Windows 10: Cannot install fonts Win10 Pro 64bit

Discus and support Cannot install fonts Win10 Pro 64bit in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since updating from Win7Pro to Win10pro, I cannot install any new fonts. I can view fonts already installed and the ones I am trying to install, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by frogen, Sep 3, 2015.

1. frogen Win User

Cannot install fonts Win10 Pro 64bit

Since updating from Win7Pro to Win10pro, I cannot install any new fonts. I can view fonts already installed and the ones I am trying to install, but when I try to install a new font, a window flashes briefly and goes away. No error message.

I've tried:

right-click install
    right-click install as shortcut
    drag to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Fonts
    I've double clicked and can preview - Install button visible and clicked install
    drag to windows\fonts folder

All produce same result - momentary window and font not installing.

I was able to capture part of the window with a screen shot. Took several tries because it disappears so quickly.

Cannot install fonts Win10 Pro 64bit [​IMG]

UAC is set to Notify only when Apps...
    Firewall is on
    Tried with AV on and off.
    Tried with Firewall off

Tried multiple different fonts, both new and already installed ones.

:)

frogen, Sep 3, 2015

2. Cannot install fonts Win10 Pro 64bit

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• 1. Go to Control Panel - clock, Language, and Region - Language - Advanced settings.

Choose English in Override for "Windows display language". (and your preferred language if it will not work)

• 2. Click on "Apply language settings to the welcome screen, system accounts..."

Click Change system locale and choose "Chinese" as I saw Chinese in Singapore Google site.

• 3. In Location tab of Region, choose a correct location.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Sep 3, 2015
  3. Cannot install fonts Win10 Pro 64bit

I have tried to do as suggested above but I still cannot install the fonts with Windows 10. There is no error message or anything. I have tried with Firewall turned on and off. The option to install fonts does not appear under File while in Fonts on
    the Control Panel. What on earth is going on? It was so easy before, just being able to drag them into the folder.

MariaZiolkowski, Sep 3, 2015
Thema:

Cannot install fonts Win10 Pro 64bit

1. Cannot install fonts Win10 Pro 64bit - Similar Threads - Cannot install fonts

2. Microsoft Store uninstall and cannot install back for Win10 64bits? Need to un-install as...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store uninstall and cannot install back for Win10 64bits? Need to un-install as...: Microsoft Store uninstall and cannot install back for Win10 64bits? Need to un-install as the Apps cannot work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-uninstall-and-cannot-install-back/8f340011-e950-4677-b17a-33611f8431de
  3. Microsoft Store uninstall and cannot install back for Win10 64bits? Need to un-install as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store uninstall and cannot install back for Win10 64bits? Need to un-install as...: Microsoft Store uninstall and cannot install back for Win10 64bits? Need to un-install as the Apps cannot work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-uninstall-and-cannot-install-back/8f340011-e950-4677-b17a-33611f8431de
  4. Microsoft Store uninstall and cannot install back for Win10 64bits? Need to un-install as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot install fonts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install fonts: So, a few months ago I figure out how to install custom fonts. So I go and download some and try to install them. The first time I try to install a font, it works fine. The font appears in my font list. The second time I try, it works fine also. But when I try to install a...
  6. Cannot install fonts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install fonts: So, a few months ago I figure out how to install custom fonts. So I go and download some and try to install them. The first time I try to install a font, it works fine. The font appears in my font list. The second time I try, it works fine also. But when I try to install a...
  7. Won't boot win10 64bit after install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Won't boot win10 64bit after install: Right after win10 install when it's restarting I have a black screen which turns my monitor off and on, meaning the computer is recognising it's booting? However it just stops and repeats this process. I know there isn't a problem with my build as I am able to download and...
  8. Will a 64bit Vista driver work with 64bit Win10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Will a 64bit Vista driver work with 64bit Win10 Pro?: I have an old PCI TV tuner card ATI HDTV Wonder I'm considering buying an adapter for to use on my new PC, but it's so old the last driver they made for it was for 64bit Vista which worked with 64bit Win7. I don't want to waste money on a PCI to PCIe adapter just to use the...
  9. Win10 64bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 64bit: windows1064bit2004KB2693643 0x8024001d https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10/f9771dca-7f2b-4c91-bae2-058493d928a3
  10. Only MBDD in WIN10 PRO 64bits

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Only MBDD in WIN10 PRO 64bits: Hi, I upgrade win10 pro 64bits to 1709, but my ASUS built-in display card is only ATI3200. I found the display resolution can set max to 1280x1080 while my monitor should best use 1366x768. The display driver show MBDD "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" (version...