Windows 10: Cannot install nor uninstall Logitech SetPoint 6.69; untimely error messages

Discus and support Cannot install nor uninstall Logitech SetPoint 6.69; untimely error messages in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I try to install, I can get to the 4rth part (complete installation; it says the components are installed), but as soon as I click "complete", an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hight996, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Cannot install nor uninstall Logitech SetPoint 6.69; untimely error messages

When I try to install, I can get to the 4rth part (complete installation; it says the components are installed), but as soon as I click "complete", an error window pops up;

"SetPoint has encountered a problem, and can not continue. Please reinstall SetPpoint to correct this".

And then the famous: "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\CDDRV3\LDConfig.exe.'"

When I try to uninstall the software I get a tiny blank error window. Hard to describe, I'll see if I can post a picture of it.

Context: The program was previously installed. After force-trying to delete the "adb" folder I made an error and started deleting lots of common files. It was using the command prompt so it all happened really fast. Since then, I get the same aforementioned error messages when I start Windows (10).
    I had to reinstall some programs afterwards, although the configurations for each program were saved. I freed around 20 Go of files. I think I made a big mistake but other than the programs I had to re-install, everything seems to work flawlessly. Even after re-installation, I have spared 15 Go, which I guess I'm grateful for.

Many folders from "\C:" were deleted. I only have the most important ones now.

I scanned Windows and it said it fixed the problems that were found (using CMD sfc /SCANNOW). Still get those error messages though.
    Thank you for your help.

submitted by /u/hight996
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hight996, Jun 5, 2020

2. Unable to install Logitech Setpoint 6.69.126_64

Thank you, Greg!

I've already tried/confirmed the suggestions in the first two links...

Your comprehensive list of Windows repair tasks is very impressive! I am going to keep it for future reference and I'm sure MS and Dell will lead me, and so many others, to these multiple steps in no time.

I did actually cover many of them already. (All the scans I did returned no errors.) And the most involved steps (for example, account replacement) are way-too-much work for a problem that isn't nearly as significant.

At the moment, I have a second-time escalation with Logitech's in-house support. So I'm going to wait and see.

Finally, my suspicion is that I turned off a service that the Logitech Setpoint package is looking for and that it gets lost without it. (I did so when trying to solve a problem with mini-freezes I started experiencing about 6 months ago, after a Windows
    update. It was solved when I changed Turn off hard disk to Never.) I can experiment with turning some of those back on.

Thank you again,

JF

Josephus Flavius, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Logitech setpoint won't install on Windows 10

*Original Title: logitech setpoint wont installon wi 10

logitech setpoint wont install on win 10

mrechols18, Jun 5, 2020
  4. anonemus Win User

Cannot install nor uninstall Logitech SetPoint 6.69; untimely error messages

New Logitech Setpoint 6 drivers.

Got my Logitech MX518 a few days ago. Setpoint 6 was installed for my Media 600 keyboard. It detected my MX518 but since I don't have net access at home, Setpoint 6 doesn't show a pic of my particular KB and mouse. No problem though.

What I did was installed Setpoint 4.8 from the CD that came with my mouse. Everything seem stable except that (even in version 6) it doesn't notify when I change my mouse's DPI.

My question here is, is it okay to just use 4.8?

anonemus, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Cannot install nor uninstall Logitech SetPoint 6.69; untimely error messages

1. Cannot install nor uninstall Logitech SetPoint 6.69; untimely error messages - Similar Threads - Cannot install nor

2. Cannot Install Logitech Setpoint

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Install Logitech Setpoint: I have tried to no avail to install Logitech Setpoint to be able to customize my K350 Wireless Keyboard. Every time I download and click the package I get the blue spinning circle for about 3 seconds and then nothing happens or opens. I've tried several solutions such as...
  3. Cannot Install Logitech Setpoint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Install Logitech Setpoint: I have tried to no avail to install Logitech Setpoint to be able to customize my K350 Wireless Keyboard. Every time I download and click the package I get the blue spinning circle for about 3 seconds and then nothing happens or opens. I've tried several solutions such as...
  4. Cannot Install Logitech Setpoint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WIndows 10 and Logitech Setpoint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows 10 and Logitech Setpoint: I recently switched from Windows 7 to windows 10. On Win 7 I used Logitech Setpoint with my Logitech M560 mouse to customize buttons and it worked perfectly. Now, on Windows 10 same mouse, same Setpoint and scroll after a 10 minutes of use becomes unresponsive and very slow....
  6. WIndows 10 and Logitech Setpoint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows 10 and Logitech Setpoint: I recently switched from Windows 7 to windows 10. On Win 7 I used Logitech Setpoint with my Logitech M560 mouse to customize buttons and it worked perfectly. Now, on Windows 10 same mouse, same Setpoint and scroll after a 10 minutes of use becomes unresponsive and very slow....
  7. Logitech Setpoint 6.69

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Logitech Setpoint 6.69: I have tryed and tryed and tryed to get this software to load in Windows 10. It was working a few weeks ago, and now I continually get a "failed" to load error. I have tryed the " mode" as well, and it still shows a failed message. Can someone please help. [ATTACH]...
  8. Logitech Setpoint Errors and some Fixes Fix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech Setpoint Errors and some Fixes Fix: I had an Issue with the latest Version of the Setpoint Software a few days ago with it crashing with a Runtime Error about every 5 minutes , you click okay and the Logitech Software auto restarts , but 5 mins later it crashes again , this happens Over and Over , and cannot be...
  9. I cannot install Logitech Setpoint - just recently

I cannot install Logitech Setpoint - just recently: Hi all, I'm desperate here. I've been using Logitech Setpoint for years. That is software that allows you to customize your Logitech Mouse or Keyboard. I've had my share of problems with Setpoint, but this is a new one. I had a drive failure, and I just got Windows 10 Pro...
  10. Latest Logitech SetPoint Software

Latest Logitech SetPoint Software: Latest Logitech SetPoint Released [img] Note Date: September 8th 2015 Software Version: 6.67.83 Updated Description: Support added for Windows 10 Bug fixes Logitech -SetPoint Download Logitech -Software Downloads 10273