Windows 10: Cannot install drivers on my laptop

Discus and support Cannot install drivers on my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently bought a canon printer and am trying to install the program on my windows 10 laptop. I can install the program itself, but when it starts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dill9397, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Dill9397 Win User

Cannot install drivers on my laptop

I recently bought a canon printer and am trying to install the program on my windows 10 laptop. I can install the program itself, but when it starts installing the drivers it fails and keeps telling me to start over again. I talked to a canon representative and it is 100% not the printers fault. Do I need to deactivate something for the drivers to install? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Dill9397, Apr 19, 2021
  2. CJCerny Win User

Laptop driver/reformat question

This is excellent advice. Writing down the list of installed devices prior to re-formatting will save you a lot of heartache. With that list, you won't have to try to figure out exactly which wireless card or web cam driver you need since there will likely be several to choose from.

CJCerny, Apr 19, 2021
  3. mark7 Win User
    Modding Realtek + Dolby Home Theater driver to install on any laptop

So, my laptop (Lenovo Legion Y520) uses the Realtek audio driver, which comes in combination with the Dolby Audio (DAX2) app. However, I don't like the official driver for my laptop much (distorted sound), so I would like to install a different driver. I've tried downloading the audio drivers for some of the Thinkpad models, which come bundled with Dolby Home Theater or Advanced Audio. However, when I install such a driver on my laptop, I do not get the Dolby Home Theater functionality or app. I've also tried editing those Thinkpad drivers' .inf file by adding my sound chip Hardware ID to the list of supported audio devices. But still I do not get Dolby Home Theater.

So, is there a way to mod those Thinkpad drivers (or some other drivers) to get Dolby Home Theater funcionality along with the Realtek Control Panel? I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

mark7, Apr 19, 2021
  4. Fox34 Win User

I cant get drivers to install

Read my guide, goes step buy step for nvidia driver install. Though I use a different driver cause I got 8 series, same method of installation

Fox34, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Cannot install drivers on my laptop - Similar Threads - Cannot install drivers

2. Cannot install windows on my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install windows on my laptop: Hi ,my laptop suddenly goes BIOS mode while I watch movie. After that I restart keep on go bioa mode only some more my SSD not detected in bios.so I change new ssd but my windows in old ssd only,so i need to install windows os. So I install windows creation media on 32GB USB...
  3. Cannot install windows on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install windows on my laptop: Hi ,my laptop suddenly goes BIOS mode while I watch movie. After that I restart keep on go bioa mode only some more my SSD not detected in bios.so I change new ssd but my windows in old ssd only,so i need to install windows os. So I install windows creation media on 32GB USB...
  4. Cannot install windows on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CANNOT INSTALL THE PROPER DRIVERS FOR MY PRINTERS.

CANNOT INSTALL THE PROPER DRIVERS FOR MY PRINTERS.: Cannot install the proper drivers for my printers.I have the drives on my computer but when I try to install it, the printer preference says the command cannot be completed....
  6. Cannot install drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install drivers: I've been having issues with Bluetooth speakers and now AUX cable speakers and both times I've tried to uninstall the drivers and update them only to find out that Windows can find the drivers but cannot install them. I even tried downloading the install file and manually...
  7. Cannot install drivers

Cannot install drivers: I've been having issues with Bluetooth speakers and now AUX cable speakers and both times I've tried to uninstall the drivers and update them only to find out that Windows can find the drivers but cannot install them. I even tried downloading the install file and manually...
  8. Cannot install drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Cannot install Instagram on my laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot install Instagram on my laptop: I cannot install Instagram because I get an error message saying that I need Directx and more than 2 GB of Ram. But my Surface 2 laptop has more that 9GB free is on Directx v12....
  10. driver cannot be installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    driver cannot be installed: I have a windows 10 OS. Epson WF2760 Wireless printer. They have worked great for 4 months. I came back from holiday and now they are not working. No one has changed any settings and both items were left at home om the network. Both items are connected to the network and can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cannot install drivers