Windows 10: Cannot install Microsoft Print to PDF

Discus and support Cannot install Microsoft Print to PDF in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have followed the directions for installing the Microsoft Print to PDF printer, but when it comes time to select a printer from the list, there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by __CB__, Aug 12, 2020.

1. __CB__ Win User

Cannot install Microsoft Print to PDF

I have followed the directions for installing the Microsoft Print to PDF printer, but when it comes time to select a printer from the list, there is not a choice for plain old "Microsoft Print to PDF." Instead I have an option to chose "Microsoft Print to PDF version: 10.0.17763.1 [6/21/2006]." Internet search does not provide clarification what the extra numbers mean.

If I select this printer to be installed, I always get the error "Unable to Install Printer. The handle is invalid."

If I try to install by choosing the option to replace the current driver, I get an error that says "Element not found."

I am assuming that there is a bad driver already installed, or the printer version is out of date. But I cannot seem to find any means of updating either the driver or the printer version.

I have already seen posts recommending reinstalling Windows 10. This seems like an onerous step that should only be taken if multiple aspects of the operating system are not working properly. I should hope that there is some solution to my problem that does not require reinstalling Windows.

Thanks.

:)

__CB__, Aug 12, 2020
  2. Erika Aro Win User

Microsoft "Print to PDF" prints out Garbage

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Microsoft Print to PDF, we just have a few questions for you:

• What are the documents that you're trying to save as a PDF file?
    • Can you provide us a step-by-step screenshot of how you print your documents as PDF?

Erika Aro, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Microsoft Print to PDF mixes up JPGs.

Hi Anita,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What happens when you select small bunch of images and try to print?
    • Is the issue specific to the Microsoft Print to PDF?
    I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Create a new folder and copy the images you want in PDF.
    • Sort the images as you want. (It always copies as per the sorted time/date)
    • Set the images in Order/Sequence as you want it to be set in PDF.
    • Select all and Print it to PDF.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Cannot install Microsoft Print to PDF

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Cannot install Microsoft Print to PDF

1. Cannot install Microsoft Print to PDF - Similar Threads - Cannot install Microsoft

2. How to install Microsoft Print to pdf?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install Microsoft Print to pdf?: I tried many ways to install Microsoft Print to Pdf using add printer and local search. while doing so i got the access denied popup message always.Printer server properties also says same popup message....
  3. How to install Microsoft Print to pdf?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install Microsoft Print to pdf?: I tried many ways to install Microsoft Print to Pdf using add printer and local search. while doing so i got the access denied popup message always.Printer server properties also says same popup message....
  4. How to install Microsoft Print to pdf?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microsoft print to PDF

Microsoft print to PDF: When I print from SAP to a PDF printer in windows 10, it does not give an option to choose a destination folder. Is there any way I can get this option?Thanks in advance....
  6. Microsoft Print to PDF

Microsoft Print to PDF: The "Microsoft Print to PDF" shows as an available printer but doesn't work. The program is not listed as a Microsoft product when I search to restore it. Is it no longer supported for Windows 10? Why would it stop working?...
  7. Microsoft Print to PDF not working & cannot restore

Microsoft Print to PDF not working & cannot restore: My Microsoft Print to PDF not working - was told turn it off in Windows Features & then turn it back on will work. After I turn it off, it doesn't allow me to turn it back on - Error msg 0x800F0922. I also tried to add it back as as new printer - error msg is Missing...
  8. microsoft print to pdf cannot select "print directly to the printer"

microsoft print to pdf cannot select "print directly to the printer": microsoft print to pdf cannot select "print directly to the printer", it's grey https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-print-to-pdf-cannot-select-print/dd76e585-e8d5-41ae-836a-160aa4bfd0d8
  9. Microsoft print to pdf

Microsoft print to pdf: When I select the printer Microsoft Print to PDF, I want to be prompted for a file name and location to save it. I am thinking it has to be tied to a port "prompting" it, but the only port I see similar on my machine is tied to Microsoft XPS Document Writer. How can I set the...
  10. Microsoft Print to PDF

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Print to PDF: Is there any way to get this app to print Headers and Fo0ters by default? I been through the settings and I can't see it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-print-to-pdf/242f5636-8e0b-47fd-a4e2-326690cdbf49