services to try and manually update my windows computer, my access gets denied when running this command in the prompt as an administrator Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore DataStore.bak I imagine this is probably due to the fact...
  7. Cannot download updates in Windows update 10, or install drivers downloaded with other...

Cannot download updates in Windows update 10, or install drivers downloaded with other...: Hello! Hopefully, someone here can help me out. I'm running Windows 10 version 20H2, Build 19042.964I'm attempting to download and install update KB5003173, but receive an error that reads:"There were problems downloading some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep...
  8. Cannot Install Windows Updates

Cannot Install Windows Updates: Settings displays the following error: 0x800700c1 OS Version is Windows 10 1903 64-bit I have tried a variety of solutions suggested on other posts with the following results: restart - no effect sfc /scannnow in admin command prompt - Windows resource protection...
  9. Cannot install Windows updates

Cannot install Windows updates: I have been trying to install the latest updates to Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) and I keep getting these error codes: 201****00705b4 2019-01 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4480979) - Error 0x80240016 Update for...
  10. Windows Update not installing drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update not installing drivers: So I just performed a clean install and after running windows update it failed to install some drivers. Not sure which drivers I need now since I thought windows is supposed to install the right ones on its own. [img] [img] [img] [img] 15890