Windows 10: Cannot install fonts Win10 Pro 64bit

Discus and support Cannot install fonts Win10 Pro 64bit in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since updating from Win7Pro to Win10pro, I cannot install any new fonts. I can view fonts already installed and the ones I am trying to install, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by frogen, Sep 3, 2015.

1. frogen Win User

Cannot install fonts Win10 Pro 64bit

Since updating from Win7Pro to Win10pro, I cannot install any new fonts. I can view fonts already installed and the ones I am trying to install, but when I try to install a new font, a window flashes briefly and goes away. No error message.

I've tried:

right-click install
    right-click install as shortcut
    drag to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Fonts
    I've double clicked and can preview - Install button visible and clicked install
    drag to windows\fonts folder

All produce same result - momentary window and font not installing.

I was able to capture part of the window with a screen shot. Took several tries because it disappears so quickly.

Cannot install fonts Win10 Pro 64bit [​IMG]

UAC is set to Notify only when Apps...
    Firewall is on
    Tried with AV on and off.
    Tried with Firewall off

Tried multiple different fonts, both new and already installed ones.

:)

frogen, Sep 3, 2015

2. Cannot install fonts Win10 Pro 64bit

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• 1. Go to Control Panel - clock, Language, and Region - Language - Advanced settings.

Choose English in Override for "Windows display language". (and your preferred language if it will not work)

• 2. Click on "Apply language settings to the welcome screen, system accounts..."

Click Change system locale and choose "Chinese" as I saw Chinese in Singapore Google site.

• 3. In Location tab of Region, choose a correct location.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Sep 3, 2015
  3. Cannot install fonts Win10 Pro 64bit

I have tried to do as suggested above but I still cannot install the fonts with Windows 10. There is no error message or anything. I have tried with Firewall turned on and off. The option to install fonts does not appear under File while in Fonts on
    the Control Panel. What on earth is going on? It was so easy before, just being able to drag them into the folder.

MariaZiolkowski, Sep 3, 2015
Thema:

Cannot install fonts Win10 Pro 64bit

1. Cannot install fonts Win10 Pro 64bit - Similar Threads - Cannot install fonts

2. Win10 32bit upgrade to 64bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 32bit upgrade to 64bit: Have Compaq Presario CQ61 happily running Win10 32 bit on X64 processor. Installed extra Ram and tried to reinstall Win 10 64 Bit but get message saying will not run on this device. Have tried it from USB and DVD during boot cycle but no good. Have BIOS is set to start from...
  3. win10 64bit problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win10 64bit problems: 1. can't open bios, 2. when I click help it takes me to windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-64bit-problems/0c6120c9-1a55-404c-9437-f7d5f02bda34
  4. Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1809

Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1809: Hi guys, I have an interesting problem.When trying to install Windows 10 pro 64 bit 1809 i get a error that it could not update some system components with the error code: 0xC1900101 - 0x30018 Does this error code mean i need to get updated drivers for 1 of my components?...
  5. Cannot install HAXM for Android on Windows 10 64bit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot install HAXM for Android on Windows 10 64bit: I have an Asus ROG Laptop. at the boot setup, I see the option for virtualization [ATTACH]In the system, Hyper-v is disabled, by unchecking the features and running dism.exe /Online /Disable-Feature:Microsoft-Hyper-V at PowerShell. but yet I get the installation Error...
  6. Cannot install fonts, build 17713

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot install fonts, build 17713: On one of the newest windows builds, build 17713, I cannot install any fonts anymore. I was going to install Roboto when I got an error. The error is: "The file.... does not appear to be a valid font." The files all are in .ttf format. I am logged in as an admin. I...
  7. Only MBDD in WIN10 PRO 64bits

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Only MBDD in WIN10 PRO 64bits: Hi, I upgrade win10 pro 64bits to 1709, but my ASUS built-in display card is only ATI3200. I found the display resolution can set max to 1280x1080 while my monitor should best use 1366x768. The display driver show MBDD "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" (version...
  8. Win10 Pro oem, installed as Win10 HOME

Win10 Pro oem, installed as Win10 HOME: I have an original CD with 64 bits Win 10 Pro for OEM, with a sticker with key. I did a clean installation deleted the partitions in C: I installed and see that it is the Win 10 OEM Home 1709 After instalation there were the automatic Windows updates from Microsoft....
  9. 64bit Win7 to 32bit Win10

64bit Win7 to 32bit Win10: Hi, new kid here, well not so much of a kid at 70 but am new to the forum. I have my reasons for wanting to run the 32bit version of Windows 10, and have a bunch of computers I would want to do this with. What I am trying to figure out is if I can start with a computer...
  10. Cannot install/preview any fonts at all

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot install/preview any fonts at all: Hi, there seems to be some sort of issue. I tried Google for this and found absolutely no solution. Basically, I cannot seem to install any new fonts at all. Any font I try to install or preview, I will get a message saying "Not a valid font". Now here's the strange part, if...