Windows 10: Cannot install NetFx3 feature without sources after installation of KB4458469

Discus and support Cannot install NetFx3 feature without sources after installation of KB4458469 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Using Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature, I can no longer install NetFx3 (.NET Framework 3.5) after installation of KB4458469 (cumulative update 2018-09).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Johan Stuyts, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Cannot install NetFx3 feature without sources after installation of KB4458469

Using Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature, I can no longer install NetFx3 (.NET Framework 3.5) after installation of KB4458469 (cumulative update 2018-09). Here are the steps I have performed:

1. Before the installation of KB4458469 I am able to install NetFx3. The following command succeeds:
      Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -FeatureName NetFx3 -Online
    2. I uninstall it immediately afterwards, and reboot my pc as requested:
      Disable-WindowsOptionalFeature -FeatureName NetFx3 -Online
    3. I run Windows Update, which installs KB4458469 and 2 Windows Defender updates (KB2267602 and KB4052623).
    4. Now I can no longer install NetFx3. The following command fails:
      Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -FeatureName NetFx3 -Online

Here is the output:

Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature : Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature failed. Error code = 0x800f0950
    At line:1 char:1
    + enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -FeatureName NetFx3 -Online
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: Cannot install NetFx3 feature without sources after installation of KB4458469 :)) [Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature], COMException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Dism.Commands.EnableWindowsOptionalFeatureCommand

I know this can be solved by supplying the Windows installation sources, but I don't want to have to have these around when I need to install NetFx3.

Is there something I can do before or after the update so I can install NetFx3 (without sources) after the installation of KB4458469?

:)

Johan Stuyts, Sep 29, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 29, 2018
  3. niko084 Win User
    Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Sep 29, 2018
  4. Cannot install NetFx3 feature without sources after installation of KB4458469

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

Cannot install NetFx3 feature without sources after installation of KB4458469

1. Cannot install NetFx3 feature without sources after installation of KB4458469 - Similar Threads - Cannot install NetFx3

2. Cannot install Media Feature pack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install Media Feature pack: I have to install media feature pack in order to use the camera but it says the update is not applicable to my computer. I have Windows 10 Pro N https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-media-feature-pack/289bb7d4-0b9b-4e95-aa8d-b181c64aac0c
  3. Cannot Install Feature update

Cannot Install Feature update: Split from this thread. Hi, I have been having the same issue with attempting to update Windows 10 1809 to either 1903 or 1909... However my problem occurs when the computer completely freezes during reboot @ 87%. The only error message I see is after I have had top...
  4. Cannot Install Media Feature Pack.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Install Media Feature Pack.: Currently I cannot install the Media Feature pack. Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 SO 18362.449 When I try to install the Pack it returns the following error: "The update is no aplicable to your computer"...
  5. KB4458469 seems to have "installed" ~700 times?

KB4458469 seems to have "installed" ~700 times?: Hi, one of a few questions submitting today re: a new HP x360 Spectre convertible laptop I purchased Dec 8 and have been trying to set up. Already did a reinstall and now even more questions. OEM Win10 home and McAfee trial pre-installed. Win10 install history doesn't show...
  6. Windows 10 - I can't get KB4458469 installed

Windows 10 - I can't get KB4458469 installed: How can I get KB4458469 have installed on my laptop? I'm using a laptop with windows 10. I'm everytime facing the 0x800F081F error message. I tried: Press Windows key + Sand type Command Prompt (Admin). Type these command and press Enter after each command: net stop...
  7. Update KB4458469 Will Not Install

Update KB4458469 Will Not Install: 2018-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4458469) keeps failing. In the auto update method, I get the error: Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later "Error code: (0x80073712). In...
  8. windows update KB4458469

windows update KB4458469: I cannot get this windows update to install (KB4458469). the update will download & then install to 25%, then it goes to initiating for a while. then it starts all over again. I ran the windows update troubleshooter, but did not fix the problem. Any help would be greatly...
  9. Why am I installing KB4458469 for the second time in a week?

Why am I installing KB4458469 for the second time in a week?: The subject title is the question! I installed this KB 'successfully" on 09/20/18, now this afternoon I am prompted to reboot to install again! 10Pro 64 bit, winver 17234.319 Thanks...
  10. NetFx3 installation error 0x800f0922

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NetFx3 installation error 0x800f0922: Ive been struggling with .NET framework 3.5 installation for a few weeks now. There is a couple of programs that seems to need it, and I just cant install the framework. Ive tried enabling it from the programs and features menu. It seems to copy the files to...
  1. GHacks
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. enable netfx3 from cumulative update