Windows 10: Cannot install drivers on my laptop

Discus and support Cannot install drivers on my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently bought a canon printer and am trying to install the program on my windows 10 laptop. I can install the program itself, but when it starts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dill9397, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Dill9397 Win User

Cannot install drivers on my laptop

I recently bought a canon printer and am trying to install the program on my windows 10 laptop. I can install the program itself, but when it starts installing the drivers it fails and keeps telling me to start over again. I talked to a canon representative and it is 100% not the printers fault. Do I need to deactivate something for the drivers to install? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Dill9397, Apr 19, 2021
  2. CJCerny Win User

Laptop driver/reformat question

This is excellent advice. Writing down the list of installed devices prior to re-formatting will save you a lot of heartache. With that list, you won't have to try to figure out exactly which wireless card or web cam driver you need since there will likely be several to choose from.

CJCerny, Apr 19, 2021
  3. mark7 Win User
    Modding Realtek + Dolby Home Theater driver to install on any laptop

So, my laptop (Lenovo Legion Y520) uses the Realtek audio driver, which comes in combination with the Dolby Audio (DAX2) app. However, I don't like the official driver for my laptop much (distorted sound), so I would like to install a different driver. I've tried downloading the audio drivers for some of the Thinkpad models, which come bundled with Dolby Home Theater or Advanced Audio. However, when I install such a driver on my laptop, I do not get the Dolby Home Theater functionality or app. I've also tried editing those Thinkpad drivers' .inf file by adding my sound chip Hardware ID to the list of supported audio devices. But still I do not get Dolby Home Theater.

So, is there a way to mod those Thinkpad drivers (or some other drivers) to get Dolby Home Theater funcionality along with the Realtek Control Panel? I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

mark7, Apr 19, 2021
  4. Fox34 Win User

I cant get drivers to install

Read my guide, goes step buy step for nvidia driver install. Though I use a different driver cause I got 8 series, same method of installation

Fox34, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Cannot install drivers on my laptop - Similar Threads - Cannot install drivers

2. Cannot Install WiFi Drivers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Install WiFi Drivers: I'm trying to install a WiFi card for my PC build. I'm running Windows 10 Home 64 bit. I purchased a compatible dual band WiFi card Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I, but I'm unable to connect to install a network driver. I do not have an option to add a wireless connection in Settings,...
  3. Cannot install windows 10 on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install windows 10 on my laptop.: A while ago, my laptop began saying that windows 10 needed to be repaired. I downloaded the Windows Installation device onto a USB, put it into my laptop and begun the installation. After it was installed, I continued with the process until it was at a loading screen saying...
  4. Installing amd drivers freezes my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing amd drivers freezes my laptop: My laptop is hp Pavilion g6, i7-3632qm, 6 Gb RAM igpu is intel HD 4000 and dgpu is Radeon 7670m. After upgrading windows 8.1 to 10, the laptop doesn't detect the AMD GPU and freezes whenever at 54% when installing the drivers. I also did a clean reformat to windows 10 but...
  5. Sound drivers cannot be installed

Sound drivers cannot be installed: Good day, I have re-installed windows. Installed all of the drivers provided by my manufacturer. I cannot get the sound to work. I have tried everything I know how, and have read everything already on this forum. After installing my manufacturers driver, I get this...
  6. Cannot un-install drivers...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot un-install drivers...: To solve some windows video or audio problems, a lot of advise says to un-install the driver, and restart, and windows will re-install the correct driver. i have a desk top PC and a new Asus note book, and neither gives me the option to un-install a driver in the Device...
  7. My PC cannot perform any installation on drivers

My PC cannot perform any installation on drivers: Apologies in advance if what I say comes out disrespectfully. I have been dealing with an issue with my computer where I cannot update any drivers. I will let the PC search automatically for the updated driver software, but every time it will find it but not be able to...
  8. Cannot install mouse drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install mouse drivers: Synapse isn’t detecting a Razer Mamba Te. I think it is the driver issue so I tried to update the drivers but got an error that "Access is denied". My system runs Windows 10 HOME 1809. I don’t know how to install drivers using CMD. I also face the issue when installing...
  9. Cannot install Instagram on my laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot install Instagram on my laptop: I cannot install Instagram because I get an error message saying that I need Directx and more than 2 GB of Ram. But my Surface 2 laptop has more that 9GB free is on Directx v12....
  10. driver cannot be installed

driver cannot be installed: I have a windows 10 OS. Epson WF2760 Wireless printer. They have worked great for 4 months. I came back from holiday and now they are not working. No one has changed any settings and both items were left at home om the network. Both items are connected to the network and can...