Windows 10: Cannot install HP Smart, an app needed for my new HP printer. I get error code:...

Discus and support Cannot install HP Smart, an app needed for my new HP printer. I get error code:... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Cannot install HP Smart, an app needed for my new HP printer. I get error code: 0x80070005. I tried to block the firewall. That did not work. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DeenaFischer1, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Cannot install HP Smart, an app needed for my new HP printer. I get error code:...

Cannot install HP Smart, an app needed for my new HP printer. I get error code: 0x80070005. I tried to block the firewall. That did not work. I tried downloading all new windows updates. That did not work.Also, strange, this computer does not allow me to use Zoom. I can for a few minutes, then the whole computer crashes with a blue screen and a :-. But my problem now is I think i have to either throw away this laptop or return the printer because I need to download HP Smart to make the printer work but i can't.Thank you

:)

DeenaFischer1, Nov 30, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

HP SMART app - crash

Hi Blair,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• Were there any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, you may try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below and check if it works:

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 30, 2021
  3. JoeFX Win User
    Setup of HP Officejet 9015e failing because HP Smart App does not open

Thanks for the suggestion, Denis.
    I had read that suggestion when I was reading around earlier. I went to the hp site, drivers & downloads, but could not specifically find this "full-solution" software (am I blind?). What I did find, when clicked to download, it linked me back to the HP Smart page. Possibly with the Smart App installed, it will automatically link you to it. I will go ahead, uninstall the Smart App and re-try something from the hp page. Will report back my results ASAP.

OK -- I'm back.
    Removed the Smart App via Settings.
    Back on the hp site, downloads & drivers I found 4 things:
    1) Driver product Installation software. Looks like this installs the Smart App. No thanks.
    2) HP Universal Fax driver. Not planning on faxing much of anything, so I think not this.
    3) Firmware Update. Is this needed?
    4) HP Easy Start Printer Setup Software.

#4 looks like the best bet here on this page. Is this correct? Is this the Full solution software you mentioned?

JoeFX, Nov 30, 2021
  4. Berton Win User

Cannot install HP Smart, an app needed for my new HP printer. I get error code:...

Setup of HP Officejet 9015e failing because HP Smart App does not open

I have 2 HP printers, LaserJet Pro MFP M148 and OfficeJet Pro 9015, see issues for Smart so have removed it from 4 Desktops and a few Notebooks. Most of my needs are satisfied by programs and for scanning I use Windows Fax and Scan if a program can't, only needs the HP drivers. Part of what Smart wants is to set up an account and I pass on that. On one Desktop Smart only went to a blank page.

Berton, Nov 30, 2021
Thema:

Cannot install HP Smart, an app needed for my new HP printer. I get error code:...

1. Cannot install HP Smart, an app needed for my new HP printer. I get error code:... - Similar Threads - Cannot install Smart

2. Cannot re-download HP Smart app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot re-download HP Smart app: I have previously downloaded the HP Smart app. However, it was having a huge number of issues. I had tried all other troubleshooting options before having to resort to uninstalling and reinstalling it. It is now stuck at 4% downloaded and refuses to download any more. I have...
  3. Installing HP Smart App on PC

Installing HP Smart App on PC: Hi,I have been trying to install the HP Smart App on my PC but the install keeps failing and providing the following code "Code: 0x80070002"I am not tech savvy and have tried everything that I can think of, but nothing is working. I also note that it says that the problem is...
  4. Installing HP Smart App on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing HP Smart App on PC: Hi,I have been trying to install the HP Smart App on my PC but the install keeps failing and providing the following code "Code: 0x80070002"I am not tech savvy and have tried everything that I can think of, but nothing is working. I also note that it says that the problem is...
  5. Installing HP Smart App on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Cannot install HP Smart, an app needed for my new HP printer. I get error code:...

Cannot install HP Smart, an app needed for my new HP printer. I get error code:...: Cannot install HP Smart, an app needed for my new HP printer. I get error code: 0x80070005. I tried to block the firewall. That did not work. I tried downloading all new windows updates. That did not work.Also, strange, this computer does not allow me to use Zoom. I can for a...
  7. Cannot install HP Smart, an app needed for my new HP printer. I get error code:...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install HP Smart, an app needed for my new HP printer. I get error code:...: Cannot install HP Smart, an app needed for my new HP printer. I get error code: 0x80070005. I tried to block the firewall. That did not work. I tried downloading all new windows updates. That did not work.Also, strange, this computer does not allow me to use Zoom. I can for a...
  8. HP Smart smart app uninstalled

HP Smart smart app uninstalled: Hello I have uninstalled the HP Smart app from my PC and I want to install a app to use in printer to scan the HP app goes through the complete installation but at the end it still wants me to install HP Smart I have 2 different printers I use 1 a HP LaserJet printer only...
  9. Cannot download HP Smart app in Microsoft Store - keep getting error code 0x800u3cfb

Cannot download HP Smart app in Microsoft Store - keep getting error code 0x800u3cfb: I purchased a new HP LaserJet printer this week. On one of two Windows 10 laptops I am encountering a recurring issue trying to download the HP Smart app. It appears to download about 585KB out of about 130MB total package and then stop, reporting this error: [ATTACH] If...
  10. hp smart app

hp smart app: I am unable to install hp smart app from Store. It was not scanning so I deleted it and now I cannot reload it. When I click on install it says "you already own this app" and then does nothing. I have tried looking for it on HP page but I just keep getting sent back to MS...