Windows 10: Cannot install full Office 2019 Pro from cdrom, hangs at 2%

Discus and support Cannot install full Office 2019 Pro from cdrom, hangs at 2% in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I got my new laptop, a Lenovo X1 two weeks ago. It runs Windows 10 Pro, just updated to 1903. I uninstalled the bundled Office 365 using Revo... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Randysea, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Randysea Win User

Cannot install full Office 2019 Pro from cdrom, hangs at 2%

I got my new laptop, a Lenovo X1 two weeks ago. It runs Windows 10 Pro, just updated to 1903.

I uninstalled the bundled Office 365 using Revo Uninstaller Pro. I then tried to install a full copy of Office 2019 Pro Plus from a cdrom. While installation seemed to start from Setup.exe, it hung at 2%. I heard no cdrom activity. See attached screen shot.

If I rebooted and tried again, I got a message that the installer was already running but nothing was actually happening. I stopped all the Office processes I saw in Task Manager, one being Office Click-to-Run SxS.

I tried again from the cdrom, this time using Setup (64 bit). This time it said I already had a 32 bit version of Office and did I want to install Office 2019 as 32 bit. I said ok. This time the install went to 5% and hung. I simply could not get any farther. I also have absolutely no clue how there could ever have been a 32-bit Office install on this brand new, 64-bit machine.

After doing the above, I ran Revo Uninstaller again. It didn't show any Office install. I have since used the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant. It says I have no Office installed. I have tried Disk Cleanup and CCleaner registry cleaner. I let them do whatever they wanted to cleanup. Then I ran setup.exe from the Office 2019 cdrom again and right now, I am hung again at 2%. I have attached a screen print showing several notifications and windows. One is Task Manager. It shows two Office 32 bit processes running. Again, no idea why. All I can guess is that the latest run of Setup.exe started a 32 bit install. The attached screen shot also shows Task Man.

Any suggestions?

:)

Randysea, Oct 13, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Oct 13, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Office 2019

If your still running W7 why would you purchase Office 2019? You wouldn't.

Jetster, Oct 13, 2019
  4. Cannot install full Office 2019 Pro from cdrom, hangs at 2%

Is it possible to install Office 2019 on Windows 10 without uninstalling previous versions?

Upon trying to install Office 2019 (x64 version) on Windows10 x64, it displays a message:

"System restart required.. Error Code: 30182-39 (2)"

and links to a page suggesting to restart (which I tried) and then uninstall and reinstall Office. Office 2016 is already installed (also x64 version).

It is a huge hassle to uninstall Office, especially with licensing issues. Is there a way to install 2019 without having to uninstall 2016?

Edit: 10/26:
    Thanks for the responses! To clarify, here is what is happening:

Right now, my computer only has Office 2016 Pro Plus x64 installed on it from a .iso and activation key from Microsoft.

I am trying to install Office 2019 x64, also with .iso from MS, however without uninstalling Office 2016.

Events:

1) a while ago I downloaded the "Office 2016 Pro Plus x64" .iso from Microsoft and activated it with an "alphanumeric key" from them. I don't recall for this PC specifically, but when I did the same for another PC I have, and tried activating it with an alphanumeric key, it required me to login with the same account that I had acquired the key under (you presumably have only a certain number of activates per key) to complete the activation.

2) I am not sure of whether the Office 2016 was click-to-run or MSI (it was a .iso), but I occasionally see something like "Click to run" with the Office logo next to it in the Task Manager (I presume it is updating components).

3) Given the limited number of activates per key, and no clear way to deactivate, I am concerned that if I were to uninstall Office 2016, I will have completely lost use of that single activation quota (which means if they let you install on 3 PC's and I have it installed on 3 right now, and I uninstall it on this one I'm asking about, I will not be able to reuse this key on this PC or another).

My concern about 3) is that let's say I uninstall 2016, and afterwards, I see that 2019 still can't install; however I need an MS Office installation on my PC, so then I try to re-install 2016 and then either of the following occurs:

a. 2016 installation may now give an error (resulting in there not being any Office available to me on my PC)

or b. I can no longer activate Office 2016 with the key above, as it wasn't previously deactivated and MS thinks it is already installed on the quota of PC's it had assigned to me.

Edit 10/28:

I have other Office 2016 Products (MS Project 2016 x64 for example) that aren't covered by Office365, therefore requiring a key (which has a usage quota). I'd like to install Office365 (based on feedback here) and either keep or upgrade these installations to 2019.

Perhaps I should post this as a separate question, however is there a confirmed way to deactivate these other installations (Project) such that MS knows that I can reinstall without quota issues? I saw an article that the best way is to uninstall and then use phone-activation when running into an issue if re-installation is required - however I foresee problems with that method.

user3645994, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

Cannot install full Office 2019 Pro from cdrom, hangs at 2%

1. Cannot install full Office 2019 Pro from cdrom, hangs at 2% - Similar Threads - Cannot install full

2. Upgrade from Office 2013 to 2019 troubles Part 2

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Upgrade from Office 2013 to 2019 troubles Part 2: So as I have posted earlier that upgrading from Office 2013 to 2019 doesn't go as smooth as that of 2016 to 2019 . So basically on one laptop it crashed windows beyond repair , on another it kept two copies of office leaving me worried about Outlook data if I managed to...
  3. microsoft 365 installing office pro plus 2019

microsoft 365 installing office pro plus 2019: Hello, I have registered for a free trial of microsoft 365 about 3 days ago and I used the installer in my microsoft account to download microsoft 365 but when I use the online installer, it installs microsoft office 2019 pro plus instead of Microsoft 365 and it even looks a...
  4. Online Office Pro 2019 Vendor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Online Office Pro 2019 Vendor: Hi, I'm checking to see if an online vendor is legit. The vendor is Digital Portal. The product download is: https://officecdn.microsoft.com/pr/492350f6-........................................../ProPlus2019Retail.img I've intentionally obscured part of the download...
  5. Office Pro 2019 $30.99.

Office Pro 2019 $30.99.: This popped up on FB a few minutes ago. I’m not in the market but if anybody else is help yourself. Is is too good to be true $39.99 USD? MICROSOFT OFFICE PROFESSIONAL PLUS 2019 - INSTANT DELIVERY - ORIGINAL NEW KEY CODE! 153086
  6. Office 2019 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2019 Pro: Too good to be true MICROSOFT OFFICE PROFESSIONAL PLUS 2019 - INSTANT DELIVERY - ORIGINAL NEW KEY CODE! 153086
  7. Cannot install full Office 2019 Pro from cdrom, hangs at 2%

Cannot install full Office 2019 Pro from cdrom, hangs at 2%: <p>I got my new laptop, a Lenovo X1 two weeks ago. It runs Windows 10 Pro, just updated to 1903. <br><br>I uninstalled the bundled Office 365 using Revo Uninstaller Pro. I then&nbsp; tried to install a full copy of Office 2019 Pro Plus from a cdrom. While installation seemed...
  8. installation problem in office 2019

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    installation problem in office 2019: when I am entering the product key its showing me a warning sign of wrong product key. due to which I cant move for next step in installing[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-problem-in-office-2019/90260735-c701-4ec0-a88a-8eec40a7ce24"
  9. Office 2019 install

Office 2019 install: I think by the older I get the dumber I get. Want to install parts office 2019, Word, Excel Power Point, Outlook and the office tools. I downloaded the install tool but very lost on how to use it. Has anyone tried this,maybe some help if you have time. My source of the iso...
  10. Office 2019 install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2019 install: I think by the older I get the dumber I get. Want to install parts office 2019, Word, Excel Power Point, Outlook and the office tools. I downloaded the install tool but very lost on how to use it. Has anyone tried this,maybe some help if you have time. My source of the iso...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Office pro plus installing stuck at 2%

2. office 2019 stuck at 2

3. office 2019 stuck in installing

4. office installation stuck at 2,
  5. installing office stuck at 2%,
  6. office 365 install stuck at 2