Windows 10: Cannot install photos app.

Discus and support Cannot install photos app. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Cannot install photos update and now I cannot open it on my PC. This happened after the last cumulative update for Windows 10 Pro. I get the attached... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by WallaceOtting, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Cannot install photos app.

Cannot install photos update and now I cannot open it on my PC. This happened after the last cumulative update for Windows 10 Pro. I get the attached error code.

:)

WallaceOtting, Jun 10, 2022

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 10, 2022
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jun 10, 2022
  4. Cannot install photos app.

windows photo app.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Photo app and check if it helps.

Follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type Windows Powershell in search box.
    • Right click on Windows Powershell and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Copy and paste the following command.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

• Press Enter key.

After uninstalling the Photo app I suggest you to download and install the app again and check.

You can download the Mail app from the following link.

Get $Microsoft Photos from the Microsoft Store

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 10, 2022
Thema:

Cannot install photos app.

1. Cannot install photos app. - Similar Threads - Cannot install photos

2. Cannot install photos app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install photos app.: Cannot install photos update and now I cannot open it on my PC. This happened after the last cumulative update for Windows 10 Pro. I get the attached error code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-photos-app/a4bd5615-cef0-40fe-b9aa-bd971f747b14
  3. Cannot install photos app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install photos app.: Cannot install photos update and now I cannot open it on my PC. This happened after the last cumulative update for Windows 10 Pro. I get the attached error code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-photos-app/a4bd5615-cef0-40fe-b9aa-bd971f747b14
  4. Windows Photos app cannot find photos on NAS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photos app cannot find photos on NAS: I have a photos folder on a connected Asustor NAS running v3.7x of the ADM and have successfully mapped the drive \\10.x.x.xx\photos to my computer using SMB CIFS/SAMBA. These files are mostly jpg, png, and bmp with RAW and TIFF thrown in. I can access that folder with no...
  5. Windows Photos app cannot find photos on NAS

Windows Photos app cannot find photos on NAS: I have a photos folder on a connected Asustor NAS running v3.7x of the ADM and have successfully mapped the drive \\10.x.x.xx\photos to my computer using SMB CIFS/SAMBA. These files are mostly jpg, png, and bmp with RAW and TIFF thrown in. I can access that folder with no...
  6. Photo App says it cannot open.

Photo App says it cannot open.: Photo App states it cannot open. Ways to reinstall the App. If I remove the existing app and reinstall the app will I loose all the currently saved pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-app-says-it-cannot-open/a4cfdfb3-9841-45f5-97c5-2a3f62f24e0a
  7. Cannot edit videos with Photo App

Cannot edit videos with Photo App: Hi, the photo app in my new acer swift3 laptop does not allow any video edit functions, unlike my previous Acer laptop. I've tried several things: 1 Check windows update several times to confirm that I have all latest patches updated 2 Tried to install Photo app again, but...
  8. cannot rotate new photos on windows photo apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot rotate new photos on windows photo apps: i'm not sure if it have to do with windows or some settings on my galaxy note 10+ phone. most strange thing happened. all photos i took from yesterday and moved them to my pictures folder in win. 10 i get this massage when i'm trying to rotate them: "you cannot rotate this...
  9. cannot import photos with the windows photos app

cannot import photos with the windows photos app: hello, so the photos app earlier used to work fine. now it fails to import photos 1) the pc does not recognise my apple iphone instantly,(new one has this problem too, so i can confirm it is not just because of the iphone) but rather takes time to recognise it's folders....
  10. Cannot view photos in photo app

Cannot view photos in photo app: I opened my picture library and double clicked to view photo, photo App opens and shuts immediately and then displays an error message. This happens with all photos/pictures I have tried to open! [img] How can I view my photos/pictures in Windows 10? *Sick Just to...