Windows 10: Cannot install particular game

Discus and support Cannot install particular game in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Having a bit of a problem with a particular game on the Microsoft store. It says that it's for PC, but after purchasing it, it won't let me install the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RHyska, Sep 10, 2019.

1. RHyska Win User

Cannot install particular game

Having a bit of a problem with a particular game on the Microsoft store. It says that it's for PC, but after purchasing it, it won't let me install the game because it's "unplayable" on my computer. Any suggestions?

:)

RHyska, Sep 10, 2019

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Cannot install particular game

iwin games won't load

Hi Sebrad,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

What is the exact issue you are facing with the game?

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

Cannot install particular game

1. Cannot install particular game - Similar Threads - Cannot install particular

2. Cannot install game launcher because of .netframework 3.5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install game launcher because of .netframework 3.5: Hello i got a problem. I have windows 10 pro Version 1809 build 17763.557. with genuine windows installed with key. This is my problem. I wanted to install some programs that require .netframework 3.5. It's just a luncher for a game i am playing. So i installed the...
  3. Cannot install a game from Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot install a game from Microsoft Store: Hello Microsoft Community, I'm very sorry to bother all of you, however, I believe there is nothing I can do now apart from asking real people for help. I've recently picked up the Xbox Game Pass via the promotion: $1 for 3 months and was very excited to play Sea of Thieves...
  4. Microsoft Store couldn't search/install for a particular app?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store couldn't search/install for a particular app?: So i would like to install a game called Minecraft for Windows 10, but when i clicked on the app it showed error. Demonstration: https://youtu.be/QnTp6NKRJzo I've tried cleaning the cache, resetting the app, reinstalling the app, tried the troubleshooter, not working. I...
  5. Frequent BSOD, particularly when installing a game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frequent BSOD, particularly when installing a game: I have recently been enduring a large number of bluescreens with varying error codes, I have noticed this while installing games particularly ( latest game to crash my PC was Destiny 2 ). So far I have used chkdsk, sfc and mdsched and none of them found any issues. I have...
  6. Particular document is not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Particular document is not responding: I’ve faced an issue with a particular document, which is not responding when I click on it. Is it corrupted? What am I supposed to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/particular-document-is-not-responding/15161bf1-0009-49c1-9e73-2ed145b43d44"
  7. Cannot access 1 particular website on a particular PC

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot access 1 particular website on a particular PC: I have the problem where I cannot access one particular website on only one of my pc, the site is christies.com I can access it on my phone and on my laptop, but on my pc i cannot access even with different browsers I keep getting connection was reset and secure connect...
  8. Cannot access 1 particular website on a particular PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot access 1 particular website on a particular PC: I have the problem where I cannot access one particular website on only one of my pc, the site is christies.com I can access it on my phone and on my laptop, but on my pc i cannot access even with different browsers I keep getting connection was reset and secure connect...
  9. Cannot Install Forza Horizon Game Add-Ons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Install Forza Horizon Game Add-Ons: Split from this thread. I'm trying to install game add-ons for Forza Horizon 3 through the Microsoft Store and I'm getting the same message that says, "It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign in on a device...
  10. BSOD, Usually soon after startup ( No Particular game or application )

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD, Usually soon after startup ( No Particular game or application ): recently I've been having random shutdown errors or BSOD (Blue Screens Of Death). From what I have seen mostly recently the errors include 1) PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA 2) KMode_exception_not_handled 3) critical_structure_corruption 4) irql_not_less_or_equal...