Windows 10: Cannot install HEIC image extensions

Discus and support Cannot install HEIC image extensions in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, I am having trouble getting the HEIC image extensions to install to my PC. On selecting this app from the Microsoft store, I clicked on the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Michael Quinlivan, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Cannot install HEIC image extensions

Hi,

I am having trouble getting the HEIC image extensions to install to my PC. On selecting this app from the Microsoft store, I clicked on the Install button, and selected the two PCs I want to install them on. Nothing happens. The Install button is now greyed out but it hasn't been installed to my PC (it is not listed in the Apps installed under Settings. WHy is this not working?

Cannot install HEIC image extensions 5fd7d32f-94f3-42f6-b57e-de297bb3a62a?upload=true.png

:)

Michael Quinlivan, Mar 3, 2019
  2. suedama Win User

HEIC file viewing

I have the HEIC Image extensions and the HEVC video extensions on my Windows 10 PC but the TWINUI application will still not open the HEIC file. Any suggestions?

I have tried converting it to JPG using the APowersoft application but it downloads the file to a location that does not seem to exist on my PC - "...Users/[user name]\AppData\temp...

Thanks.

suedama, Mar 3, 2019
  3. HEIC file viewing

Hi suedama,

My name is Douglas and I am an Independent Advisor. I would like to help you. Let's try to install the following extension, please:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/heif-image-ex...

"To open the HEIC image, go to the Windows store link to get the HEIF extension here.

View HEIC & HEVC files on Windows 10 Photos app

Click on the Install button to install the HEIF codec.

It is important to note that, users would be needed to install both HEIF extension as well as HEVC extension to view images and play videos, as, HEIF files with HEIC file extension are compressed using HEVC format. It is mandatory to install both the extension
    and installing a HEIC file extension alone without HEVC extension would fail to view .HEIC files images"

More details here:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/view-heic-hevc-f...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Let me know, please. kinds Regards

DouglasMillar69, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Cannot install HEIC image extensions

HEIC

Hi Edward,

We need more information about your concern. Are you trying to convert and open other image format to HEIC? If yes, a certain program will be needed to open that kind of file, we suggest checking the Windows Store for programs that can convert other image
    format to HEIC. Make sure to download the program with the highest rating and good reviews.

Regards.

Radney Dri, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Cannot install HEIC image extensions

1. Cannot install HEIC image extensions - Similar Threads - Cannot install HEIC

2. Finding heic extensions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Finding heic extensions: I have downloaded the heic software; however, my computer does not look for heic extendions. When I search a folder for photos it only looks for the jpg type extensions. How do I ask my computer to also look for heic?...
  3. Finding heic extensions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Finding heic extensions: I have downloaded the heic software; however, my computer does not look for heic extendions. When I search a folder for photos it only looks for the jpg type extensions. How do I ask my computer to also look for heic?...
  4. Finding heic extensions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HEIC images fuzzy using HEIF image extensions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HEIC images fuzzy using HEIF image extensions: iphone has moved to using HEIC for the image format so now they have to be converted before you can view them on a PC. I have downloaded the HEIF Image Extensions app by Microsoft from the App Store but when I use it although the thumbnails I can view look fine when I open...
  6. .heic image compatibility not working

.heic image compatibility not working: I have installed the utility to allow Windows 10 to support the .heic files from an iPhone but the Photos app still cannot open some of them. Either it brings up a message that the file type is not supported or it just shows a blank window. Occasionally when I step into...
  7. I still can't view HEIC files despite installing Microsoft HEIF Image Extensions from the...

I still can't view HEIC files despite installing Microsoft HEIF Image Extensions from the...: I still can't view HEIC files despite installing Microsoft HEIF Image Extensions from the Microsoft Store, I try all solutions but no way! always i get We can't open this file. without writing any cause or suggestions. [ATTACH]...
  8. HEIC images from IPhone

HEIC images from IPhone: I installed the HEIF-extension but still i can´t open imagefiles from my IPhone with the .HEIC extention. Can´t see how to uninstall for reinstallation. Is there sombody who can help?...
  9. HEIC EXTENSION

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    HEIC EXTENSION: Downloaded pictures from an IPhone7 to an HP but can't view pictures because it has an HEIC extension, help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heic-extension/785dba60-c0a0-4883-b409-cdc4c929c5fa"
  10. I still can't view HEIC files despite installing Microsoft HEIF Image Extensions from the...

I still can't view HEIC files despite installing Microsoft HEIF Image Extensions from the...: I installed the Microsoft HEIF Image Extensions and the Video extension too from the Microsoft Store, but when I try to open my HEIC photos it comes up with "Download codecs from Microsoft store"... Is there a fix?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. heif image extensions

2. heif image extensions wont install

3. heif image extension wont install

4. heif image extensions windows 10 download msi,
  5. uninstall heif image extensions,
  6. heif image extensions stuck on downloading,
  7. heif and hevc media extensions wont install,
  8. heif image extensions download,
  9. nu vot,
  10. heif image extensions cannot install,
  11. uninstall heif image extensions windows 10,