Windows 10: Cannot install games directly to hdd (dont tell me to install to c then move it do d)

Discus and support Cannot install games directly to hdd (dont tell me to install to c then move it do d) in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've tried all the guides -reinstalled app store -Ive changed where new content is saved -restarted multiple times Ive got more than enough free space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TaaRss, Nov 1, 2019.

1. TaaRss Win User

Cannot install games directly to hdd (dont tell me to install to c then move it do d)

I've tried all the guides
    -reinstalled app store
    -Ive changed where new content is saved
    -restarted multiple times

Ive got more than enough free space on the hdd yet it only detects my ssd. WHY THE ****!?

:)

TaaRss, Nov 1, 2019

2. Install a game with files on different hardrives?

no, not if there is not enough space on that drive *Big Grin Cannot install games directly to hdd (dont tell me to install to c then move it do d) :D

slyfox2151, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Cannot install games directly to hdd (dont tell me to install to c then move it do d) ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Nov 1, 2019
  4. Melvis Win User

Cannot install games directly to hdd (dont tell me to install to c then move it do d)

Install a game with files on different hardrives?

Ummm cant you just tell it to install to it? While its installing select advanced install and tell it to install there? All my games are installed on another HDD not C: Drive.

Melvis, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot install games directly to hdd (dont tell me to install to c then move it do d) - Similar Threads - Cannot install games

2. Laptop telling me No audio installed; cannot access audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop telling me No audio installed; cannot access audio: I used winzip utility to update drivers. And now I have no audio. My laptop windows 11 tells me I have no audio installed. Device manager shows the RealTech drivers I think??! Troubleshooting doesn't work cause it says I have no audio device. And at one point a few days ago...
  3. Laptop telling me No audio installed; cannot access audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop telling me No audio installed; cannot access audio: I used winzip utility to update drivers. And now I have no audio. My laptop windows 11 tells me I have no audio installed. Device manager shows the RealTech drivers I think??! Troubleshooting doesn't work cause it says I have no audio device. And at one point a few days ago...
  4. game pass just wont let me install games tell me to install gaming services but I've tried...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game pass just wont let me install games tell me to install gaming services but I've tried...: Ive had this issue for months i've sat on support chats for hours and nothing seems to work I just want to be able to play my games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-pass-just-wont-let-me-install-games-tell-me/02a8cbbd-4059-462f-8a10-21ec3db7f60a
  5. game pass just wont let me install games tell me to install gaming services but I've tried...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    game pass just wont let me install games tell me to install gaming services but I've tried...: Ive had this issue for months i've sat on support chats for hours and nothing seems to work I just want to be able to play my games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-pass-just-wont-let-me-install-games-tell-me/02a8cbbd-4059-462f-8a10-21ec3db7f60a
  6. Help with installing games to D drive instead of C.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help with installing games to D drive instead of C.: Yesterday I purchased the Xbox Game pass ultimate for PC. I only have the option to install games onto my C drive, but there's not enough space on it. Whenever I try to install games on my D drive it states, "This location isn't set up for installing games.Set it as your...
  7. cant install games on D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant install games on D: hello so i cant install games on D i think its because the games are already installed on D:\WindowsApps but the store doesnt detect them and i cant even delte them form there so yeah i need help...
  8. I cannot install a game in the drive D:\

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cannot install a game in the drive D:\: I just recently bought a game from the App Store and I cannot install it. I did some research and I found that I have to delete or rename the folder: D:\WindowsApps I did it but when I try to install again the folder is re created empty and nothing else happen. Also I give...
  9. Switching Game download and install from C to D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Switching Game download and install from C to D drive: i recently bought sea of theives from the microsoft store and when it updated it came to my attention the game installed into the c drive not the d which is much bigger.. its telling me i have to clear up space but there is not the space to be cleared on c i need to know how...
  10. Application Installed On C: To D:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Application Installed On C: To D:: Hello, I have 48 out of 103 GB on my C drive but I have 930 GB free on my D drive. If I installed an application on my C drive but wanted to use the storage on the D drive, can I just transfer that application's files to the D drive? Could the application get corrupted? Or...