Windows 10: Cannot install iTunes

Discus and support Cannot install iTunes in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Can't download and install iTunes. Trying to download iTunes on my Windows 10 machine. The only option appears to be from the Microsoft store (I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by MichaelSojka, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Cannot install iTunes

Can't download and install iTunes.

Trying to download iTunes on my Windows 10 machine.

The only option appears to be from the Microsoft store (I used to download directly from Apple but appears as if I can't do this anymore).

I choose 'GET' and the button that says 'install' is greyed out and right above it says 'You own this product'.

Unless I'm missing something very obvious, I do not have iTunes installed on my machine. I searched for iTunes in explorer, I looked in every folder on my PC and there is nothing that resembles iTunes anywhere. I tried logging out of my Microsoft account and logging back in and it didn't work. Tried rebooting the computer a few time and no luck.

Thank you.

:)

MichaelSojka, Dec 26, 2018
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

iTunes installation + Other installation that have occured

It seems that there's a problem with that particular link. Anyhow, here are some steps that you can try and see if it resolves the issue:

• Disable your third-party antivirus.
    • Install iTunes as administrator.
    • Update your Windows.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Visit Apple forums to check for suggestions.

Update us with the results of these steps.

Ramon Imp, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Cannot install iTunes

Hello,

What version of Windows are you using?

Did you follow the steps for uninstalling iTunes? If not, do so now.

Right click on Start > Select Control Panel > Uninstall Programs

Uninstall all of these applications

• iTunes Software
    • Quicktime
    • Apple Software Update
    • Apple Mobile Support
    • Bonjour (especially Bonjour, the most problematic and most difficult component to remove properly! )
    • Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)
    • iPhone (if you have it loaded)
    • and anything else related to iTunes — that’s the tough part where you need to be very careful
    iTunes should be uninstalled in this process of elimination. Reboot the computer.

To install iTunes, follow these steps.

Step one - download the icloud control panel (do not install yet)

Step two - Run the installer as an administrator by right clicking the installer and running as administrator

Step three - after the install finishes, DO NOT reboot

Step four - run the apple software update program and install iTunes from there.

Step five - Reboot, and enjoy

Smittychat., Dec 26, 2018
  4. Cannot install iTunes

installing itunes error

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know are you installing the iTunes form apple official store or third party website?

If you are installing form third party website, I would recommend you to download and install iTunes form apple store official website. If you are still unable to install iTunes, I suggest you to register the Windows installer and let us know the status.
    Follow the below steps to register Windows installer:

• Press Windows key + X and then click on run as administrator.

• At the command prompt type each of the commands below and after typing each command press enter.

msiexec /unreg

msiexec /regserver
    Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

Cannot install iTunes

1. Cannot install iTunes - Similar Threads - Cannot install iTunes

2. installing itunes

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    installing itunes: I am trying to download itunes from microsoft. I get the following error message: It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account. I am clueless, any idea how to proceed....
  3. Install ITUNES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install ITUNES: I can not download itunes on my windows 10. Where do you want to install? It looks like you don’t have any applicable devices linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device with your Microsoft account. This is the message I had. What does it mean....
  4. Cannot install Itunes from the Microsoft store

Cannot install Itunes from the Microsoft store: I wanted to update my Ifone but cannot get the app from the store it justs keeps reporting an error, This has been plague my for months now Come on Microsoft get your heads in gear and find a fix for this problem nothing I do appears to work...
  5. Cannot install iTunes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install iTunes in Windows 10: Something happened after the last major windows update and it effected itunes and other apple windows programs. When I attempt to reinstall iTunes, after running through the installation routine, I get an error message, "The older version of Apple Software Update cannot...
  6. just cannot install itunes

just cannot install itunes: I've had to remove itunes and somehow cannot reinstall it from windows store. apple has removed a way to install it manually and the store app is just simply not installing it. what to do?...
  7. itunes install

itunes install: I just got a new laptop running windows 10 and can't get iTunes to install. Has anyone encountered this before? Thanks, Dean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/itunes-install/1b1cc32a-eb1b-4853-b0e0-da9a8634d037
  8. I cannot install iTunes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot install iTunes: So I tried to install iTunes from Microsoft Store but it failed. This was the error: [ATTACH] But when I clicked Open Programs and Features, I didn't find any apple programs in there. [ATTACH] I did try several solutions offered in web but still couldn't install it....
  9. Itunes not installing.

Itunes not installing.: itunes is not installing, uninstalling and reinstalling. A pop-up comes where the file *.msi is not located along with it's path. earlier wi-fi syncing on my apple devices wasn't fuctiong correctly, too.. I have a windows 10 pro 32-bit(free installed) OS on my lenovo laptop....
  10. itunes will not install

itunes will not install: [img] [img] [img] [img] Hi everyone trying to install iTunes, keep getting these error messages, can anyone please help. Regards 60894