Windows 10: Cannot Install Sea of Thieves from Xbox (Beta) App or Microsoft Store

Discus and support Cannot Install Sea of Thieves from Xbox (Beta) App or Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello there I have Xbox Game Pass for PC, and want to install Sea of Thieves to play with my friends. When I click install on the Xbox (Beta) app it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by markvdean, Dec 8, 2019.

1. markvdean Win User

Cannot Install Sea of Thieves from Xbox (Beta) App or Microsoft Store

Hello there

I have Xbox Game Pass for PC, and want to install Sea of Thieves to play with my friends.

When I click install on the Xbox (Beta) app it stops immediately and I get a message saying that an error has occurred, with the code 0x80004005 (of which I can't find it mentioned online relevant to my problem).

I tried on the Microsoft Store app, too, but nothing happens when I click the button.

Other games install just fine on both apps.

Thank you

Mark.

:)

markvdean, Dec 8, 2019

2. Unable to install Sea of Thieves Final Beta

Hi,

Having a corrupted profile is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to download the game Sea of Thieves Final Beta. To help you resolve this concern, we recommend that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove conflicts with an app from Microsoft Store. To proceed, you may click the link below:

Click here

Step 2: Download any apps from Microsoft Store before you download the Sea of Thieves Final Beta again.

Keep us updated.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 8, 2019
  3. I cannot download Sea of Thieves on PC from microsoft store.

Hi Christopher,

Sorry for the delayed response. We identified this issue regards downloading Sea of Thieves from Windows Store App and we still working on it to fix the problem. As a workaround, we suggest following the steps below:

• Cancel all existing download on the Store app.
    • Start the download of Sea of Thieves once again.
    • As soon as the download starts, immediately restart the computer.
    • After the reboot, do not launch the Store app instead wait for the passive download which you can check in the Action Center. Then it will automatically install by itself and then open the game without any issues.

For any results, please let us know.

Genevieve Cri, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Cannot Install Sea of Thieves from Xbox (Beta) App or Microsoft Store

Sea of Thieves not available?

Hi HideTheHorizon,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when the Microsoft Store app doesn't work as it should.

• Have you signed in to the same account that was used for purchase?

Suggest you to refer to the following information from this article
    "To find out what regions you can purchase Sea of Thieves in, and what languages are currently supported refer to the useful articles on the Sea of Thieves".

Sea of Thieves FAQ: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-titles/sea-of-thieves-faq

Troubleshoot problems with Xbox Play Anywhere games:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-titles/xbox-play-anywhere-help

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Cannot Install Sea of Thieves from Xbox (Beta) App or Microsoft Store

1. Cannot Install Sea of Thieves from Xbox (Beta) App or Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Cannot Install Sea

2. Xbox problem installing sea of thieves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox problem installing sea of thieves: I need some help installing this game, when I start installing it will gives me an error "ms-resource: AppNameShippingClient could not be opened because it is offline. The storage device maybe missing or disconnected". I don't have a way to install it, I'm sure everything is...
  3. Xbox problem installing sea of thieves

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox problem installing sea of thieves: I need some help installing this game, when I start installing it will gives me an error "ms-resource: AppNameShippingClient could not be opened because it is offline. The storage device maybe missing or disconnected". I don't have a way to install it, I'm sure everything is...
  4. Microsoft Store installation bug Sea of Thieves

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store installation bug Sea of Thieves: Some context:I've been playing Sea of Thieves for years now, without any problem installing it, or anything, but today when I tried to play with it, it crashed multiple times, so I thought I would re-install it. I searched ''Sea of thieves''- Right click - Uninstall, then I...
  5. Cannot install Sea of Thieves on PC

Cannot install Sea of Thieves on PC: Hello does anyone knows how to fix this problem? Here is a little clip trying to install the game... https://youtu.be/mwSnfQQognU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-sea-of-thieves-on-pc/7f0bfb86-c4c6-4b2f-8d75-bf7bd7c742a1
  6. Cannot speak in the Xbox App or Sea of Thieves

Cannot speak in the Xbox App or Sea of Thieves: I have a SteelSeries Siberia 350 headset working perfectly fine on every applications, except I cannot speak in Groups in the Xbox App or in-game in Sea of Thieves. I have checked every tutorial about how to activate the microphone on the account, apps, etc, so I'm pretty...
  7. Unable to open Sea of Thieves from Microsoft Store

Unable to open Sea of Thieves from Microsoft Store: When clicking play, app opens for a brief second and then closes. No error message, just crashed. Seems its a common problem but no real solution. Used it on this computer many of times, however when trying to reinstall after a clean format, its no longer working. Other apps...
  8. Xbox beta error when installing sea of thieves

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox beta error when installing sea of thieves: [ATTACH] Beforehand i want to know that i know there is a post about the same exact issue on this subreddit, I checked the answers and tried them, but they did not work for me, so i come here for help. I tried to install other games (I tried TABS and AoE, and it worked...
  9. Microsoft Store cannot purchase Sea Of Thieves

Microsoft Store cannot purchase Sea Of Thieves: Hello I am from Macedonia and i want to purchase this game from the store. I cannot find a way to purchase this on the store itself without being forced to add billing address as some address in the USA . Am i not able to make a purchase from my country of origin? Does it...
  10. Can't download sea of thieves from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download sea of thieves from the Microsoft Store: I just bought sea of thieves on the micrMicro store for my windows 10 PC. When I click on install, I only get this error message: "Try again later. Something happened at our end". How long until this issue is resolved?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sea of thieves error downloading Xbox beta app