Windows 10: Cannot install major updates on Windows 10 Version 1909 Build 18373.720

Discus and support Cannot install major updates on Windows 10 Version 1909 Build 18373.720 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cannot install any of the latest major updates on PC with Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 Build 18373.720 The last successful update was the March 12... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LFanchette42, May 17, 2020.

1. Cannot install major updates on Windows 10 Version 1909 Build 18373.720

I cannot install any of the latest major updates on PC with Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 Build 18373.720

The last successful update was the March 12 KB4551762.

I have tried to install the following updates

March 24 KB4541335 Error 0x80070003

March 30 KB4554364 Error 0x80070005

April 14 KB4539951 Error Unknown

April 21 KB4550945 Error 0x80070005

May 12 KB4556799 Error 0x80070003

I have tried the folllowing

"""

Repair Windows 10
    • Press Windows Key + R
    • Type powershell in the run command line and press CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER to gain administrative access
    • Wait for the "PS C:\WINDOWS\System32>" to show up, copy and paste the following script and hit enter: sfc /scannow
    • After the scan is finished, run this command: Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth

Reset Windows Update Cache:
    • Press Windows Key + R
    • Type PowerShell in the run command line and press CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER to gain administrative access
    • Wait for the "PS C:\WINDOWS\System32>" to show up, copy and paste the following script and hit enter:
    Set-Service -Name wuauserv -StartupType Automatic
    Set-Service -Name BITS -StartupType Automatic
    Set-Service -Name cryptSvc -StartupType Automatic
    Set-Service -Name UsoSvc -StartupType Automatic
    Set-Service -Name trustedinstaller -StartupType Automatic
    Stop-Service wuauserv
    Stop-Service BITS
    Stop-Service cryptSvc
    Stop-Service trustedinstaller
    Stop-Service UsoSvc
    Rename-Item C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution.oldFolder
    Rename-Item C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 C:\Windows\System32\catroot2.oldFolder
    Start-Service wuauserv
    Start-Service BITS
    Start-Service cryptSvc
    Start-Service trustedinstaller
    Start-Service UsoSvc
    Start-Service msiserver
    Get-Service wuauserv Select-Object -Property Name, Status
    Get-Service BITS Select-Object -Property Name, Status
    Get-Service cryptSvc Select-Object -Property Name, Status
    Get-Service trustedinstaller Select-Object -Property Name, Status
    Get-Service UsoSvc Select-Object -Property Name, Status
    Get-Service msiserver Select-Object -Property Name, Status

Clear Windows Update temp files
    • Go to Settings
    • Click System
    • Click Storage
    • Select Temporary Files
    • Wait for the list of Temporary files to show up and select Windows Update Cleanup
    • Select Remove Files

Repair Windows Update Registry Key
    • Go to: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_AVArJY_lvtY4...
    • Click download download button located at top-left
    • Install the WindowsUpdateRegistryFix.reg file and accept the UAC prompt
    • Restart the PC
    • After the restart, click Windows + R and type services.msc to open the Services App
    • Locate the "Windows Update" service and the "Background Intelligent Transfer Service"
    • Kindly START the two services if the status is stopped or RESTART if the status is Running

Windows Update from Administrator Account
    • Press Windows Key + R
    • Type cmd in the run command line and press CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER to gain administrative access
    • Wait for the "C:\WINDOWS\System32>" to show up, copy and paste the following dos command and hit enter:net user administrator /active:yes
    this command will activate the default Administrator user account which is hidden in Windows 10
    • Sign out from your existing user account and sign in with the Administrator account
    • Run Windows Update from there
    • To hide the Administrator account, sign out from the Administrator account and log back in from your original user account
    • Do the same step how to enable it and the command to use is: net user administrator /active:no

"""

And the following

Rebuilt Windows Update and deleted Windows Update Cache.

I have also run DISM and then SFC and re-booted.

Then tried to run all above updates. Only one update came up as already installed. All others either failed when run or appeared to run and when asked to reboot it only got to 7% before restarting PC. have noted that the first time on shutdown, the update should reach 30% before re-booting and then completing the update to 100%. All those that got to the restart stage only reached 7% before apparently failing.

Can someone please help? I have not run an inplace non-destructive upgrade.

There are scores of others out there with the same issue and apart from these generic suggestions I have not seen one person come back saying they have fixed the problem and been able to update.

Thank you in advance.

:)

LFanchette42, May 17, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Next Major Windows 10 Update Named "Spring Creators Update"

The next Windows 10 service pack major update has been named "Spring Creators Update." Windows Insider Program users toying with Build 17618 of the operating system spotted a listing of all the major updates of Windows 10 known to the build, when running "Get-VMHostSupportedVersion" in Power Shell. The last entry reads "Microsoft Windows 10 Spring Creators Update 1803." The version number (1803 in this case), often coincides with the public release date of the update. The Fall Creators Update 1709, released in 2017-09 (September) to Insiders. Going by that convenion, Spring Creators Update could see a "branded" Insider preview build this month, 2018-03 (March), with a public release usually 3-4 weeks after, presumably before Summer kicks in.

Cannot install major updates on Windows 10 Version 1909 Build 18373.720 pEBOXRTl55rNtJHh_thm.jpg

btarunr, May 17, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, May 17, 2020
  4. Cannot install major updates on Windows 10 Version 1909 Build 18373.720

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Cannot install major updates on Windows 10 Version 1909 Build 18373.720

1. Cannot install major updates on Windows 10 Version 1909 Build 18373.720 - Similar Threads - Cannot install major

2. cannot clean install windows 10 builds after 1909

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot clean install windows 10 builds after 1909: I have a major problem.AFter i create a bootable pendrive and set it to boot prority my pc just doest enter the windows set up screen instead after showing motherboard logo it just restarts.I cant enter the windows set up screen which usually appears.Its the same with windows...
  3. cannot clean install windows 10 builds after 1909

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot clean install windows 10 builds after 1909: I have a major problem.AFter i create a bootable pendrive and set it to boot prority my pc just doest enter the windows set up screen instead after showing motherboard logo it just restarts.I cant enter the windows set up screen which usually appears.Its the same with windows...
  4. cannot clean install windows 10 builds after 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Doing updates of Version 1909 Build 18363.959

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Doing updates of Version 1909 Build 18363.959: When finished and rebooting then checking again getting this notification: [img] So far the Upgrade to 2004 is working fine. 160900
  6. windows update version 1909 will not install

windows update version 1909 will not install: this the 3rd time that I tried to install version 1909 of windows 10 and it is failing all the time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-version-1909-will-not-install/800d647b-834a-4063-a326-5a7b52340397
  7. 1909 build of windows 10 will not install.

1909 build of windows 10 will not install.: I can't update to the 1909 build, no matter what I do. The previous 1903 build gave me the option of choosing a time/date, which I did, & then it promptly disappeared as an option! When the 1909 came along, I hit update now... and after hours & hours, it shut itself off,...
  8. Install Windows 10 update version 1909

Install Windows 10 update version 1909: I attempted to install Windows 10 update version 1909. It downloaded successfully and started to install but it only reached 90% when it stopped for approximately 9 hours. At that point I aborted the installation and reverted to version 1809. PC is a Lenovo H30-00, IntelR...
  9. Windows 10 update version 1909 OS Build 18363.535

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update version 1909 OS Build 18363.535: After the latest update for version 1909 I can't get the printers to print from the print queue. I have updated the printer firmware and software to the latest version. I have done all the other suggestion's like turn off printers and back on and did the windows...
  10. Lenovo 720 Wifi Issue after update to Windows 10 (version 1909) - have already tried...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lenovo 720 Wifi Issue after update to Windows 10 (version 1909) - have already tried...: Hoping someone can help with this. After installing the update to Windows 10 version 1909, the Wifi says it's connecting to our router, but that there's no internet (everything else in house is connected, so that's not really the issue). We have already: 1. Run the...