Windows 10: Cannot install many antivirus softwares.

Discus and support Cannot install many antivirus softwares. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a trouble in installing avast, AVG, Malwarebytes. Somehow Kaspersky can be installed. When I try to install avast/AVG/Malwarebytes,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by maverick6664, May 10, 2017.

1. Cannot install many antivirus softwares.

Hi all,
    I have a trouble in installing avast, AVG, Malwarebytes. Somehow Kaspersky can be installed.
    When I try to install avast/AVG/Malwarebytes, alert appears saying running this program is blocked by Administrator which is me. And the certification for the software is not appropriate. So I don't know what to do. Anyone please help me.

Thanks in advance!

:)

maverick6664, May 10, 2017

2. Several problems after windows 10 install

I would like to talk to support... since this was installed, the system is slow, login to most websites which I use for work are not working, it uninstalled my antivirus, ( Not with permission) and installed a windows antivirus which I cannot access, and
    it also uninstalled my camera software which is needed for work. Cannot upload documents ( needed for work) and so many many more issues. Can't even find the control panel and system maintenance places so I can clean the computer of cookies etc. I am sooooo
    Ticked off. Especially about the antivirus thing.Please send me a number to speak with Microsoft support

RebeccaTerakedis, May 10, 2017
  3. "Something went wrong" error on updating apps from the Windows Store

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the reply.

Many a times a third party antivirus software might conflict the installation or update of apps. I suggest you to disable Antivirus and security-related products, if you have any Antivirus installed for (Free) uninstall it, if not then disable the
    Antivirus, try again to update and check if issue is resolved.

Disclaimer: Antivirus software helps protecting your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it
    to install other software and\or troubleshoot any pertinent issue, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you are connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to malware attacks.

Hope this helps to update the apps. Do keep us posted.

Pawan Dhondiyal, May 10, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Cannot install many antivirus softwares.

if you do a full scan with Kaspersky does it find anything?

Samuria, May 10, 2017
  5. Oops. Kaspersky gave an error message while installing.
    It says "The application was not installed. Your computer may be infected by viruses."

6. maverick6664, May 10, 2017
  7. Finally I did it!

Run certmgr as Administrator, and remove AVG, Avast, Avira, Malwarebytes or other necessary certificates from "untrusted certificates". I removed all the certificates.

8. simrick Win User

Hi.
    That's great. But which are you going to install? Avast, AVG, Avira or Kaspersky? Because you only want one AV running. If you have more than one, they tend to cause problems and cancel each other out. Malwarebytes is okay to add, because that's anti-malware, and plays nice with your selected AV.

simrick, May 10, 2017
  9. Hi,

I wanted to install Avast and Malwarebytes. Since these softwares are nuisance to upgrade Windows 10 build (I am an insider), I often install and uninstall these softwares. These softwares can stop Windows Update when upgrading Windows 10 build. Very weird and annoying.

I like Avast, because it supports boot time scan.

As a result, Avast detected no virus, and Malwarebytes removed 4 malwares and 72 PUPs.

Thank you very much.

EDIT: I think I know why I encountered this trouble. I downloaded Scribbles.zip which WikiLeaks claims CIA had made, and build it and launch the .exe some times. It was not nuisance at first, but I suspect it should have caused this trouble.*Cool

10. simrick Win User
    I like Avast as well, for a free AV. Windows Defender is probably the best if you're going to be on Insider though. It also has an offline scan now.
    Windows Defender Offline Scan in Windows 10 Windows 10 Security System Tutorials

Scribbles.zip? *Huh hmmm....yes, probably not a good idea.

Do you make regular images (with Macrium Reflect Free)?

EDIT: What did MBAM detect for the 4 malwares?

simrick, May 10, 2017
  11. Hi,

I usually rely on Windows Defender as you say. Once in a while I install avast or AVG plus Malwarebytes to overhaul the computer and uninstall them as soon as the scan has finished. I tested scribble.exe, but it didn't move the certificates....hmm anyway it's a kind of virus, so I don't touch it usually.

I forgot the 4 malwares Malwarebytes detected. I didn't know the names.

I don't make or edit images myself, but enjoy animal (puppies in general) images on Twitter.

12. simrick Win User
    Oh sorry - I should explain better; please forgive me.

Macrium Reflect Free is a software which can make "snapshots" (or images, as they call them), of your hard drive. When you make regular images of your hard drive, then if something goes terribly wrong, (like a virus or even if your hard drive catastrophically fails), you can just re-image the snapshot back onto your hard drive, and everything will be as it was before. So, if you are hit by a very bad virus, you simply restore (or re-image) the latest snapshot from Macrium, and all is as it was. If your hard drive dies, you put a new one in, and re-image it with your latest Macrium snapshot, and it's back to normal. These images/snapshots capture all your operating system files, all your installed programs, and all your data. It's really a necessary backup scheme these days, with all the bad stuff out there. *Smile

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect Windows 10 Backup Restore Tutorials

simrick, May 10, 2017
  13. cereberus Win User

Is that true any more with MBAM3 as it is now a more all round package like Norton or Defender etc?

cereberus, May 10, 2017
  14. simrick Win User
    Well.....I would stick with a layered approach still. I am not convinced MBAM will be the catch-all.

simrick, May 10, 2017
  15. Oh, It sounds good. I'll use it.

Thank you very much.

Thema:

1. Cannot install many antivirus softwares. - Similar Threads - Cannot install many

2. Antivirus software automatically installed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antivirus software automatically installed...: I have an HP laptop which had Net protector antivirus pre-installed an running. But recently, I just noticed now there is another antivirus software RAV Endpoint Protection. I am not sure if this came pre-installed, has a high chance it wasn't because it wasn't running in...
  3. Antivirus software automatically installed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antivirus software automatically installed...: I have an HP laptop which had Net protector antivirus pre-installed an running. But recently, I just noticed now there is another antivirus software RAV Endpoint Protection. I am not sure if this came pre-installed, has a high chance it wasn't because it wasn't running in...
  4. Antivirus software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus software: when changing antivirus software, what is my first action? - Delete existing application or - Install new application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirus-software/3f5169d7-9ea3-4aa3-a6d3-c3ef35dfb7fc
  5. Antivirus software

Antivirus software: Do I need to install McAfee antivirus software on my Windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/antivirus-software/3667e4d1-d994-4275-83fb-11cefce745b7
  6. antivirus software

antivirus software: Having used Norton, then McAfee and most recently Bitdefender in WIndows 10, I am back to Windows Defender. The vendors are apparently in a battle to add features, including VPN and backup, taking on wifi monitoring, and generally making it more difficult for me to work. I am...
  7. antivirus software

antivirus software: I have deleted by antivirus software ,so can i get my antivirus software which i deleted . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/antivirus-software/5b7ef14e-0f9a-40e5-962a-42d86f1f5186
  8. Antivirus software

Antivirus software: Does Windows 10 need antivirus software? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirus-software/e19871f3-f6a6-46f2-8952-e907b32d914c"
  9. Antivirus software

Antivirus software: Do I need to buy antivirus software to protect my laptop computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirus-software/3b20fd6e-b571-4331-8735-ee96256c299a"
  10. Antivirus software

Antivirus software: I have two antivirus software running on my computer. How do I turn one off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirus-software/e132a80b-2d74-401f-8f6e-dfe9579f1d2b"