Windows 10: Cannot Install KB3081444 Due To Other Pending and Failed Updates

Discus and support Cannot Install KB3081444 Due To Other Pending and Failed Updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Starting yesterday, Windows kept trying, and failing, to install updates for my Viewsonic VX2250 series monitor and a Microsoft Wireless Router Moudule... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Not Myself, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Cannot Install KB3081444 Due To Other Pending and Failed Updates

Starting yesterday, Windows kept trying, and failing, to install updates for my Viewsonic VX2250 series monitor and a Microsoft Wireless Router Moudule (whatever that is.)

A while ago, KB3081444 was added to the list of updates ready to install, so I chose to install then. The process started, but partway through, Windows said that the update had failed, and it was removing the changes. That message would seem to refer to KB3081444; that is, it appears as though the install of KB3081444 had begun, but then the process failed due to the other updates, the ones that failed to install when they were the only ones pending. (That conclusion is, obviously, just a guess on my part.)

I tried a second time, with the same failure, and now Windows has added an update for an Epson Workforce 845 printer. I spoke with Epson, and was advised that, though they have released a driver for Windows 10, it is buggy.

This leaves me in a quandary; I would like to install the KB update, but I cannot due to the other updates that Windows insists on trying and failing to install.

What can I do to bypass all but the KB install?

The Next Day:

1. I found a MS program that allows you to hide unwanted updates to Windows 10, wushowhide.diagcab, and after a few gyrations, was down to only having KB301444 showing as an update.

2. It still would not install, so I entered into an on-line chat with MS Support. I am sure the agent was acting in good faith, but without going into details, I ended up with a non-functioning computer. I had never used a rescue disk that can be created in the Windows system image backup module; suffice it to say that, with only a few problems found so far, that worked by using a Restore Point.

3. One problem is now that the KB will not even download, giving Error 0x80073701. I could not find any links to that for Windows 10 during a brief search, but suspect it is related to something that the restore point process indicated about not every file having been restored. I ran sfc /scannow three times, nothing found.

And Finally:

A short while ago, after I restarted the computer, I checked for updates, which gave me KB3081444. Without much hope, I clicked on Restart. Soon, the screen showed the normal information about preparing, etc.; after it got to 30%, it issued a restart command, and after the usual strange black screens, instead of telling me that the installation could not be completed, I got a second updating screen, followed by my being able to unlock the computer.

Once the startup was mostly complete, I checked the update history. Success!

Now, why, after three restarts, does Search not work, giving just a black rectangle?

:)

Not Myself, Aug 18, 2015

2. Cannot Install KB3081444 Due to Other Uninstallable Updates

Starting yesterday, Windows kept trying, and failing, to install updates for my Viewsonic VX2250 series monitor and a Microsoft Wireless Router Moudule (whatever that is.)

A while ago, KB3081444 was added to the list of updates ready to install, so I chose to install it. The process started, but partway through the restart Windows said that the update had failed, and it was removing the changes. That message would seem to
    refer to KB3081444; that is, it appears as though the install of KB3081444 had begun, but then the process failed due to the other updates, the ones that failed to install when they were the only ones pending. (That conclusion is, obviously, just a guess on
    my part.)

I tried a second time, with the same failure, and now Windows has added an update for an Epson Workforce 845 printer. I spoke with Epson, and was advised that, though they have released a driver for Windows 10, it is buggy.

This leaves me in a quandary; I would like to install the KB update, but I cannot due to the other updates that Windows insists on trying and failing to install.

What can I do to bypass all but the KB install?

GawainTheGreenGiant, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Cannot Install KB3081444 Due to Other Uninstallable Updates

Thank you for the well-written reply.

1. I found the MS .cab file to hide the unwanted, and quite likely spurious, updates. For example, ViewSonic has informed me that there are no updates for my monitor, despite Windows 10 Updates offering that several times, and never being able to install
    the apparently non-existent update.

2. I ran the Windows Update Troubleshooter, which did find some problems. I then tried to install KC3081444, with the same untoward result of a screen saying words to the effect that we could not finish the install, so we are resetting your computer. No
    specific MS error numbers have ever appeared during my multiple installation attempts.

3. I then downloaded and ran the MS reset program, which also found and corrected errors, but the update again failed.

4. I have the stand-alone version of KB3081444: Is it safe to try installing this?

5. Unanswerable question: Does this contretemps bode poorly for future updates, or is it something specific to this KB?

GawainTheGreenGiant, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

Cannot Install KB3081444 Due To Other Pending and Failed Updates

1. Cannot Install KB3081444 Due To Other Pending and Failed Updates - Similar Threads - Cannot Install KB3081444

2. Forever Installing update meaning all others are pending

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forever Installing update meaning all others are pending: I've tried all the internet solutions I can find. I've cleared the downloads in the software cache, I've tried safe mode, the troubleshooter and other things and still I have this problem. Essentially I have the "Microsoft - Printer - 9/10/2018 12:00:00 AM - 11.40.32.963"...
  3. KB3081444 does not install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB3081444 does not install: [img] So yeah. Still having issues after System Restore (taken immediately after installation). WindowsUpdate.log attached. Anyone? 17719
  4. any real fixes failed KB3081444

any real fixes failed KB3081444: are there any real fixes for failed KB3081444 that work ,with out all the bs 19226
  5. Update KB3081444 won't download

Update KB3081444 won't download: Hi all, i have a genuine activated Windows 10 . But my update is just stuck at Downloading 0% . What is the issue there? is it my antivirus? I have AVG Internet Security 2015 18827
  6. Windows update says "Waiting for download?" KB3081444

Windows update says "Waiting for download?" KB3081444: Hello, I'm having an all day issue so far and it's kind of getting frustrating. I like to stay up to date on my Windows updates and check for them almost daily and noticed I had a couple updates today. When I started up my computer today, it said that it was in progress for 2...
  7. Cumulative Update KB3081444: Success!

Cumulative Update KB3081444: Success!: Microsoft just released cumulative update KB3081444, and after the reboot loop and uninstall error from KB3081424, KB3081436 and KB3081438, the latest finally installed without issue on my machine. Try checking for updates now, as it just came across. Hopefully most won't...
  8. Kb3081444

Kb3081444: should i install KB3081444 because it gave me problems last time? 19104
  9. KB3081441 or KB3081444 Update Causing Shutdown Hang

KB3081441 or KB3081444 Update Causing Shutdown Hang: I'm not sure which update it was, but both KB3081441 & KB3081444 installed on the August 19th and now my laptop doesn't want to turn all the way off on shut down. It will do a restart normally, but I have to hold down the power button to force it to completely power down, and...
  10. (KB3081444) - Failed 0x80246008

(KB3081444) - Failed 0x80246008: Hello there, First, I should mention that, no english. We'll try to explain my problem with translation. 1 week, as I mentioned in the title, I receive this error. I tried but could not get Microsoft to fix tool solution. With standalone installer (KB3081444) update I tried...
Tags: