Windows 10: Cannot install Nvidia Control Panel from Windows Store due to where new content is saved

Discus and support Cannot install Nvidia Control Panel from Windows Store due to where new content is saved in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi All, I have Windows 10 V2004 and have a Nvidia GeForce 1060 video card. I have the Nvidia GForce expeience software installed ok and the latest... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by cyberzork, Jun 23, 2020.

1. cyberzork Win User

Cannot install Nvidia Control Panel from Windows Store due to where new content is saved

Hi All,

I have Windows 10 V2004 and have a Nvidia GeForce 1060 video card. I have the Nvidia GForce expeience software installed ok and the latest Nvidia driver installed ok.

Note:- All my user profile folder storage locations are set to my local D:\ drive.

However every time i start Windows 10 i get the Nvidia banner in the bottom right corner that says to "Install Nvidia Control Panel from the Windows Store". When i go to the Windows Store and try to install the Nvidia Control Panel, i get the error - "Cannot install due to you need to change where new content is stored ? Then the computer freezes & locks up. I then have to reset the computer via the power button.

I have tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the Nvidia Gforce experience and Nvidia driver etc & doing a clean install, but same problem. For some reason the Nvidia install is not installing the normal Nvidia control panel where that used to be automatic previously,

I have done a registry clean and no problems there. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thankz in advance.

:)

cyberzork, Jun 23, 2020
  2. Faith Win User

Nvidia Control Panel Missing

Do you have the DCH driver installed? You need to grab the controlpanel from the Microsoft Store if you do. If you don't then just DDU your driver in safe mode, plug out the ethernet/wireless connection and install the standard Nvidia driver manually. This will fix it. I can write or link you a step-by guide if you are unfamiliar with it.

DCH Version/Nvidia Control panel: Buy NVIDIA Control Panel - Microsoft Store

Faith, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Carsomyr Win User
    where is NVIDIA control panel in windows 10?

I cannot seem to get the nvidia control panel (system tray)
    I tried everything I could think of:

- Nvidia driver uninstall + device uninstall + change device auto install drivers in hardware settings + clean install... no joy...
    - Windows automatically installs some nvidia drivers, no matter what I try and I can't see or find the control panel.

Any suggestions?

Carsomyr, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Cannot install Nvidia Control Panel from Windows Store due to where new content is saved

Nvidia Control Panel Missing

It says "NVIDIA Control Panel is currently not available." what should I do next?

obaidrasheed18, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Cannot install Nvidia Control Panel from Windows Store due to where new content is saved

1. Cannot install Nvidia Control Panel from Windows Store due to where new content is saved - Similar Threads - Cannot install Nvidia

2. Where new content is saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where new content is saved: Windows 11: If I am working out of a document and I want to save it under a different name in the same file that I had opened it from it is always taking me to save in OneDrive instead of the file I was working in. If I select "Save As" why is it not staying in the same file...
  3. Where new content is saved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where new content is saved: Windows 11: If I am working out of a document and I want to save it under a different name in the same file that I had opened it from it is always taking me to save in OneDrive instead of the file I was working in. If I select "Save As" why is it not staying in the same file...
  4. NVidia control panel won't install from Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVidia control panel won't install from Microsoft store.: I keep getting the error : Change where you install apps This app must install to your system drive, but that's not the default. Go to Storage > Change where new content is saved, select your system drive, and retry your install. Windows is installed on my C drive along...
  5. Can't install NVIDIA control panel from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't install NVIDIA control panel from Microsoft Store: Can't install NVIDIA control panel from Microsoft Store I'm on the latest Windows 10. I've just installed an NVIDIA graphics card. Every day I get a popup saying NVIDIA control panel is not installed. everytime i try to download this ******* control panel app from the...
  6. Can't install NVIDIA control panel from Microsoft Store

Can't install NVIDIA control panel from Microsoft Store: I'm on the latest Windows 10. I've just installed an NVIDIA graphics card. Every day I get a popup saying NVIDIA control panel is not installed. A link in it takes me to the Microsoft Store, a page called NVIDIA Control Panel. There's a link 'Get'. When I click this link in...
  7. Unable to not only change where new content is saved, but also can't install NVIDIA Control...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to not only change where new content is saved, but also can't install NVIDIA Control...: Hi, So let me explain my situation: I recently had problems with mic issues, turns out I was missing Maxx audio something and to fix it I reset my PC. Before I did this, I was able to change the install location of apps on Microsoft store and have NVIDIA Control Panel....
  8. Impossible to download Nvidia Control Panel from Store.

Impossible to download Nvidia Control Panel from Store.: Hello, i'm in a big mess, my TWO developpement machines are unable to download the Nvidia Control Panel from STORE ! it seems i'm not the only one. ...of course, after the last WIndows Update. THANKS microsoft, thanks for all the problems you SET UP at each update. really...
  9. Cannot change where New Content is saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot change where New Content is saved: I have gone to my "Change Where New Content Is Saved" page in Settings in an attempt to change the location where my Pictures are stored. However, the drop down box is locked at C. In fact they are all locked on C. How can I correct this?...
  10. Cannot "change where new content is saved"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot "change where new content is saved": Microsoft has been updating so often that when one update notice has cleared, another shows up by the end of the day. That said... 2 weeks ago, all of my files starting saving to disk C when they should be saving to disk D. I spotted it today & have spent the morning moving...