Windows 10: Cannot install or download certain programs

Discus and support Cannot install or download certain programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; New system I built. Everthing works fine until I switch users to my other account. I cannot download Firefox; absolutely nothing happens. Further,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Keith R. Starkey, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Cannot install or download certain programs

New system I built. Everthing works fine until I switch users to my other account. I cannot download Firefox; absolutely nothing happens. Further, Google did install but running it, even as Admin, does absolutely nothing. Don't understand what could be going on.

Thanks.

:)

Keith R. Starkey, Dec 3, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 3, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Cannot install or download certain programs

cant install a program

Hi Maxime,

The error code driver_power_state_failure means that a driver is not handling the power state properly on your PC. You need to make sure that your PC and all your attached devices are on the

Hardware Compatibility list

We suggest installing the mouse driver in Compatibility Mode by following these steps:

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility Tab .

• Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility Mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list
    • Let the program install and then check the functionality.

Feel free to post back on this thread if you have any other queries.

Eileen Gal, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Cannot install or download certain programs

1. Cannot install or download certain programs - Similar Threads - Cannot install download

2. Microsoft Store not downloading certain programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store not downloading certain programs: I have upgraded a computer that originally ran Windows 7 to Windows 10, but I have noticed that certain programs do not download properly. These are the 4 programs-- Microsoft visual C++ 2013 UWP Desktop runtime- Microsoft visual C++ 2012 UWP Desktop runtime- Microsoft visual...
  3. Microsoft Store not downloading certain programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store not downloading certain programs: I have upgraded a computer that originally ran Windows 7 to Windows 10, but I have noticed that certain programs do not download properly. These are the 4 programs-- Microsoft visual C++ 2013 UWP Desktop runtime- Microsoft visual C++ 2012 UWP Desktop runtime- Microsoft visual...
  4. Microsoft Store not downloading certain programs

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Cannot Download The Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot Download The Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter: I can't download Microsoft's Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter, it gives me a 404 page when I try to download it. I need the file to uninstall a corrupt version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable. Is there anywhere I can go to get this?...
  6. Certain program cannot be uninstalled?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain program cannot be uninstalled?: I use Windows 10 and want to uninstall a program, but when I right-click on it nothing happens (Imgur). Since this is a very large file, it would be good if I could delete it. I hope you can help me. Bestimmtes Programm kann nicht deinstalliert werden?
  7. Error that it cannot find a certain program

Error that it cannot find a certain program: I recently updated Windows 10 and I am not sure if that had anything to do with it or some kind of mystery magic happened. I went to click the shortcut for Steam that I have always had and it says it cannot find D;\program files x86\steam\steam.exe. I checked the drive and...
  8. Limit download/upload of certain programs?

Limit download/upload of certain programs?: Does anyone know how to set a maximum download/upload speed for certain programs on Windows or with other programs? For example, a maximum of 5 Mbps or similar. Down-/Upload von bestimmten Programmen limitieren?
  9. Cannot Download a certain file

Cannot Download a certain file: I was trying to download an iso file that was 6.2 GB on a 2TB HDD. The download resulted as a fail and it reported as "Disk Full" as the error, even though there was nothing on the drive. PLEASE HELP...
  10. Download speeds capped only in certain programs

Download speeds capped only in certain programs: I have 15MB/sec download speed, but I never actually seen it go that high until I downloaded some games from the Microsoft Store. When I'm using a torrent program, Steam/etc, or downloading within my internet browsers (all with no bandwidth restrictions in the options),...