Windows 10: Cannot install program from CD

Discus and support Cannot install program from CD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cannot install a program from my CD. I have this issue with two programs that worked before. I had a hard drive that failed and now reinstalling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kelley Adamson, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Cannot install program from CD

I cannot install a program from my CD. I have this issue with two programs that worked before. I had a hard drive that failed and now reinstalling programs. What is the problem? I have search the internet and tried dome of the other suggestions. Seems to be a new issue as I was able to install the programs on the same computer with Windows 10 Pro before.

:)

Kelley Adamson, Jan 28, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Install CD RECORDER GP 50 - Windows 10

Hi Bernie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the model of the PC?

I suggest you to go through the Hardware Installation section in the
    Owner’s Manual
    to know to install the CD recorder. If the drive is not recognized by Windows after installing, try the troubleshooting steps listed in
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Unable to install dictonary from CD

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What exactly happens when you try to install?

• Did you receive any error message?

• Did you install any third party security application?

• Is the issue specific to a particular CD or are you able to read other files from other discs?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the particular application that you are trying to install is compatible with Windows 10.

You may also copy all of the content inside the CD to a folder and try to install it in compatibility mode.

Please follow the below steps:

1) Right click on the Program.

2) Click on Properties.

3) Click on Compatibility tab.

4) Select Run this program in compatibility mode (try different Operating systems) and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.

Please do let us know whether you are able to install the application successfully after following the above steps. If you require further assistance, please reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Cannot install program from CD

good program to burn mp3 cd's

i've been using nero for a long time to satisfy all my cd/dvd burning needs but i feel the nero is a bit bloated these days, i'm wondering if there is another program with less bloat that will allow me to make mp3 cd's with less extra software or steps involved, basically just a reletively simple burning program

psychomage343, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

Cannot install program from CD

1. Cannot install program from CD - Similar Threads - Cannot install program

2. cannot install a program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot install a program: HiYesterday I installed Tomb raider 2013 on my pcI wanted uninstall the gameI launched the unins000.exe then a error comes it says Runtime error could not call proc xxx.xxThis comes with another game also!Later I deleted the game folder manually and removed the game from...
  3. cannot install a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot install a program: HiYesterday I installed Tomb raider 2013 on my pcI wanted uninstall the gameI launched the unins000.exe then a error comes it says Runtime error could not call proc xxx.xxThis comes with another game also!Later I deleted the game folder manually and removed the game from...
  4. cannot install a program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. cannot install a program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot install a program: We recently purchased a new laptop and installed all theprograms that we had on the old one, except one program will not install on thenew lap top. Both laptops run windows 10. The program allows some very basic editing of photos cropping, red eyeremoval, rotate and flip,...
  6. Cannot install programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install programs: Hi, three weeks ago I upgraded Windows 7 to 10 full, fresh install, and now I started having problems with running applications. Today Firefox stopped being able to play sound. I tried to reinstall but I had an error '' 7-zip can not create temp folder archive''. Then...
  7. CD-ROM program installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD-ROM program installation: I retained a copy of Office Home and Student 2010, and need it in order to read my saved items on a flashdrive. The CD-ROM spins when I try to install, but nothing appears on the screen. What are my options? I have a product key....
  8. Computer fails to install setup .exe program from original CD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer fails to install setup .exe program from original CD: I’ve purchased a new HP laptop running Windows 10. My problem is that I cannot install media for the wireless printer. I tried to run the setup .exe program from the original CD but received a message that I should get the permission from the administrator. Then I tried to...
  9. Cannot install programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot install programs: I cannot install programs using my admin log in. I tech was helping me and created a new local admin account on my pc and that account was able to install the program. What do I need to change on my original admin account to allow me to install? The the teach just ended the...
  10. Cannot boot from CD

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot boot from CD: I'm trying to wipe my hard drive with DBAN due to a trojan. I successfully booted from a CD but DBAN (from 2014) only ran 5 seconds, so I burned a CD and a USB thumb drive with the latest version of DBAN. I cannot get the PC to boot from either device despite changing the...