Windows 10: Cannot install particular game

Discus and support Cannot install particular game in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Having a bit of a problem with a particular game on the Microsoft store. It says that it's for PC, but after purchasing it, it won't let me install the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RHyska, Sep 10, 2019.

1. RHyska Win User

Cannot install particular game

Having a bit of a problem with a particular game on the Microsoft store. It says that it's for PC, but after purchasing it, it won't let me install the game because it's "unplayable" on my computer. Any suggestions?

:)

RHyska, Sep 10, 2019

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Cannot install particular game

iwin games won't load

Hi Sebrad,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

What is the exact issue you are facing with the game?

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

Cannot install particular game

1. Cannot install particular game - Similar Threads - Cannot install particular

2. Cannot install a game through Steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install a game through Steam: I have been attempting to install a game through Steam for the past couple of days but I am unable to. The game will install all of the files up until the very last moment, where then Steam will give a "Corrupt Download" error. I have tried asking on forums online as well as...
  3. Cannot install a game through Steam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install a game through Steam: I have been attempting to install a game through Steam for the past couple of days but I am unable to. The game will install all of the files up until the very last moment, where then Steam will give a "Corrupt Download" error. I have tried asking on forums online as well as...
  4. Repeating BSOD issue with one particular game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeating BSOD issue with one particular game: Hey all,I'm getting regular bluescreens when playing Star Wars Squadrons. I'm using more peripherals than usual but they're essential ones joystick, Azeron Controller - both connected via USB. No problems with other games.Specs:Processor IntelR CoreTM i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz...
  5. cannot install games on secondary hardrive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    cannot install games on secondary hardrive: hi so i tried to install Sea of Thieves with Microsoft store, but when I choose drive D: nothing happens when I press install. not even an error code. i downloaded the box app and it says my drive is not set up for installing games, so i tried to set default drive as D: for...
  6. Cannot change where games are installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change where games are installed: I am trying to change the hard drive where Xbox games pass apps are installed. When I attempt to do this, I get error code 0x800700005. How can I fix this?...
  7. Ping spikes on Wifi, particularly while gaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ping spikes on Wifi, particularly while gaming: Hello, This issue has been asked to death on various forums but I've tried many solutions and have failed to find a fix for my recent ping spikes. I have been experiencing ping spikes of around ~2000ms occurring 2-4 times every minute after I start gaming. The games are...
  8. Frequent BSOD, particularly when installing a game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frequent BSOD, particularly when installing a game: I have recently been enduring a large number of bluescreens with varying error codes, I have noticed this while installing games particularly ( latest game to crash my PC was Destiny 2 ). So far I have used chkdsk, sfc and mdsched and none of them found any issues. I have...
  9. Cannot access 1 particular website on a particular PC

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot access 1 particular website on a particular PC: I have the problem where I cannot access one particular website on only one of my pc, the site is christies.com I can access it on my phone and on my laptop, but on my pc i cannot access even with different browsers I keep getting connection was reset and secure connect...
  10. Cannot access 1 particular website on a particular PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot access 1 particular website on a particular PC: I have the problem where I cannot access one particular website on only one of my pc, the site is christies.com I can access it on my phone and on my laptop, but on my pc i cannot access even with different browsers I keep getting connection was reset and secure connect...