Windows 10: Cannot install new software

Discus and support Cannot install new software in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, lately I'm having some problems with my laptop. About a week ago I had an issue where I couldn't log into my Microsoft account after installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by M794, May 11, 2020.

1. M794 Win User

Cannot install new software

Hi, lately I'm having some problems with my laptop.
    About a week ago I had an issue where I couldn't log into my Microsoft account after installing some updates, it kept saying "Preparing Windows" and then logging me into a temporary account, but I fixed that by restarting. Then immediately after I couldn't open programs, because apparently I didn't have permissions over the Program Files folder (even though I'm an administrator), but I fixed that by going through all the program folders one by one (see attached pic).
    Cannot install new software [​IMG]

I'm mentioning this because it's probably related, because now I also cannot install any new programs, I keep getting various errors. I tried installing the new Microsoft Edge, iTunes and Malwarebytes but they all gave me an error. I tried installing apps from the Microsoft Store, but that gave me error 0x80010108. I also tried to install some updates, and that gave me an error as well, 0x800700b7.
    The only thing I remember doing before this was installing some drivers, which Dell recommended based on my system, so they were compatible with my laptop.
    Even before this, I had a memory management error which made me do a clean installation of Windows 10, but everything was fine after that so it's most likely irrelevant to my current issue.
    I'm running Window 10 Home 64-bit, version 1909.
    What could be the issue here and what could I do to fix it?

:)

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 11, 2020
  3. Depth Win User
    Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, May 11, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot install new software - Similar Threads - Cannot install software

2. Installing a new software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing a new software: I'm trying to download an tax software. I get a .dll error. What can I do to let the software download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-a-new-software/9a2ba91b-c4d9-4c95-87fa-c26fbfd3b182
  3. Installing a new software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing a new software: I'm trying to download an tax software. I get a .dll error. What can I do to let the software download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-a-new-software/9a2ba91b-c4d9-4c95-87fa-c26fbfd3b182
  4. Installing a new software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Cannot install software in Windows11

Cannot install software in Windows11: Hi,I am a students and I need to install Ansys students version in windows 11. But nothing launches or pop ups after selecting the installation file. The loading cursor is visible for sometime and nothing happens. Same is the issue with premier, but I could see the...
  6. Cannot install software in Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install software in Windows11: Hi,I am a students and I need to install Ansys students version in windows 11. But nothing launches or pop ups after selecting the installation file. The loading cursor is visible for sometime and nothing happens. Same is the issue with premier, but I could see the...
  7. Cannot install/uninstall a software

Cannot install/uninstall a software: Hi! I installed Ivanti Endpoint Manager. I used it for a while. A new version became available. When I was updating it, something went wrong and it failed to upgrade. Please see the screenshot for details. Now, I am trying to completely uninstall this application but it gets...
  8. Cannot Install Printer Software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot Install Printer Software: Cannot Install HP CP1515n Printer Software on my Win 10 64bit ! When i try to install the software wont recognize printer via USB ! I can print documents ! HP printer appear in the Printers&Scanners as DEFAULT !...
  9. Cannot install software (InstallShield)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot install software (InstallShield): Hi Microsoft Team, For some reason I am not able to install anything on my computer that uses InstallShield. Error is: "Unhandled Exception Error Number: 0x80004005 Description: Unspecified Error Setup will now terminate." I'm not using RDC or any other...
  10. Cannot install many antivirus softwares.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot install many antivirus softwares.: Hi all, I have a trouble in installing avast, AVG, Malwarebytes. Somehow Kaspersky can be installed. When I try to install avast/AVG/Malwarebytes, alert appears saying running this program is blocked by Administrator which is me. And the certification for the software is...