Windows 10: Cannot install most games from Xbox Game Pass for PC through MS Store (Install option...

Discus and support Cannot install most games from Xbox Game Pass for PC through MS Store (Install option... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I have bump into this very recently, already found a solution that worked for me and some folks already in the internet: PROBLEM: I'm currently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SASu5276, Aug 4, 2019.

1. SASu5276 Win User

Cannot install most games from Xbox Game Pass for PC through MS Store (Install option...

Hi, I have bump into this very recently, already found a solution that worked for me and some folks already in the internet:

1. PROBLEM: I'm currently subscribing Xbox Game Pass for PC; however, I cannot install some games like Wolfenstein II: Standard edition or The Outer Worlds, where I can install Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice or Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
    2. SOLUTION: Go to MS Windows Update > Search for Windows update to version 1903 > Install manually as MS didn't flag it to run automatically > Lunch MS Store and search for desired game - should be fixed now
    3. MIGHT BUMP INTO THIS: As you cannot change install location like in most of the shops, make sure you ether have enough disk space on your Windows partition or change “New apps will save to:” like here: https://www.thedigitalmediazone.com/2016/02/17/how-to-change-the-windows-store-download-location/
    4. Similar threads:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...s-for-pc/4df3ab79-3a5f-4340-b69e-207a25240f99

https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=1111849

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...i/7b40af27-a811-4d96-b33d-905079fb6c9c?auth=1

Hope that helps.

:)

SASu5276, Aug 4, 2019

2. Xbox Game Pass for PC app and Killer Instinct

Today I signed up for the new Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. Upon installing the Xbox Game Pass for PC app on my system, I was pleased to discover that it automatically found 3 of the 4 Microsoft games that I purchased from the MS Store and currently
    have installed: ReCore, State of Decay 2, and Sea of Thieves. These 3 games are displayed neatly on the sidebar of the app.

However, the app did not find Killer Instinct. I assume this is because the game is free-to-play and not listed on the Game Pass. So is there any way to manually add it to the sidebar along with the other Microsoft/Xbox games? If not, could the powers-that-be
    add it to the Game Pass?

Thanks

teh ninjaneer, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Xbox games pass on pc

Hi Bat,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

These are the games free with the pass.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-game-pass-p...

However, the exact difference can be told by experts on the Xbox forum so suggest you to start a question there.

Disclaimer:

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do
    more harm than good sometimes.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Aug 4, 2019
  4. Gazarra Win User

Cannot install most games from Xbox Game Pass for PC through MS Store (Install option...

XBox PC beta installer and Windows Store game installation broken

Hi All,

I signed up to the XBox game pass for PC beta and upgraded to Windows 10 1903.

Next was to install the XBox Game Pass PC app from here:

XGP viewport

With this I am getting a 0x80073CF9 error.

Then I went to the store and tried to install some of the game pass games (Gears of War 4 etc). I tried multiple of these, they each download a bit and then die with a 0x80073CF9 error.

This seems to be the case for most larger apps as well, but not for smaller ones, I installed some successfully.

All the typical troubleshooting has been done already, the Windows store has been reset, re-installed, multiple reboots were done.

Needless to say, this PC is extensively used with Steam, GOG, Epic Store and it works fine with all of them.

Is this a known extensive problem? I can see many posts here with these issues, since the game pass for PC was launched.

Is this something that will fix itself once the initial rush dies down, or something else is going on?

Thanks,

Gazarra, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot install most games from Xbox Game Pass for PC through MS Store (Install option... - Similar Threads - Cannot install games

2. Cannot download games from Xbox game pass and Microsoft store onto pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot download games from Xbox game pass and Microsoft store onto pc: On my pc, I cannot download games from game pass and Microsoft store. Gaming service is causing this. How do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-games-from-xbox-game-pass-and/76a7d8c6-0d4c-4c9c-b87d-f2a6505a3a0b
  3. Cannot download games from Xbox game pass and Microsoft store onto pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot download games from Xbox game pass and Microsoft store onto pc: On my pc, I cannot download games from game pass and Microsoft store. Gaming service is causing this. How do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-download-games-from-xbox-game-pass-and/76a7d8c6-0d4c-4c9c-b87d-f2a6505a3a0b
  4. xbox game pass app not showing pc as a option to remote install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox game pass app not showing pc as a option to remote install: when on the xbox game pass app, im trying to remote install madden 23 from my xbox to my pc, but on my phone it is only recognizing my console. How can i make it so it recognizes my pc, signed in as xbox account and email as the software, so i can download it because i own...
  5. xbox game pass app not showing pc as a option to remote install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox game pass app not showing pc as a option to remote install: when on the xbox game pass app, im trying to remote install madden 23 from my xbox to my pc, but on my phone it is only recognizing my console. How can i make it so it recognizes my pc, signed in as xbox account and email as the software, so i can download it because i own...
  6. xbox game pass install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    xbox game pass install: I bought the xbox game pass for pc and have downloaded a few games from it in the past it took a long time to actually get them to download. I've been trying to download a new one but the install button is greyed out and it says that I don't have any devices connected to my...
  7. Cannot Uninstall Games from Xbox Pass PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Uninstall Games from Xbox Pass PC: I uninstalled Outer World via the Xbox PC beta app. The files are still there. When I try to manually delete them, it says I do not have permission. Looking at answers elsewhere, it seems the Xbox Beta has somehow cut off admin power from the owner of the computer, in this...
  8. Cannot install games with the Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install games with the Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta): Hey guys, I just got the subscription for the Xbox game pass for PC (Beta) where I was able to start off the month with just paying $1. Now with this subscription are there certain games I can download with this pass because I can download games so far is Outer Worlds, but...
  9. PC Game Pass and Game Installation

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    PC Game Pass and Game Installation: There is a few games that are available with the pass that I am not able to download. The install button will be greyed and when I click on "Install on this device" the Microsoft store will tell me I don't have any devices linked to my account. I have this issue with Gears 5,...
  10. Xbox game Pass PC not installing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game Pass PC not installing games: I am trying to install games from the xbox Game Pass app on PC and it keeps saying that my drive must be formatted in NTFS. Well, both my D: and E: drives have been formatted to this since I got my PC a couple months ago. It seems like no matter what I do I cannot install...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot install xbox game pass pc

2. cannot install games on xbox pass pc

3. cannot install games on PC xbox